Just wanted to pop in and fill you folks in

• So, I haven't been around in a good long while but I had a couple of minutes so I thought I'd drop in and fill you in. There has been no such thing as a plan for food with everything that is going on. So, here goes. There is something wrong with my dad's brain...he keeps having 'mini strokes'. I guess there is a dead spot, probably from a larger stroke that was undiagnosed and something is causing him to continue to throw blood clots in his brain and have these episodes. We don't know what this is yet.

My boyfriend is having some legal issues (and I suppose me as well as I intend on filing charges). I can't really discuss it but they are bad. I can say as much as the charges are false, it involves some minor police brutality and I was there to whittness the event... I even called 911 for assistance and they hung up on me. Anyway, I am the strong, loud outspoken one and he is not so much. He's a nervous, anxious mass of depression. He's actually seeking thearpy because of the state he is in and it's only been 3 weeks...I can't imagine if this drags out to a 6+ month trial.

On top of that work is out of control, I've started a job hunt to begin with because my financial situation is in the crapper and I need to start looking for my next career move as I've reached the end of the line with my company and there is no financial relief in sight.... just winter oil bills. It's been 7 months and I am still trying to hire an assistant locally...and my national service center...well lets just say it's in Houston. With everything they are dealing with down there I've taken on all of their work here...so ya...the work of 7 people is all about me....and our office was able to re-open yesterday but that doesn't change the fact that many people are not in because of the severe damage from the storm and they will be playing catch up for quite some time (And really, I've been taking their calls for a week and I cannot tell you how many rude insensitive people I have spoken to...my response for the most part has been...well... if a hurricane came and rendered your entire family homeless would you care about someone who needs theatre tickets 3000 miles away... cause I wouldn't) It just absolutely sickens me that people have no concept or care of what is going on in the world.

Ok. So that is my vent, that is where I've been. I'm skating on some thin ice mentally and emotionally these days...but I'm trying to keep afloat because really, we can't all break down now can we. I'm just trying to get through one day at a time, try to sleep through the night, exercise is mostly yoga when I can afford to go, food has been terrible but I'm trying to just turn that around because I'm going to have to have my best about me to get through what I see as a long bumpy road ahead... I need to be well nourished with healthy things to give me more energy to deal...not full of halloween candy. All I can do to manage right now is take it one day at a time.

So thats my story, sorry for the vent, that is what is going on. Diet has been the furthest thing from my mind, I'm trying to at least bring it back so something is back in my control. Wish me luck, I hope you are all well.

Best
    L
  • More
  • and it continues and I'm sure you know this by now but log everything that goes with the case all phone calls, time, date,who you spoke to and what was said. Sending luck your way.
  • Here is what has worked for me NE Sunshine as I am facing a lot of downers in my life right now:

1) Look up and around--you do not need to go through this alone! In fact, for the sake of your mental health, don't go through this alone!

2) Get as much rest as you need. I have found that during this time of extra added stress I am sleeping between 9-10 hours nightly. I am also using a sleep aid to help me do that. No, it is not addictive.

3) Prioritize things in your life. You gave a great example: basics are first then the rest will follow.

4)Don't overdo or overnurture or over-anything. My Mom has been through a lot the past twelve months (2 cancers, two surgeries, 2 strokes, 2 heart attacks, pneumonia twice--things in two it seems and so it goes on). She has a strong will to live but I allow others to take care of her so I can be there for her emotionally. Do the same for your Dad. Worry less, have faith more.

5) As for finances, well, I hear you, let's say, I deal with that on a first come first serve basis too. Get back to food, clothing and shelter. The rest can be put on the back burner, no how much they want your money, don't take away from the basics.

6) Diet? Do your best here too and let it go.

Let go and let God. You'll make it kiddo, but do it one day at a time.

Love Pam
  • yikes that sounds brutal and makes my piddly day to day problems seem like triffles indeed!!

DH was reading over my shoulder and his word of advice (as a lawyer) going up against the thin blue line, document everything!! Hopefully justice will be on the side of right.

Keep on keepin' on! we're here to listen to a vent ANY time!!!
  • Thanks ladies. We got a diagnosis on my dad and they aren't strokes. He has a brain tumor. Surgery will most likely be scheduled for next week. I've had my breakdown and am now ready to move forward and be as positive as I can.
    Anyway that is the update. Thank you for your thoughts and hugs.
  • Good Luck, we hope all goes well, and please keep us posted.
  • Goodness gracious is is an awful lot to deal with. I am sending lots of your way. I hope your dad comes thru his surgery well. Hang in there and keep us posted. Take care and do the best you can.
  • Hang in there.