Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thumbs up Accountability/Menu/Daily Plans - Week of Sept. 15 - 21

Do you need a place to put down your daily menu or plans? Maybe accountability would be helpful. Or- would you like a little extra support or a chat. Please join us here!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 AM   #2  

Hi Chicks...yesterday on a great on plan day. I am so grateful. My back is feeling better - thanks to drugs! The last 10 days of food have been half on and half off. I am not looking forward to getting on the scale this week at all. But, that was in the past...I am ready to move forward!

Today I am getting ready for an Art's Council showcase that is tomorrow afternoon. I have a table to show some 'things' about my storytelling programs (marketing stuff) and then 10 minutes to 'do my thing'. Although my pieces and parts aren't feeling the best, at this time I will plan on going. There will be at least 100 other performing artists there. I haven't seen them in a year.

today:

ice/heat!
gentle stretches
lots of water
log food and food values
meditation
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
snack - latte
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich open face, veggies and dip
snack - plain yogurt and no sugar jelly - a few crackers
dinner - trader joes spinach lasgana and salad with red wine vinegarette
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, fruit, milk

Mj - Did you get your nails painted (toes, too). I totally understand about the pain meds. You are doing so great. Carry on, friend!

Schmoodle - sounds like you approach the party with good tools to help you get thru. Life throws us so many food cirmcumstance to deal with. Your trip to Orlando sounds GREAT.

Nori - you are facing those lunches well. Good for you!!!

Ginger - so glad you are feeling a bit better.

Hi to Lyn and Rhonda. Have a good day,everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-15-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

As of today, I'm becoming accountable again. I promise that I'll be here each day as a partner on this journey.

Beverly - Enjoy your Art's Council and seeing your old friends.

Yesterday, I went to the fitness center for the first time. We've had the membership for about a month now and I've never stepped one foot inside the door. I warmed up a bit on the elliptical. I'd never been on one. That thing is tough! I'm determined to conquer it in the next few months. I began my strength training program. I haven't used weights in over 3 years. I left the center feeling shakey and somewhat nauseous. I really had no idea how out of shape I have become. A friend recommended I take a warm apple cider vinegar bath to offset any soreness. Today, I'm not sore....but, it is early yet. Typically, I feel the soreness on the second day afterward.

Today, I have my Daily Plate page up and going. I've decided to go back to calorie counting, but will continue to eat the SB way. Today's goal is 1600 calories. I'll also be hitting the treadmill at some point during the day. Today is a bit off schedule for me as I'll be working 1/2 day then going to the endocrinologist this afternoon. I have goiters that must be checked out periodically. Hopefully, they have remained the same and I won't have to go on thyroid medicine.

Hope each of you have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-15-2008 at 08:03 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I was SUPER busy today, so I didn't have time to check in. I'll catch up w/ everyone tomorrow.

Rhonda--The elliptical still kicks my butt...good for you!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #5  
mj5

Ok, so I am waiting for the grill to heat up, so I'm back already!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for a great OP day and for your back feeling better! The scale is just a #. Have fun tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully if you can rest up today, you will feel better by tomorrow! I painted my fingernails, but not my toes--they still look ok. Thanks!

Rhonda--So glad to see you back! Like I said before--great job on the elliptical!!! Hope the appt went well.

Ginger--How are you feeling? Did you make it to the gym?

Lyn--How are you?

Schmoodle--What up?

Hi to anyone else who pops in!

Today was really good food wise. I did my planned workout, so another sticker for me!!! Ok, I need to get dinner on the grill...we are eating super late tonight and I don't like that!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey Ladies:

Today was supposed to be my first day back at the gym. Derailed again! I was fine this morning, ate my eggs and veg and then off to have a shower when I got a very quick stiff neck, then severe pain...finished the shower, took an advil, writhed in pain, then decided to take a tylenol 2 with codeine, went back to bed, and then sure enough got sick (yuck!) and now finally after two hours of sleeping, I feel sorta-normal.

I have no IDEA where this came from. Seriously! I still have this evening to go, but after needing DH to watch the kids most of the day, and then grandma for the other part of the day, I can't really justify it...plus I am not feeling great (a little shaky).

Girlygirl - great job getting back to the gym, I'm right behind you, I promise.

Beverlyjoy - 100 other artists ! Wow - you lead such an exciting life it seems.

