Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of October 6-12.

Hi folks...do you need a place to put down your daily plans or menu? Is accountability helpful for you? Or..would you like a little bit of extra support? If so...please post here!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 AM   #2  

Hi Chicks! Yesterday was a good, healthy, sane food day - I am so grateful. It felt good to eat a planned healthy day after the 'uncertainty' of being on vacation and the array of food choices. I like being back in my own 'food world'. Also...I did alot of meditation and guided imagery and I feel very grounded.

Today I am taking it easy and resting my foot. I'll do some work in my office, too. Today I see the foot doc.

stretches
ice/heat
meditation
log food
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - cereal, milk, raisins, boca bacon
lunch - black beans, cheese, salsa, green beans
snack - pear, cheese
dinner - turkey smoked sausage, garlic toast, mushrooms
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, 1/2 banana, milk

Hey...where's Schmoodle - is she out of town?

MJ - It's so nice that you live near a wildlife refuge. Seeing eagles as you 'neighbor' is a special privilege - I've seen a few and am always excited to see that beautiful bird. Sorry the party was so hard - it's tough to stay on plan when you get that hungry. It's just one evening and you're doing so well. Hop back on your plan. Sometimes life happens....food happens...and we carry on. I hope your ortho can help your knee. Sorry the shot didn't help as much as before.

Ginger - it's so nice to have some time with the little ones away. You've been denied health insurance???? Is this for everything or one thing? This is awful. Sorry to hear it.

I hope everyone has a good on plan day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-06-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! The countdown to vacation is officially on!!!! We don't have any big plans...we have to do a little outside painting (sounds like fun, huh?) and I have been saving a little bit of $ to do some shopping--there is a HUGE mall near my sister's house w/ a great JC Penny and Sears, so I want to go there to see what kind of bargains I can find. But first, I am going to finish going through my side of the closet and pulling out stuff that is too big or that I just don't wear anymore. I'd like to do that over the weekend, so it is done....then there is some room for some new stuff--but not to much, I'm not going to go out of control!

Ginger--Wow, some time to yourself w/ dh. How nice! I bet the kids had a great time at grandmas! Oh no, that really stinks about the health insurance!!!! If you need to vent, go for it! You are right, information is great, but now I have SO many questions.....oh well, at least I know what to ask now.

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for getting us started! I almost posted in last week's thread again! Great job yesterday!!!! Let us know how it goes at the foot doc. I know Schmoodle talked about taking a vacation, but I honestly don't remember when she said they were going. She also mentioned some drama on another board which kept her away for a couple days. I really hope she is on vacation...I think they were going to Disney, but like I said, I can't remember when the trip was planned for.

I think resting my knee yesterday was a good choice. It feels better today, of course now it has me thinking do I REALLY need surgery now???? Oh the mind games!! At any rate, I need to see what it feels like after some 'normal' use before I start thinking like that!

I maintained this week, which is fine. My exercise was pretty limited (ortho's orders) and eating was so-so. Time to get back to business, though.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by mj5; 10-06-2008 at 06:53 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:20 AM   #4  

Hi Chicks...I had a good on plan day yesterday - I am grateful. That will help to take off the few pounds I put on while on vacation. I'll give myself a couple of weeks - if the vacation weight doesn't come off by then, I'll update my ticker.

Today:

taking mom to doctor today
making flyers for storytellers venues this fall
office work

The foot doctor told me to rest it as much as I can...so that's what I'll do. Nothing too new. He taped it and that always helps.

ice/heat
log food
lots of water
stretches
meditation
Positive Mental Attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
snack - strawberries
lunch - open face turkey breast and cheese, veggies and dip
snack - yogurt & cereal
dinner - 12 grain pancake with sf syrup, boca bacon, sliced tomatoes
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, milk

MJ- when does your vacation begin? Sounds like you've got lots planned! I am glad resting your knee helped. It's so, so hard to think about surgery - especially when you're having a 'good day'.

