My scale finally moved!!!

• I have been in a rut for the month of September! I have not gained any weight but I've been a real slacker so the scale has not moved much. I've stayed on plan BUT I have been taking little tastes of this and that here and there. So I have stayed between 173 and 175 and it's been frustrating! It's my fault though...not a plateau...just me being bored with dieting! I'm over it and got back on track Monday and the scale finally moved to 171 which leaves me with a 70 pound loss!! I feel better already!! Anyone else get the ho-hums and stay on track but not religiously? I've been at this for 6 months now and I guess I got to the place where the honeymoon is over! *lol* At least I know I can maintain right? hahaha It's funny though because once you know the feeling of weight loss and have been trained to eat right....it's hard to really go off the deep end. My cheating this month was not going fast food crazy or eating 100 ww points a day....it was having an extra 100 calorie pack or the tiniest bag of chips I could find! *lol* The conscience is a funny thing! I feel like a little diet fairy is always on my shoulder shaking it's finger at me!
  • Congrats on the loss! It all about nevering giving up and you didn't and it paid off! WTG!!!
  • Wendy congrats on the scale moving down again. Sometimes you need to take a break, but glad to hear you are back on track and headed in the downward direction again.

• LOL I think I went to bed way to late lastnight. My spelling errors are terrible this moring!
  • Glad it's moving for you wendy. That can be frustrating. LOL I noticed we started around the same weight and have both lost 70 lbs. but yours has taken 6 months? Mine has taken a year and 6 months! You're doing great.
  • Wendy, Glad your scales went down and congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • Quote: Anyone else get the ho-hums and stay on track but not religiously?
    Raising hand multiple times here

Congrats on getting the scale moving again!
  • Good on you for getting the scale moving!

The ho-hums happen. It's great you stayed mainly on track. I've often said that my new knowledge is power and I don't think I could eat mindlessly again if I wanted to. It's great you've got a 'diet fairy'.

You're doing a great job!
  • Yea!!! Great going, Wendy! 70 pounds (especially in just 6 months) is simply fantastic! You have obviously been working very hard, and that is quite inspiring. And I agree, you're very lucky to have the "diet fairy" shaking her finger at you. It reminds of cartoons where they'll show a person with a little angel on one shoulder and a little devil on the other shoulder, LOL. Kudos to you for listening to the angel! Hehe. And congrats on getting back on track.
  • Quote: Anyone else get the ho-hums and stay on track but not religiously?
    I kinda just went through that. It was more that I was changing my diet, and wasn't using my old standby recipes. I just kept putting off entering all the new ones I was using and really counting them up. I knew they were roughly OK, but I didn't *really* know, especially as I was using more nuts and oil than usual. But the plateau (20 days) ended itself without me getting strictly back on track . I rationalized to myself that if I was on a plateau, then my body needed a calorie break anyway. I'm still a bit ambivalent about knuckling back down to counting all my calories . I need to, I just don't know when I'm going to manage to count up all those recipes .
  • Quote:
    So I have stayed between 173 and 175 and it's been frustrating! It's my fault though...not a plateau...just me being bored with dieting! I'm over it and got back on track Monday and the scale finally moved to 171 which leaves me with a 70 pound loss!! I feel better already!! Anyone else get the ho-hums and stay on track but not religiously? I've been at this for 6 months now and I guess I got to the place where the honeymoon is over! *lol*
    Hello me!

This happened to me at the exact same place. In fact, looking at your stats, you and are are practically in exactly the same situation. I started at 237, hit a huge stall at the mid 170s and kinda got frustrated and gave up. Not gained anything back, but got tired of struggling to lose and not going anywhere - so I just sort of defacto moved into maintenance for a little bit.

It's been harder to lose as fast now, but once I got my butt back into gear, things are slowly moving the right way again. I mixed things up a lot with weight lifting, HIIT, and protein loading my diet, which helped.

So yeah ... I totally EXACTLY know where you are. Congrats on getting the scale moving again!

• congrats on getting the scale moving again in the right direction!
    WTG!