Mj5- thanks for checking in on me....as you can see , I did not hit the gym I'm actually sad about this.

Here's to tomorrow,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:06 AM   #7  
mj5

Good Morning!

Ginger--You will get to the gym. You have to feel better first. Can't wait to hear all about it when you can go.

I am down 2lbs this week and yesterday was day 14 op, so I can use my new purse! I am SO excited!! I found it on SUPER bargain at Kohl's for $5, so that makes it even better! I'll switch over tonight when I get home from work. I don't know what it is, but I always have fun "moving in" to a new purse. Guess I need to get out more...LOL!

Work is getting interesting....things are moving along on our plans for reconfiguring and while no one is coming out and saying anything, I am being asked to be involved in things that I normally wouldn't be (would normally be an upper management type thing). I am going to try to talk to my supervisor, w/out putting her on the spot to see if this is b/c they are thinking that my promotion is back 'on the table' so to speak. I really hope so! That would be awesome!!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Hi to everyone else! I really need to start getting ready for work! I'll check back later!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #8  

Hi Chicks....I stayed in my calorie range yesterday and op. I am grateful.

Today is the showcase for the Arts Council. I had Alexandra come and load up the car with my things (she's a wonderful helper). I need to practice and I'll leave about 1pm.

for today:

meditation (done!)
lots of water - early
gentle stretches
log food
PMA

breakfast - turkey sandwich with mustard and tomato, grapes
snack - latte
lunch - kashi waffle, egg white scramble, boca bacon, npnb
snack - banana
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese, green bean salad
snack - oatmeal, raisins, almond butter, milk

Mj - two more pounds and 14 days OP. You rock. That's wonderful! Enjoy that purse!!!!

Ginger - Oh no...sorry to hear about the neck pain. I know this is frustrating...one thing after another. But, take care of it and it will heal. You will be able to get back to the gym in a bit. Concentrate on trying to eat well - do the best you can. I am glad you have some help with the children.

Rhonda - so glad you're back to posting! : Sounds like you've got all your tools and things ready to move forward. You CAN do this...I just know it.

Schmoodle - Hi! hope all is well. We missed you yesterday.

Shout out to Lyn & Nore - and all other folks that stop by. To all folks, join us. It's helpful.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-16-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

I stayed within my calorie range yesterday. I'm finding that I enjoy using Daily Plate. I usually just track calories on an excel spreadsheet which is kinda boring...no little pie charts, etc. Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment in the same city as Whole Foods. I enjoyed the opportunity to drop by and pick up some of my favorites and to try some new items. I bought a new multi-vitamin for menopausal women. Wonder if it will magically make me feel like Wonder Woman? I also picked up some more greek yogurt and some Apple-Cherry sauce and Apple-Blackberry sauce. Last night, Paul and I had the apple cinnamon chicken sausage. Oh my...that was delish! It's a good thing I don't live near Whole Foods. I'd be in the poor house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
Hi Chicks....I stayed in my calorie range yesterday and op. for today:
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I am down 2lbs this week and yesterday was day 14 op, so I can use my new purse! !
Congratulations! Enjoy your purse.

Ginger - How are you feeling today? I hope you have a much better day.

My plan for today: To get back on the treadmill and re-start my running program.

Have a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #10  
mj5

Hi again! It is a gorgeous fall day here! I LOVE fall weather!

Beverlyjoy--How did it go today? I am so glad that your helper could help!!!

Ginger--I totally agree w/ Beverlyjoy--concentrate on what you can do right now.

Rhonda--I have a visual of you in the Wonder Woman outfit!!! Mmm, I wish we had a Whole Foods near us, but I would probably be broke too...

Schmoodle--Hope things are ok...did you get hit by all the wind the other night? I know a lot of people around here are still w/out power.

Ok, I need to finish my lunch and get back to work!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies,

I felt great today (I say felt, because now I'm drained...) but, I went to the GYM, dropped the kiddies off at preschool and actually went to the gym. It was great. The people were nice, it was not busy, so I didn't have to sign up for machines, or try to get people off them. I forgot my IPOD (doh!) which I was bummed about, but in retrospect, it was a good thing, I would have worked myself much, much harder. Being there, and having two whole hours, is like a dream come true. I did a bit of elliptical, then 40 minutes walking on the treadmill, some ab work, then stopped for a snack (it was 10am ish, and I ate breakfast at 730am). Then on the spin bikes, which I loved.

