Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 11:31 PM   #31  
A princess in the making!

Default Day 11 done

This was not an easy day. My kid is driving me crazy. It is 10:30 and he is still up.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:12 AM   #32  

Happy Happy Happy Friday!

Well, I weighed this morning, and I am up 4 lbs. I really don't understand how it's possible, and I started to stress it, having the desire of taking the scale and chucking it out the window and hitting the skinny little chick who's wearing a half shirt and tiny shorts in her driveway, getting into the convertible her parents bought her. But I stopped myself..for some reason. lol

I've been doing really well, and I will not become a slave to the scale. I know I've been OP. I know I've been exercising like crazy and I and the bathroom know too well how much water I've been drinking. SO I must not have to prove it to the scale of how much I deserved a loss.

I will keep fighting.

Jen..How is the baby doing? You've been doing really well, am sure you'll have a loss.

JacobsMommy: I am rootin for you on Monday..I know you're going to get that keychain!

velvet..Happy you survived you're b-day week. Hope it was a nice one. I cannot believe what you're friend said. Some ppl are just rude and in denial. lol

BA..Wow. Talented lil woman you are! I want to be musical!! lol

Pryia..Did you survive the late night?

Have a great weekend everyone..
Old 04-19-2002, 12:58 PM   #33  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Beth Anne's No Good Horrible Very Bad Day

So it all starts last night at the OB/GYN... The waiting room was FULL of pregnant mommies... and I was just sooo jealous. I want a baby SO Badly. Then I have the exam (joy!) and an ultrasound to make sure my fibroids haven't grown back (they haven't) BUT they discover a small adhesion in my uterus which may make having a baby complicated... There's nothing they can do about it, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. So that was discouraging. Then I went home and dyed my hair, and it came out this horrific purpley color (not what I Was looking for!!!) THEN Greg ran a red light this morning, and didn't get a ticket, but I could have throttled him (if he gets another ticket, we won't be able to afford his car insurance anymore)... and so I am finished yelling at him after the gym, get in my car, start to slowly back up and WHAMMO some old guy runs into me. Even though he was going WAY too fast and not looking, I'm sure it will end up being my fault since he was "Travelling" through the parking lot, and I was backing out of my space. So I arrived at my office in tears, got my laptop, and now I'm sacked at my parents. I just could NOT face the world.

I have eaten 4 pieces of whole wheat toast and 2 cinnamon poptarts. (Gee I'm not a carb addict or anything...) I Wanted them badly, so I let myself have them. I have no idea where my parents are, but I'm enjoying the undivided attention of our two furry beasts (dogs) who are just loving on me like crazy... and I'm cross stitching. I will be at chat tonite.

Love you girlies.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:54 PM   #34  

Unhappy OOUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHH!!!

((((((((((Beth Anne)))))))))

Try to focus on the fact that you had such a GREAT wt loss last week. Fooey on the bad crap that happens to us everyday!!...but you poor kid!! What a totally horrible day!!...AND...it's only started!! Maybe you got all the bad things out of the way! At least you have the small fur people fawning all over you! Pets always make me feel better. I wish I could say something to make it all better...and, look at it this way, BA, purple hair is IN!!!
At the very least, are your feet feeling better...
I will put you on my prayer list inasfar as the pregnancy goes. I never had a strong desire to have a child...maybe because I could never have trusted either of the men I was involved with...just maybe!
And, you are a talented lady aren't you? I'm impressed. I 'know how' to play the trumpet, but haven't blown a note for over a year. I used to be quite capable, but I'm sooo rusty. I can also sing, but don't feel able to sing alone. I'm good in ensembles. Even a duet...if I don't have to sing lead!
What kind of band is your brother in? I was a 'soundman' and roadie for a rock band for several years...I had a ball.
Well, Beth Anne, I surely hope the rest of the day goes better for you! (What an inane statement!...but I mean it...does that count?)
Don't worry about the carbs today...just hop back on tomorrow. You may even be able to stay OP even though you had that slip.