I think Schmoodle is at Disney???

Everyone have a great day.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

I'm still in training for my job and it is going well. I'm enjoying the change of pace and learning something new. And, for the first time in a while, I feel like I have a handle on this weight loss plan. The weight is coming off again and I'm starting to see some changes in my body. Yesterday was my official weigh-in day and I passed the 224 point. 224 has been my buffer number for quite a while an I'm very happy to say good-bye to it! Now, I just need to move farther and farther away to get a little more comfortable.

MJ and Beverly - I'm so sorry that both of you are dealing with pain issues. I hope the pain eases up for you guys.

Today, I'll be wogging on the treadmill for an hour and hitting the fitness center for some weight training.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #6  
mj5

Good Morning! Yesterday was on-plan day #2 in a row. I am going for #3 today! I am going to the gym today--arms/shoulders and cardio is the plan.

Beverlyjoy--Yea for an OP day! Hope your foot continues to feel better. My vacation begins Friday at 4pm. I can't wait!!! It is hard to think about surgery, but today is not so good...of course I worked out yesterday. I need to give it at least a week before I even consider calling my drs office.....

Rhonda--I am really happy for you! Things are going great! Keep up the hard work!

As I said to Beverlyjoy, today is not so good for my knee, but I worked out yesterday, so it's hard to say it if it just from my workout, or if it is really a 'bad day'. I need to stop thinking about the surgery so much, but it's hard! I am going to wait at least a week and see how it is feeling before I even consider calling the drs office. I don't want to make any rash decisions about putting the brakes on the surgery because I have a lot to consider--w/ the amount of time it will take to get the approval, should I just keep going forward? If I wait too long, what am I doing to my 'good knee'? Things like that. Plus, like I said, I absolutely trust my ortho and if he says it's time, then it's time. He is not one to jump right to surgery--which is one of the reasons I like him so much. Ughhhh....like I said, I need to stop thinking about this!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

October 7

B- 1 slice of sprouted grain bread (multigrain) with 1 T pb and a banana
s- 2 slices cheese, 2 wasa rye bread and a yogurt
L- black bean soup and spinach salad with mandarin orange dressing
s- white cheddar rice cake and apple
D- medium baked boneless skinless chicken breast, baked potato with salsa and cup of steamed brocolli
s- 100 cal bag of smart popcorn, peach fruit cup
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:38 AM   #8  

Hi Chicks....I stayed on my plan yesterday - I am grateful.

Today I have to take my mom to another doctor's appointment. After that - I'll have 5 full days to 'rest' my foot before I need to get back to much more moving around.

Today:

log food
meditation
lots of water
streches
ice/heat
Positive Mental Attitude

breakfast - cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - black beans with cheese and salsa, garlic toast, green beans
snack - strawberries, yogurt
dinner -salmon steak, ww egg noodles with parm cheese, asparagus
snack - apple with peanut butter

Cfmama - good plan!

Mj - hooray for day 3!!!! Gosh, I am hoping that your knee calms down, friend. It's hard when the pieces and parts are aching.

Rhonda - so exciting that your new job is going well and is a good kind of challenge. Congrats on getting below 224!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #9  
mj5

Hi everyone! I have been super busy today...I think it is finally sinking in that I am off next week and everyone wants "just one little thing".....oh well, I can only do what I can do!

Yesterday was day 3 op and I am determined to make today day 4! We are celebrating two bdays at our staff meeting this afternoon, but I am eating my nice healthy lunch before I go, so the cake will not even look tempting.

I did my planned workout at the gym last night. They are totally re-doing the free weight area. It is going to be awesome once they are done, but it's a mess right now. Tonight is legs/back and cardio.