Of course, I picked up the kids, met an old friend for lunch with the kids, took them to the park, got groceries with them, and now it's 4pm, and I STILL have to make dinner. Am I ever tired!

But I DID it, and I'm proud of that.

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:52 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning! I was up super early this am, so I did a WATP dvd. That actually works out well b/c I have to work late tonight and then have some errands to run. I was going to go to the gym too (and I still might), but if I don't at least I did a 30 min dvd this am.

Ginger--I am so proud of you! And better yet, you can hear how happy and proud you sound in your post!!! Great job!!!!

I 'moved in' to my new purse last night and I love it! I have decided to change my next reward a little bit. I am still going to get the mani/pedi--but it is going to be a bday treat to myself on the weekend before my bday. I have been working really hard lately (at work) and really haven't taken much 'me' time other than at the gym. Besides, I am trying to keep my 'rewards' to less expensive things so I don't spend too much $!! My revised reward is going to be a new nailpolish. I am going to buy it tonight.

Ok, I need to get ready for work...now that I am actually doing something w/ my hair and spending a few extra mins on my makeup, it takes me a little longer to get ready!

Have a great OP day! I'll be back later!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #13  

Hi Chicks! - Yesterday was a fun day. I saw many folks at the showcase that I hadn't seen in a year. Many noticed my weight loss...one person said that they didn't recognize me at first. (that I find hard to believe - but, that's what she said). It went well. It was not well attended by teachers and community because we've had major power outages here in Central Ohio and most schools and many things were closed. I think I made a couple of contacts. I didn't get home until close to 8pm. I did eat a banana at 4pm. I was overtired and hungry and ended up overeating.

Also, my weight is up another couple of pounds. In the last ten days...it's half on plan and half off plan. I will try to carry on and get the numbers down next week. My usual MO for when I start to gain weight is to disassoicate from any kind of support group...kind of hide away. But, I know one thing...the folks in this thread or 3fc aren't going to think any less of me because I am struggling or gaining. I don't have to 'run away' . In the last year...I think I have grown. It was so hard to get on that scale....to face that number. I KNOW I can turn this around.

For today:

getting back on my plan - with no overeating at night

lots of water
stretches
log food
meditation

breakfast - cheese toast, applesauce
lunch - Wendy's Chili
snack - cottage cheese and fruit
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, turkey sausage
sliced tomatoes
snack - oatmeal, fruit, almond butter, milk

MJ - new nail polish sounds great! Enjoy your new purse. So glad you got the DVD workout in this AM. Starts the day out right! Go girl.

Ginger - you did great yesterday. I am so, so glad you went to the gym and had your workout - as I know it's one of your goals. Take it easy and try to pace yourself. Glad you are feeling so much better.

Rhonda - it's great that you got some fun healthy foods at WFs. It helps to make your plan tasty and interesting. Glad that the Daily Plate log makes it fun too.

Hi to Schmoodle, Lyn and all others that stop by.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-17-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, sorry I have been out of touch. Things have been hectic around here and I had to travel to NJ yesterday for a meeting - long day of driving. I'm fine though and staying on-plan for the most part, even yesterday - I packed most of my food and only stopped once for a sugar-free Starbucks pick-me-up on the way home. The scale is friendly this week. I'm going to wait until my official weigh-in day of Saturday before I move my ticker, but I am looking forward to at least a couple of pounds down. Good incentive to stay on-track the rest of the week!
I've gotta run, need to do some banking and return my rental car this morning as soon as I take DD to school. I'm also hoping I don't have to run a hamster to the vet today. I'll be back to catch up later on.
Hope you are all well.
In the meantime, my plan for the day:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: BBQ chicken and veggie wrap
S: skim latte, apple with almond butter
D: beef and veg stew
S: yogurt with grape jelly
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #15  
mj5

Hi again! Today is flying by, which is nice, but I have lots to do!!! Deep breath, one thing at a time....

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great time yesterday! Yes you can turn this around. I KNOW you can!!!!

Schmoodle--I totally forgot you mentioned going to NJ! Yea for a friendly scale!

I have decided not to go to the gym, but to take the dogs for a walk after my errands. It is SO gorgeous outside!!