Jenniffer,
I know exactly what you mean about the scale...I don't even own one! I live in a senior center (qualified by a back disability) and we have one down in the common area. I use it NO MORE than once a week. I don't even always do that since I'm in a 'fat club' here in my town and get weighed in each Monday. Don't let that little throw you. You've done a great job and will continue to do so. Maybe you could spark yourself by a small change in your workout or eating habits. Just hang in there...you'll be back on track soon.

Pryia,
Have fun on your date...just be yourself...if he doesn't like it...TOUGH!! Too bad for him! Hope the kid finally settled down! And congrats for being so faithful to your plan! That is such a great accomplishment. Keep at it. I'm also one of those anomalies who doesn't crave chocolate or sweets...not that I don't LOVE them when I eat them! I thank God for keeping at least that vice out of my life!

Jen,
I was just wondering if your scale at home has an adjustment on it where you can set it to match the WW scales. That way you'll have a much better idea of what you'll see at meeting. I don't even care about the scales...I'm just so tickled that my clothes are falling off of me! (literally...see below!) Best of luck at weigh-in. You will do fine, I'm sure.

Sandi,
You're going to get that keychain very soon...I can feel it in my bones!...no, wait, that's the cold front moving in...sorry! No, really, I know you'll get it soon. You're doing an excellent job!

Tamara,
I hope you and the baby are feeling better these days. Congrats on the 1.5 lbs. That's great.

Well, girls, I wasn't kidding about the clothes falling off. The other day I was wearing one of the skirts that fit last fall and it fell down aroung my ankles...OUTSIDE!!! I didn't look to see if anyone was looking! At least I was still in my parking lot and could come back into the apt and change! I've also gone from a 32W pants to a comfortable 26 and, if I'm lucky, a (roomy) 24! I'm thrilled to death!

Mom and I are having chicken breasts, baked potatoes/fatfree so cr, and cauliflower. It'll not be the most beautiful plate of food with all that white food, but it'll be delicious and OP! I had oatmeal and coffee for b-fast, and some leftover eggplant for lunch, soooo...good day so far! The water is better yesterday and today, too. Now, if I could make myself do a set of Greer Childers' BodyFlex, I'd have it made.... PNG, are you going to come back to OH and be my personal trainer?...I live in Salem...only 30-45 min from Warren...

Well, I'm going to close for now, I'll be reading, hoping, praying and all that, so stay OP, girls!

Love, Gayle
Old 04-19-2002, 07:18 PM   #35  

Hi all it's a wonderful Friday, for the first time in weeks I DON'T HAVE TO WORK SATURDAY yeah for me. I am doing really good on my low carb. No sweet cravings all week.

Galye I got my Greer Childers tapes last week and I think I'm getting the hang of them. I do them when no ones around though. I don't think I want anyone to see me sucking in air and then pushing it out like we do it. LOL

Beth Anne I'm sorry you've had such a bad day. When it rains it pours. When I have a bad day I sit down and write down all the things I have to be thankful for and it really helps. I didn't know you were such a talented lady. Good for you. You may have to start a "Chick" band and take your show on the road!

Hope all you other gals have a great evening. I'm going to try really hard to make chat tonight.

Carol
Old 04-19-2002, 07:37 PM   #36  

Carol,

I..N..H..A..L..E...... PAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH..... SUCK IN THAT TUMMY.... COUNT TO 8... SUCK AIR!!!!... (pant, pant, pant...)

Nope, I don't do it if anyone's around either!

SATURDAY OFF!!!
Good for you...whatcha gonna do all day?

I'm so glad you've found the right plan for you. That's half the battle, isn't it? I also notice that you are really close to the 200's!! Big Wa-Hoo to you!!!

Enjoy your Saturday.

