Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 03:00 PM   #1  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Talking Butt Movers #6

Week 6... hey Beth Anne, wanna loan me your trainer??? I could use a little pushing and Sandi, worry not, my workout week was kinda...weak too... Welcome to the newcomer, and good luck on your job search... (I think I have that right?? if not, welcome anyway, and good luck to whoever's searching ) Let's get moving ladies!!! (Hubby already beat me to workout this morning...sheesh, I KNOW I'm slackin now...) :sheep:
Old 04-08-2002, 03:12 PM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

I don't know if you are going to want her!! she was BRUTAL this morning. I was like "ok, that's enough weight", and she'd say "no you need some more"... my legs were SHAKING by the end the muscles were so used and abused!!

Ok now you got me all confused. I guess I should post todays workout here then.

Monday - 5 min cardio, 55 minutes of being abused by my trainer. Ow.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:36 PM   #3  

walked 3 miles Saturday and 3 again on Sunday
i've walked 2 miles so far today......

Gina Belle
245/194/128
Old 04-08-2002, 06:50 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Beth ann I have a trainer too. and i love him!!! i even tell him to hurt me today!! and he just smiles and you know he is going to do just that!!! MMM

today it was just me with the hip acting up i did not do much i did do 3 miles on the elliptical/34 min

Jiff i was talking to a runner and she said it was because i was i was twisting when i ran. and she is right i was not keeping my body inline. (especially since the pain is the same when i was doing my bellydancing with all the twisting)
Old 04-09-2002, 11:41 AM   #5  
Losin It For GOOD!

Well, I'm taking a day off today. I am in SO much pain from yesterday, I just need to let my muscles heal. I think I might have overdone it. (or the trainer might have pushed too hard!!!) My inner thighs feel like there are knives stabbing into them. (that's what hip adductors and abductors at 130 lbs will do to you!!)

So me and the ibuprofen are just going to have a nice quiet day today.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:42 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Beth ann I do not mean to be over reacting but did you say you were doing 130 on abd and add's ???? that is WAY too much!!! My trainer will NOT put me there even when i do it myself. I do not mean to get down on her but I can not believe that she has done that!!!! how long have you been working with her??? I have been working with mine for over 6 months and have done some really hard things but that is far to much for those tender muscles!!!! have you done that much before??? I am worried that this ggal may be pushing you too far. Where had her PT certificate comes from???

Well anyways i am sorry if i am stepping on your toes on this but i am really concerned. I have heard of some trainers that push too much, and that may lead to injury. you should never be worked that hard so you have that much pain from any trainer unless you ask for it and are ready for it. and even then it should not hurt that bad. One day i over did my inner things without my trainer and holy cow did i get heck from him for about 10 min inbetween his laughing at me for ding that and well it hurt for about 4 days (I did it over the weekend before he found out) and the only thing that helped was to stretch out. if you have a exercise ball step over it like there is a wall on either side and lower your body down to it like you are on it scissor style. slowly roll your self back and forth it will hurt really bad but if you do it slowly then you will start to relax and feel much better.

as for me i did a huge upperbody workout. I did not run but walked the treadmill for 20 min. appearently i have pulled my flexor muscle. so it is take it easy for a while. I can do the elliptical but not the running. HHHMMM
Old 04-10-2002, 12:18 AM   #7  
It's been so long...

Late workout for me... was gonna work with hubby today, but he picked up that twelve hour shift at the last minute....Ok, for me yesterday, since I didn't post, took a long walk with hubby and baby. Tonight, stretching, 30 mins on the good old step (I finally dusted it off...) and 20 minutes ab/back/upper body work.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:01 AM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

The knees are still sore. I went for a walk on Monday, did about 3 miles and about a mile yesterday. They just wouldn't hold up for a long walk. I've decided to take a week off, no running or walking at all and see where I am next week. If they are better I'm going to try running again but this time much much slower. I was trying to run too fast the first day out. I'm going to ride my exercise bike though, it isn't weight bearing so it won't hurt my knees.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:21 AM   #9  
Losin It For GOOD!