Beverlyjoy--Keep up the great work! So glad you can rest your foot after today. You are right...everything is harder when our pieces and parts are sore!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

for the record I LOVE this... it totally helps to keep me accountable

October 8
B- sprouted wheat toast with T pb and a banana
s- white cheddar rice cake and apple
L- 2 wasa bread with cheese and salsa and a 1/2 cup corn
s- cup-a-soup (chicken noodle) and yoghurt
D- mandarin orange meatballs (6) with sticky rice and steamed carrots. (so good)
s- 100 cal smart popcorn and fruit cup (I love fruit cups... apple peach is my fave)
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi ladies,

Okay, so I've ranted on my blog about being denied health insurance and I'm just so over it I can't mentally bring myself back there. If you want to read more about where I am with that, then visit my site.

CFmama, I totally enjoy your posts and now I want the mandarin orange meatballs recipe......that sounds totally yummy.

Mj and beverly, things are harder when you are sore. While I fortunately do not have any injuries I hurt so badly from Mondays workout (cardio, chest, shoulders, abs) that I could barely walk up the stairs that night, or the next day. I skipped my usual tuesday morning workout which was a little dumb because I could have just gone and done a light walk on the treadmill. Anyhow, I rested instead and I feel good today, so tonight I'm off to the gym to really hit it hard again.

Rhonda, glad you got past that 224 mark. Sometimes it just feels good to see a different number.

Hope you are all doing great today. Loved biggest loser last night, but I'm looking forward to tonights to see what happened!!

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #12  
mj5

Hi again! I am about to make our grocery list, but wanted to pop in here first.

cfmama--I'm glad...you are giving me some good ideas, too!

ginger--sometimes a rest day is just what the body needs. Hope you were able to get in a good workout tonight.

I did my planned workout again today...YEA! We'll see how my knee feels tomorrow...it's not very happy w/ me right now. I need to go get my ice pack.

Ok, I really need to finish the grocery list. I want to try and get as much as I can from the farmers market too--try to save some $ while I can!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey, just a quick note. I hit the gym. Hard. I left right after serving dinner at home around 5m. DH watched the kids, and put them to bed. Boy was I ever full of tons of angry energy-which I promptly took out on the machines. The anger gone now. Now it's late evening and I still can't get my butt up the stairs. ugh!

Soreness, go away!
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #14  

Hi Chicks....Yesterday I stayed on my plan - I am grateful. That's four days in a row. I've already seen a pound of my vacation weight come off. However, I'll stay off the scale until next week because I can become obsessed with the scale. (that's me)

I have 6 days to rest my pieces and part (mostly foot). Next Wed. I have two programs. I am going to do what I need to do to be ready.

office work
ice/heat/rest my pieces and parts
stretches
log food
meditation
lots of water

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast
snack - latte (35 calories)
lunch - open face turkey and 2% cheese, asparagus
snack - apple and pnb
dinner - 'grilled' cheese and tomato soup, red pepper strips
snack - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana

Ginger - I read your blog about the insurance denial. I am flabbergasted. This is wrong. I can see denying life insurance...but, not health insurance. I am sorry this happened. But, you are heading in the right direction with working out and eating well. You CAN do this, friend.

MJ - I sure hope your knee isn't too sore today. Good thoughts on hitting the farm market before it's closed for the season. Isn't it funny - it takes so much work at work just to get some time off from work. Great job on all your OP days.

cfmama - your plan looks good. And, I agree...it helps me to put my plan down everyday. Those mandarin orange meet balls sound good. If you have a minute, please share that recipe.

Shout out to Rhonda, Schmoodle (hope you're back soon!), Lyn and anyone else that stops by.

Have a great day....remember to treat yourself as well as you'd treat your children or a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-09-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Looks like it's my turn to have a touch of the blah's. I got on the treadmill yesterday with the intention of walking for a really good intense 30 minutes. Instead, I ended up limping along for a very slow and uninspiring 30 minutes. I've pulled or strained my left calf. It's very tender today, so I don't know if I'll be able to do my wogging today. I don't want to play around anymore. I want this weight off, but I keep having to fight this body. I finally found my committment, but my scales are up a pound. I've been eating on-plan. This is so frustrating
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote