Menu/Accountability/Daily Plans - week of Sept. 22 - 29

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Do you need a place to put down your daily menu or plans? Maybe accountability would be helpful. Or- would you like a little extra support or a chat. Please join us here!
  • Hi Chicks... I stayed on my plan yesterday - I am grateful (5 solid days).

Today is storytelling for seniors and office work.

meditation - done!
    stretches - done!
    log food
    lots of water
    PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
    lunch - refried beans, lite cheese, and salsa on ak mak crackers, spaghetti squash with parm
    snack - small bowl cereal, some blueberries, 1/3c skim milk
    dinner - pancakes (made with 3 egg whites), boca bacon, sfsyrup, sliced tomatoes
    snack -strawberries, trail mix, yogurt

MJ - thanks for the pat on the back! Your girls sound wonderful! Sounds like they have wonderful peronalities. It's great that they are so good with kids too. It's sweet that they want to see their new friend!

Schmoodle, Rhonda, Ginger - your personals are in Sundays post. Hi to you.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • Hey, chicks! Happy Monday and here's to a fresh start for an on-plan and productive week. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are refreshed and ready to attack the week.

Poor DS is mad at me. I got him up to get ready for school before I realized they have a two hour late start today. At least I realized before he went out to catch the bus! DD gets to sleep in because I realized before waking her, so he thinks this is very unfair. I would think so too! At least he gets to enjoy 2 hours of morning loafing!

My plan for the day:
    B: cranberry beans and collard greens, coffee with milk
    S: hardboiled egg
    L: WW taco wrap, NSA fudgesicle
    S: skim latte, apple with almond butter
    D: Cream of broccoli chicken soup, roasted green beans
    S: skim NSA hot chocolate

Sounds yummy, right?
  • Hi everyone! It's another gorgeous fall day here today. After I eat, I am going to run an errand, just to get outside for a bit! I AM going to the gym right after work--tonight is legs/back and cardio.

Beverlyjoy--Yea for another OP day!

Schmoodle--Oops! oh well, 2hrs of loafing can be good too! Yes, your menu sounds yummy to me!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great OP day! I'll check back later!
  • Hi Friends!

Hubby and I are off work today. Nothing special, just using up some vacation time for the year. Use it or lose it. After getting the girls off to school, I went back to bed and slept until 11. Now, I'm doing a little catch-up here at 3FC before tackling some cleaning.

Yesterday, I went for my free 1 hour session with the personal trainer. I left the fitness center feeling weak, shakey and somewhat nauseous. I can't wait until those days are past. However, I am looking forward to some nice shapely metabolism boosting muscles. Today, I think every single muscle is sore.

Have a great on-plan day.
  • Rhonda--An hour w/ a trainer, that sounds really cool, hard work, but cool.

Ok, I need some advice. One of my sil's (one I actually like) asked me to speak at her weight loss meeting on a Monday night. They live 2 hours away, so it would have to be when we have some time off if I decide to do it, but I don't know if I should or not....I guess I should get more info. Talking in front of groups isn't that big of a deal (I get a little nervous, but not bad--I do that all the time at work), but weight loss is pretty personal, not sure if I want to share w/ a group that I am not a part of....what do you think?
  • Hey ladies,

Okay, sleeping in Girlygirl????- that's just not right!!! till 11!!!! (insert major jealousy here....). Having a trainer sounds cool, maybe your shakes and nausea will get better soon..let's hope!

Schmoodle - with kids, sometimes you just can't win. It wasn't fair, but in your defense you didn't wake him on purpose. Hey, we all forget things and make mistakes.

Beverly, I love that you post your food plan. I wish I could mine, I'm just not there yet (organized enough) and I'm eating well, but still "on the fly"...do you know what I mean?

mj5- mmmm...I totally understand what you are asking. Weight loss is a personal topic, but WOW! I think I would feel so honored that someone thought I lost enough weight that I could inspire others! Maybe find out more, like what kind of weight loss group is it, and what kinds of attitudes and beliefs come from the meetings, that might help knowing before hand. I would be a bit nervous too...mmm I would start by asking more questions.

Went to the gym tonight. It was interesting. Got my 2 hours in including spinning and treadmill, and weights. No abs tonight, they are just too sore.

Cheers,
    Ginger
  • Good Morning!

Last night I went through my side of the closet and moved some things around--I pulled out some capris and jeans that are too big (yea!). I need to do the same things w/ shirts, but I ran out of time. Some pants that were too small, fit again! Yippee!

Ginger--Great job at the gym!!!! Yea, I think I need to get more info from my sil....

Rhonda--Wow, 11am! I haven't done that since, well...I can't even remember!

I was just looking at my calendar and realized that I have been OP for 35 days straight! it would have been 46, but I forgot to eat breakfast one day!!!! I cannot believe it. I cannot start taking things for granted. I have to keep doing what works.

I want to thank each of you for your support. Without you, I would not be able to do this!!!! Great job everyone!!!
  • Hi chicks - I had fun with my neighbors last night - we had our annual Dancing with the Stars kick off show gathering. Alexandra (12), Blake (6)(a girl) and their mom have always come over to watch the first show. . It's a nice tradition. Had put out frozen grapes, fresh strawberries and other healthy snacks. I said that they didn't need to bring anything. But, they brought pumpkin bread and trail mix made with teddy grahams, and other goodies. I didn't have 'my mind in the right place'. I did over eat and then did some 'grazing' when they left - and feel kind of mad at myself. It's kind of amazing how I can go thru an entire weekend of wedding company, meals out and a wedding party and do fine....then, get tripped by homemade trail mix. What I've learned is that I must be willing to push thru the feelings of wanting, wanting, wanting food that I don't need. Always a learning process.