This morning I did:
my rotator cuff exercises (with 5 lb dumbbells)
25 normal crunches (with lower legs bent at 90 degrees and resting on my exercise ball)
20 side crunches in each direction in same position as above
20 crunches "airborne" (back resting on exercise ball with legs at 90 degrees, your shoulders, neck and head are "in the air")

I'm planning to go rollerblading tonight, my legs are a lot better today.

BTW Nasus-
I have come to the conclusion after REALLY reading a lot of articles yesterday online and in WW magazines that my trainer was WAYYYY off with a lot of things she said. I think that I can chalk it off to no experience with overweight people who are JUST starting again. It was my first appointment with her, and I doubt I'll go back with her again. She was trying really hard to push me. I could lift the 130 lbs. I did 2 sets of 10 reps each. but just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. I also think she was off with the cardio too. Obviously its good to do cardio, but she was pushing for "you need to go more than 45 minutes to burn fat" which just isn't true. HOWEVER, I do want to say that she gave me some EXCELLENT rotator cuff exercises, which have really helped me already.

My legs feel better today. Thanks for the stretch tip, it REALLY helped. I'm planning to go rollerblading tonight, and back to the gym tomorrow for 30 minutes of cardio, and 30 minutes of weights, avoiding any leg machines.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:16 PM   #10  
Devilish Debutante

I train to muscle failure every single time I train. Muscle failure. In other words, I push myself to my physical limits. I do have a trainer, and I do train on machines with perfect form. I only train 1-2 times a week. Can't judge your trainer, but training hard gets results.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:26 PM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

This was not a good situation - I agree of training to physical limits, but if you are pushed to the point that you cannot walk or even sit still without excruciating pain (a 20 on a scale of 1-10) its definately too much. (we'll just put it this way. My inner thighs were what hurt.. and if my husband had even come NEAR me with something in mind, I would have thrown him across the room. There was NO way I could open my legs past about 5 degrees without agony.) I know that when I went to the gym EVERY day I would max train myself, but that was after the muscles had a chance to get used to the motions, the weight, etc. I definately didn't start out doing max reps.

My husband is a gym-addict, and has the body to show for it as well, and agrees with me.
Old 04-10-2002, 04:48 PM   #12  

Mon: walked 4 miles
Tues: walked 4 miles
Wed: walked 2 miles

at 31 miles for April
Goal: 90-100 miles
Old 04-10-2002, 05:22 PM   #13  
It's been so long...

Hells Belle... where the **** ya been?? lol.... Beth Anne, my theory on the whole thing is do what feels good to you... I, for one, love that achy feeling, I so can't wait to start this training with hubby, because I live for that totally worked out feeling, but if you feel it's too much for you, slow it down, and slip into it easy :-) we'll all get there, if we work at it, no matter the route we take

OK, for me, so far, walked with hubby and baby, as usual, gonna do Crunch Cardio Groove when baby goes to sleep, and probably lower body work, and when hubby get's up, we're going to do a mini session, with the upper body work he's supposed to do twice daily... while he's working 12's, we're doing it once a day, Friday, we're planning a full scale, all out workout, going to take advantage of all our hills and mountains... (pray for me, been a while since I've done a lot of that stuff...LOL)
Old 04-11-2002, 08:38 AM   #14  
Losin It For GOOD!

Well I faced my demons this morning, and climbed back on that evil machine that I hurt myself on on Monday. (Hip Adductor)
I am proud to report that I did 1 set of 60, 1 set of 70, and 1 set of 80, and I feel MUCH better. My legs were quite shakey afterwards, but it stopped soon, rather than lasting ALL day like on monday. Now I have that nice "you worked out correctly" pain, which I actually enjoy. Lets me know I worked out.

Today - 10 minutes treadmill
30 minutes weights
10 minutes abs
5 minutes stretching
Old 04-11-2002, 10:31 AM   #15  

Wow. Guess I gotta get my butt movin and start working out. I've just started to walk again (my favorite). I am aiming for at least 2.5 miles a day. I am hoping to join the gym this week too, but unsure due to $. But if not, I will try my Tae Bo tapes again. I felt like a fool last time, couldn't keep up, but I'll try again and again if I must.

I want a trainer!!!! lol How much do they cost?
Closed Thread