3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   When you just can't "GO" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/152128-when-you-just-cant-go.html)

Smiling_Sara 09-22-2008 05:15 PM

When you just can't "GO"

I haven't been able to go to the bathroom since Sat night. I feel like I have to go but there is cement blocking the way. I"ve even eaten more than usual today, to try and get some more fiber in myself, ( some veggie chips and a fibar one bar ) and all that has come with it is the feeling of having to go more, but alas, nada. I've also drank about 6 glasses of water so far today and 3 cups of coffee Not sure what other tricks I can do, I don't feel like eating anything, as I don't want even more sibstance sitting there.

any ideas?

luvin2lose 09-22-2008 05:17 PM

Try an overnight laxative. Or Milk of Magnisia.

Those work for me.

fiberlover 09-22-2008 05:40 PM

Exercise will help. Go for a brisk walk or jog.
Are you getting enough fat? That can also cause constipation.

PhotoChick 09-22-2008 05:57 PM

I'd try drinking more water and maybe (I know .. it's gross, bit it does work) a spoonful of mineral oil?

Also definitely include a good brisk walk in there.

just keep swimming 09-22-2008 06:00 PM

Sugar Free Lifesavers!

ghost 09-22-2008 06:03 PM

correctol, overnight relief...
and lots of water

mezmerize 09-22-2008 06:18 PM

Here's what works for me. I fill up my huge water bottle in the morning. I then mix in 2 All Bran Fiber Drink mix. I love the tea kind. It has 10 grams of fiber for each packet. I have been know to fil my water bottle twice so I drink 4 packets in a day. (on top of plain water) For my snacks I'll eat a fiber one bar 9 grams of fiber. Plus I eat whole grains (I do limit them) and lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Celery and Sweet Potatos are at the top. I also see them make Fiber One pop tarts and pan cakemix. I'm going to give them a try. Some days I'm just running and need a quick fix. I hope this will give some idea on how to maybe help push things along. I've not had a single problems since I started doing this. I was getting kind of worried that I was getting to much since my stomach was growling when I started but it has tamed way down now.

mezmerize 09-22-2008 06:20 PM

When I said I limit my grains I mean like whole grain pasta. For some reason I have a problem with pasta.

CandyKisses0204 09-22-2008 06:24 PM

some exercise and apple juice usually does the trick for me

knitsforfive 09-22-2008 08:27 PM

A teaspoon of flax oil 3 times a day.

Also, I find that when I am getting my fiber from processed fiber sources, I get stopped up more easily. When I get my fiber from fruits, vegetables, and whole grains -- like buckwheat groats and steel cut oats, I am a smoothly running machine.

nelie 09-22-2008 08:43 PM

I'd definitely try a walk and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Carrots are great but so is any veggie and fruits are good at that too. Also drink plenty of water.

LindseyLouWho 09-22-2008 09:23 PM

I've had this problem a few times, usually when I'm on vacation and not eating my usual fiber filled foods.

Usually for me it eventually works itself out, but if it doesn't then I usually try drinking more water and taking an overnight laxative.

GodsChild71923 09-22-2008 10:02 PM

You can try docusate; it's a stool softener. It may take a day or two to work, but it will produce results without cramping.

Ufi 09-23-2008 01:09 AM

Drink a glass of prune juice. Works every time for me. Actually, I now use something called PlumSmart because it takes like plums, not prunes. But plan to be around a bathroom for awhile.

Iconoclast at Large 09-23-2008 08:20 AM

I can tend toward that problem, but ever since I started this journey I have been eating two Fiber Choice tablets each night and I've been fine. Fiber Choice tastes like sweettarts and they are sugar free.