Love, Gayle
Old 04-19-2002, 11:13 PM   #37  

Thanks Gayle. I'm going to work outside in the yard IF it doesn't rain. I'm going to feel real good if the scale says at least 299 when I get back on it. I try not to get on it but about once every 2 weeks. I need to take my measurements for the bodyflex chart.

You got it exactly right PPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH lol
I can't roll my stomach up yet, there's just tooo much of it, but I'm working on it.

Carol
Old 04-19-2002, 11:46 PM   #38  

Well, Carol...

My outside tummy doesn't roll up, but my stomach does!

Oh, Carol, I have no doubt that the scale will go under 300 at your weigh-in! I haven't taken my measurements at all yet, can you believe that? I just never get around to it...I'm probably subconciously afraid to! I lost 52 lbs 2 yrs ago...good, huh? But the next chapter is that I gained 82!!!! That's how I spent last year...in a love affair with food! It didn't treat me any better than the 2 guys I've had in my life!

But, as I said to PNG tonight, "I'm, as they say, 'in the zone'"! I've also got a best friend who lost 100 lb when I lost the 52, and she's now struggling...so, Gayle to the rescue! No, really, we are lucky to have each other. It makes all the difference! I'm blessed.

Well, I've got to go to bed...my eyes are drooping!

Good night,

Gayle
Old 04-20-2002, 12:00 PM   #39  

Default Hello and Happy Saturday!

Well I had a great time last night. He is really nice and cute. Plus such great manners!

I did not stay OP yesterday. But I had 11 days. And I am back OP today.

My kid is driving me crazy. He was up way to late last night. And I get to pay for it today. But I am not putting up with his crap. I know that it sounds so mean, but he has put me through so much in the last year. That I am pretty much on my last straw. It is only a matter of time. I wanted to go to the mall and get some new clothes. He would not get dressed. And then he thinks I am going to take him to practice. I think not!

BA: sorry for the bad day. I hate days like that. I think Purple hair is cool. I love the color purple.

Sorry everyone I will be better at replying next week.
Old 04-20-2002, 04:10 PM   #40  

Pryia glad your date went so good. How old is your son?

Gayle I agree my outside won't roll up but my stomach will. LOL

Beth Anne good luck with your talent show tonight.

PNG 2 glad you got your male friend to post at last.

Enjoyed chat last night, wished I could have gotten on earlier and stayed later.

My days been just great. Finally got a Saturday off. Went to a wonderful garden center about 25 miles from home to get fish food and stuff for my water garden. Husband locked keys in car. He had a spare door key in his wallet. HE ALSO LOCKED HIS WALLET IN THE CAR. Had to wait nearly an hour and pay $35 to get it unlocked. Power windows and door locks so none of the unconventional coathanger tricks worked. Oh well at least we got to spend quality time together!

Carol
Old 04-20-2002, 05:11 PM   #41  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Oy what a time some of us have been having for the last few days, huh? I have so not been posting to this thread very well lately, lol, once the threads get too long, it just seems like it would take forever to do it all

Carol, would you believe I hadn't even noticed that Steven had posted?? lol, I had to do a search, knew he popped into chat for a min last night, but didn't know he finally hit the boards...

I wonder how many guys we have lurking about here? Maybe one of them should start a 3FC for men's club thread, get em all going... hubby is registered, (Not A Fat Chick) but he hasn't posted in QUITE a while...

Well today, I got myself, and Steven set up at fitday.com, I used to use it a while ago, but when we went veg, I thought I wouldn't need it anymore...what a laugh..LOL anyway, I made my journal public, if anyone is interested in my daily food intake and stuff like that, it keeps track of your workouts, you can set goals, and it graphs everything you do... it's kinda neat

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=Sinomynn
Old 04-20-2002, 06:07 PM   #42  

Talking SHOPPING

BA, are your feet feeling any better today? OOOOO...that sounded sore! Sure hope you're 'hopping' soon. Good luck tonight! La La La La La........

