Old 09-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thumbs up Accountability/Menu/Daily Planning - Week of September 8 - 14.

Do you need a place to put down your daily menu or plans? Maybe accountability would be helpful. Or- would you like a little extra support or a chat. Please join us here.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:19 AM   #2  

Hi chicks - yesterday I did pretty well. DH ended up inviting the neighbors for a cookout. One brought 4 (yes 4) different kinds of ice cream and some brownies. I did have a very small amount of desert - and it took me 65 calories over my range. I am not going to worry about that at all. Today - no company, parties and outside influences - just the regular ones.

Plans for today:
take my mom to doctor for some tests
office work
stretches
meditation
lots of water
log food
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - open face turkey sandwich with lite mayo, ratatoulle with parm. cheese
snack - greek yogurt with some low fat granola
dinner - french toast, sf syrup, boca bacon, egg white scramble, sliced tomatoes
snack - cheese toast, peach.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later to catch up with everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-08-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Monday again chicks...
BeverlyJoy, your lunch sounds super yummy! How do you make your cheese toast? I think you did great over the weekend, but it's always a relief to get back to normal, isn't it?
Ginger, good luck seeing everybody off to school today. Hope you are feeling much better.
mj, all rejuvenated from your pj day?
Hi Lyn!

I did okay yesterday, but I cooked up a batch of teriyaki peanuts because I had a couple of pounds of raw peanuts to use up, and I ate too many of those. I tried to give some away to my mom, but she said she'd overindulge.
Today:
B: Hot tea with agave nectar, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon
S: pumpkin oatmeal bar
L: crabcake broken up over salad, dressing, tomato juice
S: skim latte, pear
D: chef salads
S: cottage cheese with apple butter on toast

Have a good one chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #4  

Back again...mom just called - she isn't feeling up to going to the doctor for all the tests. I think she is recovering from our busy weekend with family. She's exhausted, poor sweetie.

Schmoodle - I make my cheese toast by toasting a piece of my whole grain bread and then melting a slice of 2% on it - either by the heat of the hot toast or 5 or so seconds in the microwave. I like it for breakfast some times. I like with an apple or applesauce because I llove the combination of cheese and apples. It works out to be about 150 calories or so.

Is DD feeling any better today, I hope. So many folks have colds lately.

Hmmm...crab cakes - do you make these or buy them. I love them too. If you buy them, which brand do you recommend.

Ginger - I am so sorry to hear your camping trip was cut short. Oh no - strep throat is so painful. I am glad you got it checked out quickly. I hope it nothing more than strep. When will you find out.? Take care of yourself. You WILL start the 'whole new me" as soon as you feel better. Even if you can't do the gym now - do the best you can - just eating healthfully will help. The rest will come when as you recover.

Happy Monday to MJ, Rhonda and Lyn .....and anyone that stops by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-08-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Get ready to see more of me around here. I'm back on plan!

Day 1 of Phase 1....Oy Vey!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #6  

Hey accountability folks....we had two threads going yesterday...the one for this week and last week's too.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #7  

Hi chicks...I stayed on my plan and pushed thru yesterday even though I wanted to stuff my face all day. I am grateful.

Today:

working in my office
lunch with a friend at First Watch

breakfast - egg scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - tri-athelite ommlette at First Watch
snack - yogurt with sf jam, crackers
dinner - turkey polish sausage, corn, salad, ratatoulle
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, almond butter, milk

I'll be back to catch up with folks later. Have a great day.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks on a rainy gray Tuesday. I got up early to get a writeup done for my customer that he needs this morning. I know I'll be working this issue all day. Trying hard to get into the school routine with homework, getting to bed on time, activities, and keeping up with everything. Any of you chicks use flylady? It was very helpful to me for a while, but I let all my routines lapse and now trying to get back with the program.

My plan:
B: hot Ezekiel cereal with milk and half an apple
S: hard boiled egg and tomato juice
L: chicken salad over sliced tomatoes
S: skim latte, pear
D: refried bean soup
S: cottage cheese with NSA apple butter

Hooray, Rhonda's back!! How did day 1 go?
Beverlyjoy, I am admittedly a crabcake snob, comes from living in MD all my life. I've never had a good premade one, and restaurants are hit or miss, so I make my own. I stock up on good quality crabmeat in the summer, premake the crab cakes and freeze a supply for the winter, then I can pull one out whenever I get the urge.
Good morning Lyn, mj, Diane, and any other chicks that stop in!
How are you feeling Ginger? You will get on track, but right now just worry about taking care of yourself and getting better.

ETA: I just saw all of mj's and Ginger's posts yesterday in last week's thread. Poor Ginger, you sound so miserable! How are you doing today?
MJ you silly, of course it was quiet yesterday, we were all here!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-09-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Oops....I totally forgot to look for our new thread! No wonder it was so quiet yesterday!!!! Good Morning! My 'fuzzy alarm clock' (one of my dogs) woke us up super early this am!!! Maybe that's why I posted under last week's thread today too??!!!

Beverlyjoy--Great job at the cookout! Hope your mom is able to rest up and feels better soon.

Schmoodle--How is dd feeling? Yes, pj day was wonderful!

Rhonda--Yea!!!! I am glad you are back! Have you been to the gym?

Ginger--Oh no! You sound terrible! I hope your GP can help. Glad to hear dh is taking care of you too. I know you feel really icky, but don't forget to post a weight for the biggest loser--I think the deadline is Sat.

