Nsv - And Size Question.

• Hi everybody!

I have not been able to find this on any website yet so I am wondering if you all have seen one.

I am looking for an inches vs. pant size comparison.

That or an estimate weight / size.

I am 5'7 and just wondering how long it is going to take me to get into those next size down pants and when I should even bother trying them on and killing my happy mood about my NSV.

7 inches off my hips in a month and a half. I thought it was insane - but I have measured like 6 times and I keep coming up with the same figures.

haha .. get it... FIGURES? LOL.
  • If you go online to any clothing store, they usually have sizing charts that'll tell you what size waist their pants have at what sizes.

Edit: Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_standard_clothing_size
  • Congratulations on the inch reduction!!

The trouble with pant sizes is that they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The only way to know is to ask the company that produces your clothes.
  • Quote: If you go online to any clothing store, they usually have sizing charts that'll tell you what size waist their pants have at what sizes.

Edit: Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_standard_clothing_size
    Lol, we are even excluded in Wiki- format! No size 22 lol. ) I guess I am just an anomaly - or what we call it on the street - bookshelf ***.

Thank you haha.
  • When I was at a higher weight it would take about 20-25lb to lose a size. Now its more like 10lb.

The Wiki charts are interesting with the estimated weight for the sizes. I weigh 20lb more than the estimated weight for my measurements. I always thought I was heavy for my size. Many people ask me now how much more I want to lose - when I say 30-40lb no one can believe that I've got that much to lose and I think they are genuine.

Kitty
  • The best "size" guide I have found is my current pants. When there is about 3" more room in the waist and hips...I'm ready for another size!

Kitty, it is interesting that your sizes were slower at first. I'm down almost 30 pounds, but three sizes in Caslon pants. (Okay, those 16s are still a little tight, but wearable definitely). I've been assuming that from here on out it would take more pounds to change sizes!
  • Comparing me with you:

I'm the same height as you and when I was your weight, I wore a 26W pant.

Now I'm 50 pounds less and fit in a loose 20 Regular from Eddie Bauer and a tight 18 Regular from Sears.

I think pant size depends on where you carry your weight. I carry most of mine in my belly, hence, the large size.
  • Me:

At 278 pounds (and 5'6") I was wearing a 26/28 pants and 3x tops.

Now (222 pounds) I am in size 18 jeans and 14/16 tops.
  • Quote: Comparing me with you:

I'm the same height as you and when I was your weight, I wore a 26W pant.

Now I'm 50 pounds less and fit in a loose 20 Regular from Eddie Bauer and a tight 18 Regular from Sears.

I think pant size depends on where you carry your weight. I carry most of mine in my belly, hence, the large size.
    I have been in a size 22 for like... evevevevevevever! Mine is all toosh. Like seriously... I have more bum that a girl could ever want. Baby got back was written about me.

I just think I am gonna have to lose 50 pounds to hit size 20.

I never had a stomach really in the past - but since the weight gain started i have a gut. I actually just posted a blog about what happens when you put pants that are too tight on and your stomach budges over the tops... oh glorious muffin top I can NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU DON'T EXIST.
  • Quote: When I was at a higher weight it would take about 20-25lb to lose a size. Now its more like 10lb.

The Wiki charts are interesting with the estimated weight for the sizes. I weigh 20lb more than the estimated weight for my measurements. I always thought I was heavy for my size. Many people ask me now how much more I want to lose - when I say 30-40lb no one can believe that I've got that much to lose and I think they are genuine.

Kitty
    I'm the same way.
    I stand at 5'3'' and 240 lbs...no one would believe me, even if I had the balls to tell them. My SO is 5'11'' and 210 and could easily stand to lose 20 lbs (he has the beer belly thing going on) and he doesn't believe that I am anywhere near his weight. I am "only" a size 16/18, and my fat is pretty evenly distributed.

HOWEVER...sometimes that makes me feel like Im "not that fat" and hinders my progress