Hey, Carol! Quality time with the 'ole hubby, eh? Well, good for you! You guys with your problems these days are making me paranoid to go out my door!! (Maybe I had mine the other day when my skirt fell off!!!)

Pryia, I'm so glad you had a good time last night! That is so cool. I think I might even like a date someday! ...and manners??...WOW!

PNG, I use fitday, too. It takes a little time, but it's well worth it to me. I checked out your entry. You are going to get me motivated to get on the exercise bandwagon yet!! You're a true inspiration! Thank you.

I've been shopping today. Mom needed to get out for a while, so I told her to pick something to do. Well...like I didn't know where she would choose!! We have an outlet store in our area called Gabriel Brothers. They sell returns and stuff like that, so you have to really look things over...but that's half the fun!! I got 1 dress, 2 nighties, 1 pr khakis, 1 really cute plum tank with a surplice bust line...if you know what that is!( it crosses over in the front), and 4 pullover tops (black, lavender, white, off-white) for 20...count them...20 dollars!! Many of them were only $1! I'm psyched! One of the tops is 1 size too small and 1 is 2 sizes too small...intentionally.

Tonight, I'm going to go to hear my bass player friend's band. They are excellent. Rock band with 3 other guys and a chick singer with a Janis Joplin-like voice. Boy, can she sing!! So, I hope to get in a few minutes of dancing...*ouch*!

Oh, and by the way, Mom and I DID NOT eat out today!!...mainly because Kev is playing at a Steakhouse, and his wife and I are going to eat before the gig.

I had a great time last night in chat. I'll get the hang of it one of these days...I'm still kinda slow on the keyboard...among other things! Carol, when everybody left, I didn't even realize you were still in there til you signed off 'cause I didn't know enough to look at the list!!...told you I'm slow at this!!

Where is everyone today? Sandi, are you finished laughing about my skirt thing?!

Well, I'm going to go and get some beauty sleep before my social engagement this e'en!

Love, Gayle
Old 04-20-2002, 08:25 PM   #43  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Gayle, I remembered you saying you used an online journal, but didn't know which one, thanks for reminding me about those tho, that's the reason I looked it up today the thing I hate about it is going through and finding EVERY ingredient for the meals I make, tonight it was a mexican casserole... and they didn't have the veggie mix I used, so I had to find every little ingredient...lol but for exercise logging and tracking progress, it's great... I'm going to be over my cals for today, I have em set at over 1600 minimum, and 2000 max, up to 19something already, and hubby just left with that grin on his face that means he's bringing something good home...lol, BUT, I will restrict myself to one serving or under, of whatever it is
Old 04-20-2002, 11:43 PM   #44  

Default Good Evening!!

Well the girl here did it!! Day 1 OP is done and over. And it was a good day. I even had 1 brat for dinner. I decided to grill out and was going to not have one. But I said----- STOP WW says I can have what I want IF it fits in my point range for the day. And it did so I had 1 not 2 like I know I can. And I am satisfied. Just so proud of the girl here!

PNG- So what did hubby bring home? Man I am nosy. I know vegan is vegetarian but could you tell me which one. My friend in a vegetarian. So I keep boca products around in case she is over and is hungry or her baby is.

Velvet- Can I send you a check and you can shop for me the next time you get to that store. And I was happy I saved 26 dollars on my grocery bill today. I did stock us up though. It had better last awhile.

My son is 10 and in the 5th grade. He was all crabby this am, because of something going on at school. But I will be taking care of that on Monday.

I know there is more to say but I can't stay up any longer.

Old 04-21-2002, 01:14 AM   #45  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies,

I hope you will let me join you, even if I'm a little short of being a "100 lb-er" (I have, as of yesterday, 92.5 lbs to lose.) I am also on WW, like it seems most of you are. My weigh in days are Saturdays.

Jennelle
242.5/232.5/1140
Closed Thread