3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 09-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #31

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I've found that it is true that those who see us all the time don't notice the weight loss. They ask if I've been losing weight, like they are a little unsure about it. I've lost it gradually so some tell me that I look younger. I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in six months or so yesterday and she kept telling me how fabulous I look. It's funny that people say that because I remember how awful I felt at this weight on my way up the scale. On the way down I just feel better and better. Of course there are the days I feel yucky and still so big, but most of the time it feels so much better. I haven't been brave enough to have pictures taken, but the other day I was taking a picture of a cake in front of a window. My reflection shows in the window along with a few other people that were standing around and I had to really look to see which one was me. I'm not the largest one anymore

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins... Not through strength, but through Persistence.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #32
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

yesterday i took a long walk with my hubby at the river- then i worked out on the recumbent bike at home- and i broke all my records! went up in time, level of intensity and the amount of miles! All after having already gotten in what I would have previously considered exercise! it felt really good.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #33
Tammy73

S/C/G: 254/215/145

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday I was going through some clothes in my closet that I haven't worn in a few years. I found a pair of size 18 jeans and thought I'd try them on.
I was mentally bracing myself for the fact that they may still be too snug, but to my overwhelming surprise they fit really well.
It was a very exciting day for me!!

LONG TERM GOAL:

SHORT TERM GOAL:
Tammy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #34

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Good work ladies! Lizziep, Im so jealous. I keep waiting for that "exercise is FUN " mentality to hit me, and it just never has. Not as long as there is a couch that I could be sitting on.

My NSV is that I had a business lunch yesterday at an upscale cafe - you know the type, where there are 5 things on the lunch menu, outrageously priced, and you should be HONORED that they are deigning to even offer you those 5 items. Anyway, I was able to pick around and not eat the yummy yeast roll and uppity potato salad. And when 2 folks got dessert and (rudely , I thought) made a big deal about everyone having some, I ate 1 bite of chocolate lava cake. And stopped. Even tho there were about 5 more bites dumped on my plate. That would have been delicious. But I stopped. Woo-hoo!

pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #35

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

I went to see an orthopedist for the pain in my foot (which isn't going away, dammit) and he didn't tell me that losing weight would help fix it. In fact, he didn't mention my weight at all! This is a doctor I haven't seen before, so it's not like he knows I'm losing. Maybe he just doesn't mention weight to anybody, but it's the first time I've been to an orthopedist who hasn't given me the weight loss speech. It was only afterwards, when I wasn't feeling a little bit annoyed and angry, that I realized how good it felt to simply be treated.

Lisa

My Progress Pics ---My Blog
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 AM   #36
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

Good for you Lisa! I just finally switched doctors after a couple of years of being treated like crap by mine. Not EVERY ailment I have can be cured by gastric bypass thank you very much!

I have noticed that I have been getting a lot of compliments lately on my new hair style. It's not really anything to do with my weight loss attempts or anything, but I think feeling better and taking better care of myself is showing to people. I'll take it!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #37
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

My favorite jeans don't fit anymore...they are WAY too big!!!! Good thing I have been doing some bargain shopping lately, I'll have to pick a new pair to be my 'favorite'!!!!!

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going...the road to success is never an easy one. Stay strong and focused on your journey.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #38

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
Good for you Lisa! I just finally switched doctors after a couple of years of being treated like crap by mine. Not EVERY ailment I have can be cured by gastric bypass thank you very much!
Wow...so I'm not the only one that's happened to?? I was sick with a bad chest cold around the beginning of the year, and wound up at one of those clinics that are inside pharmacies. (My doctor was too swamped to get into.) Yeah, her diagnosis was that I was morbidly obese and needed a gastric bypass. And THEN...she kept calling me for weeks to check up on me to see if I'd discussed it with my doctor. Geez...
Old 09-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #39

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Several weeks ago I pulled out my smaller-sized clothes, and tried them on. I could get into my size-24 jeans, but couldn't zip them. I tried them on again last night....and they zipped up!! And...a month or so ago I started wearing a pair of pants that I loved but had been too small for a long time. Now they're baggy and soon I'll have to stop wearing them.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #40
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

First off..congrats to all on your victories!

Monday was our first staff meeting of the year. The person who was responsible for "treats" supplied CHEESE and CRACKERS! I LOVE c and c...more than chocolate, more that life. I didn't have one morsel of them, I had my melon and yogurt that I hadn't had the chance to eat for lunch.

I passed up C and C...that is a huge NSV for me!

"Old ain't no place for sissies" Bette Davis
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:53 AM   #41
Bikini Season :)

my bf asked me to run to jack in the box and get him an oreo cookie shake, so i did. i went to the drive through at 9pm (prime binge hour for me) got his oreo shake - nothing else and came straight home!!!!
he had his oreo shake, i ate the cherry and had a 15cal otterpop instead!!!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #42
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I did not buy ice cream when I went to the grocery store last night, even though I wanted to stress binge. Instead I stuck to my list and then went home and walked the dog.

This morning I am wearing a 12/14 shirt. I'm still firmly on the 14 side of that 12/14, but that's okay. Gosh, I don't think I've worn anything with the number 12 printed in it in...ever.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #43
FB

I'm still super stoked about shopping in the 'normal' (dumb definition) sized section.
Anyhow, last night I picked up a few really cute size shirts...
They were sized medium/large in the junior's section. Yeah, the JUNIOR section. Wowie Zowie!
I'm almost 32 and that means I'm not a junior - but whatever - nothing's off limits to me!

Last edited by FB; 09-11-2008 at 09:33 AM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #44
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I am wearing a few summer shirts now that I had but did not like how they fit . I am feeling pretty good about that!!!!

Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:26 AM   #45
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Great job everyone!!!

Last night my dh was looking at a picture from my younger sis's wedding from several years ago. I was the matron on honor and was close to my heaviest weight. I thought I looked really nice--even at the time--fancy dress, hair and make up done, etc. Of course once I saw the pics, wasn't SO thrilled w/ how I looked...but anyway....dh looked at the pic from 'then' and looked at me now and told me how beautiful I was then and how beautiful I am now, but how much happier I look now. I looked at the pic and he's right--my smile is SO much brighter these days!!!

I love my dh SOOOO much!!!!

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going...the road to success is never an easy one. Stay strong and focused on your journey.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote