3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

OCTOBER NSV's

Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #16
BELIEVE!

Great Job Everyone! I love it!

Altari...it all counts!

When I was picking up my boys at daycare today the director stopped to tell me that my weight loss is really starting to be noticeable! I'm also noticing my collar bones more than I have in a long time!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #17
Maintaining almost 1 yr!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'9"

^ LOL how funny, I just commented on the exact same thing on another thread! I never even knew that I had collarbones... Hehe.

My latest NSV is that I wanted to wear one of my favorite shirts to class the other day, but when I put it on I realized that it's definitely too loose on me now! I'm not exactly swimming in it, but I was shocked at how big it was on me--this is a shirt that I used to avoid wearing because it was too tight (waaay back in the day)!!
Mini-goal #1: 243 REACHED 8/11/08! Mini-goal #2: 223 REACHED 9/29/08! Mini-goal #3: 199 REACHED 11/14/08!
Mini-goal #4: 183 REACHED 1/15/09! Mini-goal #5: 163 REACHED 4/26/09!

*GOAL REACHED* - June 17, 2009 - 150 lbs!
Mini-Goal #5 Progress Pics! (-100 lbs!) <-- Updated 4/26/09!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #18
Maintaining almost 1 yr!

LOL I feel so vain, posting two in a row, but I had another really good one today! When I was at work today, I walked into the breakroom to find that someone had left a big box of donuts for everyone to eat... OMG. What the crap is with everyone trying to make me eat donuts lately?! Lol first my parents kept buying boxes of donuts before I left for school, and now this! They looked sooo good, too--cream-filled, chocolate-covered, EVERYTHING delicious. BUT I didn't have one!! I took a few generous sniffs (LOL) but it was like, I barely even gave it a second thought... I knew I wasn't going to have one. That made me feel very powerful! Then later one of my friends bought one of my favorite kind of candy bars and kept offering me half, and I was pretty close to caving "because one little bite won't hurt" (and really, it probably wouldn't've, but I DIDN'T NEED IT)... But I didn't! Yea!

Finally, when I was at lunch today at my school dining hall, one of the cashiers actually complimented me on my weight loss! She was like, "Girl, you look so good!" and I thought she was complimenting my outfit or something so I was kinda confused LOL but then she said "Have you been working out or what? You've lost a lot of weight!" I was so flattered that even though she probably sees hundreds of students every day, she actually noticed. Though it was a little embarrassing for all the people behind me in line to hear, hehe.

Ahhh, nothing brightens my day like a good NSV! This has got to be one of my favorite 3FC threads!
Mini-goal #1: 243 REACHED 8/11/08! Mini-goal #2: 223 REACHED 9/29/08! Mini-goal #3: 199 REACHED 11/14/08!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #19

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I had to dig and search to find this thread! What gives?

Let's hear some more NSV's!

Mine is: I rode my bike 3x this week (so far) and strength trained yesterday! I am finally getting my groove on again.
www.escapefromobesity.net
*Never Give Up!*
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #20
BELIEVE!

I just got a new haircut and color. I feel like a new person. The last time I saw my hairdresser I had 45 extra pounds on me. She was so excited to see less of me. Also, pants that were my favorites are now tooooo big!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #21

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I tried on a size 14 pants the other week...and they actually fit!! I haven't worn a 14 since high school...like sophomore year of high school. YAY!

“Always behave like a duck — keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.” –Jacob Braude
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #22

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Height: 5'5"

Today I'm wearing a really cool pair of denim capris for the first time in almost two years!!! I kept them around because I loved them so much and was thinking that "someday" I could fit into them again. Well, "someday" is TODAY!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #23
BELIEVE!

Great job everyone!!