But, I am planning for a healthy day today.

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, pnb toast, strawberries
    lunch - cottage cheese, lima beans, tomatoes
    snack - yogurt and cereal
    dinner - turkey polish sausage, green beans with mushrooms
    snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana milk

MJ - 35 days OP is utterly fantastic. That's wonderful. I am so, so glad that tight clothes are now fitting!

Ginger - great job at the gym - I am so happy that you can work it into your busy schedule. I do like posting my food plan...putting it down keeps it from spinning around in my head. Once in a while it changes as the day goes on, but, at least it give me some sanity with choices being made ahead.

Rhonda - wow...sleeping that late is amazing. I am a very early riser! You must have needed it. I noticed on another thread that you have lost weight this week. YAY. I am glad you got your time with the trainer. Do you think youl'll use the trainer again?

Schmoodle...oh the stories I could tell about getting people up at the wrong time. It happens to everyone. Good plan. Have a GREAT day.

Hi to everyone that stops by...join in. It helps.
  • Good morning, Bluesers!

Today is on-plan day #9. Calorie counting and eating healthy is working well. I'm clear headed and optimistic for the first time in quite a while. The only problem I'm having right now is that I'm very very sore from my weight machine workout on Sunday. You should see me trying to sit or go up the stairs! I was planning on going back for more weights today, but I think I'll need to postpone that for another day. Today, I will do another 60 minutes of the beginner's running program despite the pain.

Ginger - I just realized that my abs don't hurt at all. Hmmmmm...maybe I need an additional ab workout.

MJ - Maybe I'm just different, but I don't feel like my weight loss journey is very private. But, then again, I'm not a very private person. I would welcome an opportunity to talk with others about my losses and my thoughts on weight loss. Maybe you would say the one thing that makes someone open their eyes and see this journey in a new light?

Beverly - I definitely want to have personal training sessions. Maybe, I'll ask for this for Christmas. I do think I would want a different trainer...maybe, a woman in her 40's who understands a bit about a "more mature" woman's view of weight loss. She didn't seem to understand that I wasn't there for strictly for looks. I'm more concerned with the health aspects like my thinning bones and the visceral (internal) fat. I guess she isn't used to this.

I'm playing catchup today at work to make up for my 2 days vacation. Should be a fun day.

Have a great on-plan day!
  • Good morning ladies! We need some guys around here!
    Rhonda, you're not supposed to have to "catch up" from your vacation! I know, it doesn't really work that way unfortunately... I'm happy to see you in a good weight loss place these days!
    Beverlyjoy, the pumpkin bread would be hard for me to resist. Well, you know the drill, we just carry on.
    mj, I credit you with the 46! Nobody's perfect and forgetting breakfast isn't a big deal. It goes both ways, I couldn't have done what I've done without the chicks either. Maybe it would be good for you to share some of what you've learned, like a reaffirmation for yourself.
    Ginger, great job at the gym.
    Wonder how Lyn and slashni are doing?

Gray and gloomy here this morning, I've got some candles burning to help brighten me up. It's supposed to clear and get sunny and warm this afternoon though. Just a normal work and school day around here today.
    Plan:
    B: hot Ezekiel cereal with blueberries, coffee with milk
    S: roasted green beans, hard boiled egg
    L: cream of broccoli chicken soup
    S: 2% latte, apple with almond butter
    D: Taco Bake burrito, roasted cauliflower
    S: hot chocolate
  • Beverlyjoy--How fun that you have a Dancing w/ the Stars party! The important part is you are planning for a healthy day today!

Rhonda--Great job! Keep it up!

Schmoodle--Hope the sun is shining there now!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your perspectives on the talk. I think part of it is my fear of what if I do it and then fail (again). Silly, I know, but this is almost where I was when I started to re-gain weight. Of course, I am doing MANY things different (posting here and my 'reward' plan are very helpful), so maybe I should talk about it. It's funny, because I always wanted to be my sil's size until she had her last dd, now she is struggling to take off the weight from her pregnancy--she has never struggled w/ her weight before this.

Ok, I am going to head down to the farmers market--I need more apples and some yummy veggies to have w/ dinner.
  • Hi Ladies !!

TUESDAY
    Breakfast - beef jerky - 2pts, cheeze its - 6 pts

Lunch - Healthy choice chicken steamer - 6 pts 1/4 cup cheese - 4 pts

Dinner - Healthy choice steak steamer - 6 pts

Snack - 2 cups apple jacks - 4 pts

Total points - 28 pts

I am trying to eat real food. I tend to snack the day away. I am a call center rep for a bank and I have to be chained to my desk 8 hours a day. My goal is to eat an actual Lunch and Dinner everyday the rest of this week.
  • hey gang, i just wrote a bunch of personals and lost them!! >:O
    well, i was thinking of each of you, just know that there is a personal for you out there in cyber heaven. ha ha

long time no see. im here to say, i gained a few, lost a few, and hopfully will lose a lot more!!!

gotta go. wish you all a good day!
  • this last week i have been on plan, after a long off plan couple months... i just realized that counting what i lost this week i am exactly where i left off!!! omg! that is a victory for me! i can belive it, im so happy. no gain is a big gain! ha ha!