3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Time for a change (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/152840-time-change.html)

YogaGal08 09-30-2008 01:42 PM

Time for a change

Hi everyone

I know that the username is new but I've been around here for a while. I wanted to re-introduce myself! So here's my deal, I started with 3fc in 2006, I lost close to 50lbs and now have been going through some tough times (no excuse I know) but the result has been that I've gained it all back save 5lbs. There have been some incredible stresses going on in my life, but this morning I woke up and decided to just start fresh. New name here, new start on fitday, new goals. A total clean slate. I was starting to hide behind all of the baggage I've been holding on to and making excuses and I just felt like I couldn't come out from under that thumb. I am right now at 235 and I'm making an ultimate overall goal of 135. 100lbs even. To start with my first 'mini goal' is to lose 10lbs by Halloween.

As far as my plan, I log on fitday, count calories, I'm avoiding refined sugars and processed food as much as possible. My ultimate goal is to eat healthy food that I enjoy in reasonable amounts so that this isn't a 'diet' but a 'new maintainable lifestyle' I'm also cutting alcohol for the most part out of my diet, and am actively going to quit smoking. I know it's a lot to do at once, but I'm an all or nothing gal...and judging by the whole lot of nothing I've been doing for a while now it's time for a whole lot of something! I'm going to just take it day by day, knowing that the first couple of weeks are the hardest. Today I will not eat any chocolate in my office, I will not smoke, I will drink lots of water and tea instead of water and wine and I'll go to the gym (slowly re-building up an exercise routine).

I've done nothing but be off track and be very unhealthy in my day to day life with everything for months now...bad food, no control, no real exercise, alcohol in excess, smoking etc and I've started to lie to myself about it and make excuses about it so that is the real reason for the fresh start everywhere. No baggage, no excuses, clean slate, fresh motivation. I really just don't want to feel fat, depressed, self conscious, exhausted and embarrassed and I remember how good it felt when I was losing and sleeping and feeling healthy and I want that back.

I'm sure some of you will figure out who I am, especially the folks that I've been posting with under my other handle for a couple of years. I'll certainly confirm for you if you want to know, but please ask in a PM. Don't worry, I'm going to deactivate my other account and name and there will be no more posts from there. I just feel like there was so much mentally that I have been holding onto for so long that has ultimately road blocked me from truly succeeding. I need to close a chapter and release all my baggage in order to move forward with my life. Cheers to a new chapter!

Lovely 09-30-2008 01:48 PM

Well, welcome back! And here's to a clean slate & a beautiful new start :hat:

deanna125 09-30-2008 01:57 PM

Way to go! As someone newly "back on the wagon", I hope you find as I did that the first day was the hardest and after that I felt so much better physically that is has become almost as easy as it was when I was in the first 30 pounds of loss. I seem to have regained that mental place where momentum is helping to carry you on.

I think thinking about restarting was way harder and more stressful than actually restarting has been.

Good luck! You can do it.

PhotoChick 09-30-2008 01:58 PM

I'm a big believer in being able to start fresh without baggage. Sometimes that's the best possible thing.

So, no excuses, no past history holding you back ... WELCOME. :)

ChocLabLover 09-30-2008 02:19 PM

Welcome back! I have just returned to the board after a long absence as well!

nelie 09-30-2008 02:31 PM

Yoga,

I'm 99% sure I know who you are and I'm glad you have decided on a fresh start rather than giving up :) We are here for you and you can do it. We all have our issues and all have to figure out how to deal with them. Good luck to you :)

YogaGal08 09-30-2008 02:58 PM

:)
Thanks ladies. Today is definitely the hardest it will be that is for sure. I'm down to taking it minute by minute instead of day by day! But I still haven't smoked, I'm on plan, no office chocolate. I've got a bit of a headache and I'm feeling what I like to think is 'false hunger' ... as in I feel hungry because I've been way overeating and am used to sitting at my desk eating chocolate all afternoon or downing a bag of pretzels....all this will pass and for now I'll wait for my 3pm snack my 5:45 light string cheese before the gym and my post gym healthy dinner. No highway option! I'm going to start slow at the gym, if I had the option I'd go to Yoga, however I just can't afford a class card right now, and my gym membership is there, paid for an not being used so I need to suck it up and go and keep up with my meditation and practice at home until I can afford to go back to class.
Thanks for welcoming me back :) I wasn't accomplishing anything anymore and went back on everything I was 'never gonna do again' but really, it's never too late to try again. Clean slate was the only way.

nelie 09-30-2008 03:03 PM

There are hard days and there are less hard days but I'm not so sure there are easy days. I've had days where I watch the clock, waiting until my next meal/snack. Today seems to be a less hard day for me because I was waiting for 1pm for my snack and all of a sudden I realized it was 2pm and I was late.

The first few days of getting back on track though are definitely one of the more hard days.

Sandi 09-30-2008 03:29 PM

:hug: so glad to see you back!!! Great idea with the clean slate!!!

We're here for you all the way!

Lyn2007 09-30-2008 04:35 PM

Welcome back, and congrats on the fresh start!

fiberlover 09-30-2008 05:33 PM

Welcome back!
The great thing about life is that there is always another day and chance to start fresh :)

purpleorc 09-30-2008 06:21 PM

:welcome2: back to 3fc wiping the slate clean is good and having a fresh start is a good idea.

The important thing is that you are recommitted to losing weight and become healthy. :goodluck: with losing weight and quitting smoking. Heres to your first 10lbs by Halloween you can do it.

djay 09-30-2008 06:22 PM

Welcome...It is a new day...Yesterday is gone...As of this moment you are a non-smoker and you live and eat healthy. If you can do it for this moment you can do it the next...Keep living in the moment...

bunny43 09-30-2008 07:09 PM

Congratulations! I've always believed change is good and it sure sounds like you have a lot of positive changes coming your way.

Best of luck!

gail

YogaGal08 09-30-2008 08:42 PM

Well, today was a good day. I didn't make it to the gym, but I didn't smoke, I didn't have any evening drinks and I didn't eat off plan at all. Not one bit of office chocolate, cabinet munching while I made dinner, no easy out pasta it was all good.

I need to sleep, it's been very restless trying to sleep for all of us for a while now so I'm going to just finish up watching the biggest loser and try to hit the hay. I might take a melatonin to help. If I can get to bed early enough, then tomorrow I can try to get up and work on the habit of just getting up an hour earlier and getting to the gym first thing and getting it over with. That way I'm not trying to schedule my evenings and balance that with yoga when I'm able to afford it or all the stupid evening events I've always got to do.
One day down, ready for tomorrow.