I just had an awesome moment in my closet. I started going through old pants....you know the ones that haven't been worn in years and have the layer of dust on the hanger. Well, I had to put several pair in the "to donate" pile, found several that now fit that haven't fit in years, and found a few more that are my next goal!!!! My biggest moment was slipping on my "cruise pants". These are a cute pair of red capris that I bought years about before when we went on a cruise. They were too tight when I bought them, but they were my goal for the ship. I wore them on that vacation! After that vacation my life got a little out of control and those pants no longer fit....UNTIL TODAY!!!! I slipped them on comfortably!!! Now I'm ready for another cruise.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #24
Maintaining almost 1 yr!

Ahh, I'm glad to see someone else finally posted on this thread LOL. I kept wanting to, but didn't want to hijack this thread to be used exclusively for my personal celebrations!

Congrats to everyone on your NSVs!! foxxy511, I'm hoping to be a size 14 very soon (if I'm not already--I haven't tried on anything new in a while). Hopefully I'll be celebrating with you soon!

As most of my NSVs seem to be, I had an amazing resistance-to-temptation NSV yesterday! I think I'm just more proud of these NSVs than any other kind because I love knowing that I have awesome willpower, hehe. Anyways, I had to go to an officer's meeting for one of the clubs I'm in at school. It was a pretty low-key affair at one of my friend's apartments, and she decided to make a little "tea party" out of it... Now tea is okay, but she had made Funfetti cupcakes (complete with a big tub of chocolate frosting for us to ice them ourselves!) and had gone to a bakery and gotten these HUGE (like 5" in diameter), delicious-looking cookies... Man, I just wanted to dig into that stuff sooo badly! Lol. It's been a really long time since I've had anything dessert-y! And everyone else at the meeting was indulging, so I'm not gonna lie, I came pretty close to having a little bit. But I was like, no, I'm gonna regret this, so I didn't do it and I ate my pre-approved snack (fruit leather, hehe) instead! Yea!

Old 10-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #25

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Meredith, I'm having the same resistance-to-temptation NSV's as you!

Tonight, I went out with my friend and her boyfriend for some drinks/appetizers. I just had one amaretto sour and then drank water the rest of the night. AND I didn't TOUCH the plate of appetizers that was filled with yummy things like mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, and potato skins. I knew I would regret having it, so I didn't have it!

And Meredith, you'll be in 14's in no time, if you're not already!!

“Always behave like a duck — keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.” –Jacob Braude
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:47 AM   #26

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrat's everyone on the great NSV's! It's really encouraging to read these!
I had a customer come into my shop today who hasn't been in for quite some time and she looked at me kind of funny and asked "have you done something different? You look different" and I said "yes, I've lost quite a bit of weight". She said "I thought so, but then I thought maybe I was in the wrong shop or something because you look so different." I think she was afraid to ask if I'd lost weight, but she was really nice about it. She said her husband has diabetes in his family too, and that motivated him to go to weight watchers and lose a lot of weight. She was really sweet about it and it made me feel great!

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins... Not through strength, but through Persistence.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:14 AM   #27
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

the other day i wore a skirt and some make up because i had an interview - I got 3 compliments on my outfit and one on my make up! wow. and someone asked if i had lipstick on and said i had nice lips so they couldn't ever really tell if i was wearing make up or not.

stupid work brought in 3 sheet cakes from Costco AND cookies - i had a small piece of cake and only took a couple bites & tossed the rest out. this is not something that would usually happen and i left the cookies where they were!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:28 AM   #28
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I fit size L in most stores. its craziness! yay me

I can't be perfect but I CAN persevere

valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #29

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday was "big PMS day" but I did not have ANY salty stuff or sugary stuff or white carby stuff. I allowed myself a bowl of kashi flax almond honey cereal with almond milk, some whole grain and flax cranberry walnut bread I made (lowfat, reduced sugar) and a package of kashi pumpkin spice flax granola bars. I think this fed the PMS monster very well while not giving me cravings or setting me off.
www.escapefromobesity.net
*Never Give Up!*
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #30

S/C/G: 160 pounds

Height: 5ft5inches

Hello everyone.

I am currently 160 lbs, any ideas how do I shed atleast 30 pounds. Please. My target by December this year is 130 pounds. Advise
Huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.