Lyn--How are you?

Since I was up so early I would have liked to do a WATP dvd this am, but my knee was really sore. An excuse? Maybe. But I don't want to push my luck too much before my ortho appt. on Friday. He's good, but I don't want him to start talking surgery again!!!

Have a great OP day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

HI all you guys! I am back (I was really sick for about 4 days and am on the mend/mostly better now). Ginger, you poor thing, that sounds HORRID. I hope you are on antibiotics and resting and getting better.

Today is my first day back OP after days of being in a sick haze, feeling really icky and eating comforting things like ice cream and mac n cheese. I seriously do not do well with being sick. I need a new plan for that, because my resolve goes out the window and I just eat whatever makes me feel better. I drank a TON of juice too.

I also had to go yesterday for my follow up PAP after a bad one and a colposcopy and LEEP in the spring. I am crossing my fingers for GOOD results this time. I SO do not want more surgery. Results in 1 week or sooner.

Husband is gone now, still dunno whats going on with him but hope he can figure out his issues while he is alone. The good news is, I am back in control of all the food coming into this house, so it should be easier to stay OP.

Will check back in on you guys later!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies, thanks so much for all your concern. I did get antibiotics from the walk in clinic on sunday, and it's now tuesday and I don't feel any better. the doctor said if I am not better by today then to go see my GP (which I am going to do). Yesterday I got my bloodwork done and took the throat swab to the lab. I should know about the swab tomorrow and a little longer (5 days) so maybe by friday I will get the results from that. I feel like I'm in good hands. But I am still in major throat agony. And my fever keeps coming back every time the advil or tylenol runs out.

Thankfully grandma is taking the kids to preschool. DH got them all ready this morning, so I know I am lucky to have this kind of support. I am staying away from my kids, and that is so hard, but I really really wouldn't want them to get this. Goodness knows they may have already been "infected" - you know the whole incubation thing, but whatever I can do to help, I will.

Girlygirl- day 1! Go for it!!

Schmoodle - routine is hard, and yes flylady is great if you stick with it...unfortunately, I never could

Beverly - sorry to hear your mom's kinda under the weather...family weekends are always tiring, even for us younger chicks!

Lyn- so glad you are feeling better. Yes, I find it hard to eat well when I'm ill. Of course, lately I've lived off popsicles and ice water. I am crossing my fingers too for you for good results. That must be so scary. It's awesome that you have control over the food in the house!

MJ- Huge thanks for the reminder about BL challenge. I would really be kicking myself if I forgot again this time around! I did post my weight, and I'm just hoping I feeling better by next week.

Have a good on-plan day everyone!
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #12  

Quick update:

I went to my regular Doctor - the walk in clinic doctor gave me the wrong antibiotics (meant for people with penicillin allergies, which I don't have). Those antibiotics are not strong enough generally for what I have, and take longer if a patient is allergic to penicillin. So she gave me a new prescription.

Also, the results are in - MONO is out. I definitely have strep throat. We won't know about the epstein barr results until next week. The chances are SLIM. Yeah!!!

So I did overhear that my hemoglobin was high 16.1 - does anyone know if that means anything. I tried to google it, but I'm not sure I'm looking at the right thing.

Anyhow, off to rest, drink more fluids and take my new antibiotics.

And with any luck- next week I will be a woman on a mission!!

Ginger
Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #13  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
So I did overhear that my hemoglobin was high 16.1 - does anyone know if that means anything. I tried to google it, but I'm not sure I'm looking at the right thing.
Sorry you're sick Ginger. I'm a lab tech and that's a perfect hemoglobin for an adult female - on the high end of normal actually. Above 12 is ok. 12-16 in *normal* - so maybe since you were 16.1 the analyzer flags it as high. It's not.

OK, so I never come onto this thread, but saw that you were the last poster and hadn't seen you around for awhile. (Not because you haven't, but because I haven't been in the 100 pound area for awhile!) This might be a good thread for me to start posting in though...

Last edited by Nori71; 09-09-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #14  

Nori!

Thanks so much for popping in and saying hello and letting me know about the hemoglobin. It's so good to know that there is nothing to worry about. I love this community-- we all have different strengths and backgrounds and the fact that we can ask each others advice is invaluable. Thank you!

I haven't been posting much all summer, and when I did come back recently I owned up to regaining. It really sucks, but I'm here now and that's what matters. I had a whole plan, and this darned Strep completely put me in a tailspin. But I am still determined to put action in my plan as soon as I am physically able.

It's really great to see you again. Please come and post here! We'd love to hear about what's going on with you and where you are at. I can see you've lost an impressive 45 lbs!! WOW>>you go girl!!! Very cool.

Cheers, Ginger
Old 09-10-2008, 01:24 AM   #15  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Ginger,

I had strep for the first time last year (after running oh, probably 1000000 tests for it on patients!!!!) and I can empathize. It was t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. Right up there with labor!

As far as the weight loss goes... I've recently, as in this week, kicked it up a notch. I think I'm only like 3-5 pounds less that the beginning on June. So, I've basically maintained for awhile now. But I'm no where near a weight that I should be maintaining, so I'm putting the work in now. In the past I've done the same as you though. Let up and gained. You just have to recognize it for what it is and know that even if we lose a battle here and there, we will win the dang war! We are so worth it. To be as healthy and happy as we want to be. Anyways, glad you're back. I missed you a bit into the last TBL challenge here. Seems like you were fighting some illnesses then also.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote