Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Swimgirl - You know a big part of finding ones way to a healthy life style is learning from others. I for one never monitored my surgar that closely. I figured since I didn't add sugar to foods and if I was eating fresh fruit/veggies and whole grain, low calorie, low fat and high fiber products I was doing well. That is why I like W.W. I really thought I was eating healthy now I'm not so sure. When I tried south beach I did monitor it very closely. I also was losing at a rabbits speed for me. But I found that I had horrible headaches and I was getting dizzy. So I started to add more fruit/veggies the kind that wasn't allowed. I felt better. So here I sit thinking about how much sugar added into the food I eat. Is this too much? Here's a list of my meals yesterday. I am not going to count the sugar in my fruits and veggies ate with the meal.
Breakfast - Rice Cream Original .5 cup - 5 Grams of sugar
Breakfast - Special K cereal - 3/4 cup - 9 grams
Lunch - Morning Star Italian Herb Chick Patties - 1 gram sugar
Snack - Fiber One Yogurt - 10 grams
All Bran Fiber Drink mix - less than 1 gram per packet. I drank 2 yesterday.
Dinner WW. Smart Ones - 10 grams
Yesterday was a non cooking day. Meetings, games you know busy busy.
So is 37 grams of sugar from pre packaged foods bad? Is there the somewhere that states a daily amount?
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #32  

Breakfast should read Rice Dreams.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #33  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well for intestinal health, the recommendation is that you should be going every day. Risks of such things as colon cancer and its precursors reduce dramatically with your intake of naturally high in fiber foods. I feel yucky if I'm late in going.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #34  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i have a mild case of IBS... sometimes I can't go and then i take metamucil 3 times a day and a Sennakot or Peri-colace laxative....

my gastro guy says all of that is fine and i can do that once in a while (like every 2 weeks if needed)

i've changed up my diet lately and added more grains back in (wheat specifically) and now i'm going again.... without help. i know TMI but for everyone it's different.

water does not make me potty
i drink hot coffee all day, it does not make me go
dairy does not make me go
dried fruit does not

you have to find what works for you.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #35  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

From what I've heard, dairy actually stops you from going, so I wouldn't try to use that to make you go.

I used to have IBS as well (or some form of it) and can understand the pain of that.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #36  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Luckily, I've always been completely full of crap, so this hasn't been a problem hahahahah

But even when I ate garbage, I went twice a day like clockwork, and now that I'm eating healthier it's the same, maybe 1 more time in the day.

Can a person POO TOO MUCH??????

we're all officially best frirends -- who else can you chat about POO with??
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post

LOL that thought has crossed my mine. I "go" several times a day. Maybe what my friend told me about my eyes being brown was true? Maybe I full of ...
Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Luckily, I've always been completely full of crap, so this hasn't been a problem hahahahah

But even when I ate garbage, I went twice a day like clockwork, and now that I'm eating healthier it's the same, maybe 1 more time in the day.

LOL - I saw a little book at the book store once. I think it was in the "Health" section, next to the "Diet" section. I forget the exact title, but something along the lines of the Poo Book. Nothing but descriptions of all the different kinds. In a comical but informative way. Crazy.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #39  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Ok I just googled it and I now know more than I ever intended.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #40  

Dried apricots works better for me than prunes and taste better.
tasche13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #41  

Height: 5'9"

A bowl of granola does the trick for me... I actually can't eat the stuff anymore. Makes me GO. and I feel horrible. which sucks, cause I LOVE a nice bowl of granola and raisons with milk in the morning. Although that might just be me, I also can't eat dark lettuce or I'll be SERIOUSLY sick. For instance today at work was my boss's baby shower, and they ordered in chicken caeser wraps froma catering place, well of course inside it had dark lettuce, but my BIG boss's were there so I didn't want to look classless and pick through the wrap.... well I'm paying for it tonight. Incredibly ill. My friend has collitus, and she thinks I may have a touch of it aswell.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #42  

Quote:

Lmfao. Same. Maybe it's a Canadian thing? haha. I've actually never been "constipated".
Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #43  

P.S. (Sorry to be so annoying) While I was in college, my teacher was a nurse, she said an average adult goes 2-3 times daily. So I don't think you "poo" too much Trazey lol.

Last edited by luvja; 09-24-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #44  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

HA! i kind of LOVE that we're having this conversation LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

Before I started eating healthy I always had a bit of trouble in the bathroom dept, and when I switched to a high-fiber diet I started going four or five times a day for a while -- it was almost scary, how well my digestive system was working! Then when I started losing, I had trouble again. My new rule is that I make myself drink at least 8 oz of water whenever I eat anything with three or more grams of fiber. I've read that consuming water at the same time you ingest fiber helps, um, push it through your system, so to speak.

Not sure how scientifically accurate it is, but I go twice a day comfortably and my system feels nice and clean.

(Also, if you're just really stuck and feel gross, I've had good luck with drinking a bottle of magnesium citrate, then drinking a few bottles of water afterwards. It takes between one and six hours to kick in and it, um, liquifies your bowels, which is a bit gross, but it works fast and gets your intestines SQUEAKY CLEAN!)
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote