Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 08:26 AM   #46  
A princess in the making!

Talking Good Morning

Jenelle: Welcome! Of course you can join us. I just came here about 2 weeks ago with 99 to lose. I say 100 cause I like even numbers. You will love it here. Everyone is so wonderful.

I also weigh in on Saturday! Our current weight is almost the same. My goal is 139 for me. and 144 for WW.

Glad to have you here!
Old 04-21-2002, 10:36 AM   #47  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

OK, I TANKED big time... Johnny brought home chips, stuff for my favorite veg dip, AND ice cream... oh well, today's another day, right?? Pyria, we're TRYING to be vegan...lol, lately it's been so hard, so we've allowed ourselves a little leeway, to be more vegetarian, have dairy here and there... we tried to force ourselves to go back recently, and it just caused even more of a binge, but I am cooking whole food vegan at home... no meat, dairy or egg, whole grains and beans, fresh tofu (yum!), and less processed foods... hubby had a sausage craving tho lately, so we'll probably buy some boca brats sometime soon. OK, starting over today, instead of letting it pull me into a weeklong slump :-)
Old 04-21-2002, 05:04 PM   #48  

Welcome, Jennelle! You're more than welcome here. Keep posting and let us get to know you. Let us know some of your 'tricks' to stay on plan and we'll share some of ours! How's that sound? Best of luck on WW. My plan is eating 1400 to 1600 cal/day, watch the fatgrams (30% or lower/day), drinking water, exercise (not enough...but I'm working on it), and prayer! A couple of my tricks are: 1. I do not deprive myself of anything...if I'm craving it, I work it into my calories...and give myself 1 day per week where I can go over cal and fat if I want. 2. journaling...personal and, most importantly, I record all my food everyday on www.fitday.com. So, come on in, we're glad to have you.

Pryia,
SURE...you can send me all the checks you want!!! It is a bargain hunter's dream, that's for sure! Of course, you should have eaten the brat! But, I must tell you...I was wondering if you were talking about your son when you said you 'had a brat for dinner'!! You have every right to be proud of yourself...I'm proud of you, too. Keep it up. And $26 on your food bill is great!

PNG,
Hey, a day off plan is not a problem!! And, you didn't let it throw you...as long as we just get right back into it, it can't hurt us that badly. As I told Jennelle (and anybody else who'll listen! ) that I give myself a 'free' day each week in which I can eat anything I want and go over cals and fat if I want. It really helps me to keep from bingeing, I think. I bought some tofu today. I'm going to do a stir-fry with it. I'm really anxious to try it. I also went to those veggie sites you recommended and saw some really yummy-sounding recipes. And, on fitday, I sometimes cheat and find something with approx. the same # of cal and fat as what I ate, and use that. Like when it's lasagna, or another kind of casserole with weird ingredients. I may list a separate ingredient if I think it makes a difference.

I had a good time last night. Man, is my friend a good bass player! I always know it, but, he blows me away sometimes! I did good at dinner, too. I had broiled red snapper, steamed veggies, and salad w/vinegrette dressing (I skimmed the oil off the top of the dressing) and drank water...all night. Now...let's talk about today!! After church, they had a dinner because we had a missionary there. Well, I'm a sucker for any casserole in the WORLD!! Well, needless to say...I think today will have to be my 'free' day!

I'm going to go and finish reading my e-mails. Everybody have a better OP day than I have had!

Love, Gayle
Old 04-21-2002, 06:55 PM   #49  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

well, I went to weigh myself, but the scales I use are STILL out of order, but I did price some scales for at home... I did a waist measurment today, I'm an inch down... forgot all my other measurements, and can't find where I wrote them down now, so I'm going to do a whole new set, maybe start up that measurements thread again...

Gayle, someone once told me to treat my body like a temple 5 days a week, and like a playground 2 days, but I still can't get past those *bad* foods and how much of them I eat, even when I'm supposed to be having a free day...lol I knew it was over last night as soon as I saw he had chips and dip, he hid the ice cream untoil later, and it was a killer...lol oooh, and by the way, I SO miss shopping at Gabes, we don't have anything like that here, BUT I have been looking into wholesale stuff, thinking maybe now that I have a little bit of extra money, I can stock up on some stuff and become a professional eBay seller I found all kinds of wholesale designer clothes and whatnot...

Pryia: none of my friends can believe how little I spend on groceries, we go shopping once every 2 weeks, and on weeks when I'm doing my bulk cooking, we spend about $80, and when I'm doing fills, buying the stuff like boca, and small things I need to make meals out of what I already have, like last shopping trip, I spend about $50 on food, and only that much because my daughter drinks Almond milk, which is $2 a quart...

Jenelle.... Welcome :-)
Old 04-21-2002, 08:26 PM   #50  
Losin It For GOOD!

It's Sunday... and the weekend is almost over. Major bummer. But only 2 more weeks and I'm on our Mini-Vacation!! Yippeeeeee!!!

The show last night went AWESOME!! It was perfect!! I was sooo psyched! Thanks for all the encouragement, I know it helped.

velvet- my hubby plays bass!! he's the best I know

Gotta run..... will post more tomorrow... but I'm definately much happier than I was friday night... life is better.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:17 PM   #51  

Well the weekends over but it was a good one.
Went to the drive-in with the hubby last night. If you ever get the chance to see Resident Evil DON'T. It was the strangest movie and it was grusome too. I sat there with my hands over my eyes most of the time. Panic Room was also playing and it wasn't too bad. I had to have some movie popcorn which wasn't low-carb but I did just have a small one and hubby helped with it.

Well got to go to bed.
Something start a new thread please. I get confused finding the end of this one.

Welcome Jenelle. You'll love it here.

Carol
Closed Thread