Confession time

• Ok guys. It is time I admit to myself and everyone else that I have not been doing well with my lifestyle changes lately. I have not been getting to the gym like I should and have slipped into some old eating habits. I have been frustrated and angry with myself. I have gained back 5 pounds so quickly that took SO LONG to lose. I just want to cry right now because I feel like I will never be successful at this. I still read here often but I am embarrassed to post here when I have fallen so hard. I am going change my ticker to make myself accountable and start posting again. Thank you for being here and listening.
  • Okay, now you have admitted it - now is time to change it. Change something, whether it is getting back to the gym, or fixing the eating. Make plans. I am a firm believer in writing out goals and plans. Having them in concrete makes them easier to follow.
    And you know, when you feel the most like running away from here and not posting - that is the time when you need to be here the most! Use the phenomenal support system that is available here. It has helped me more times than I can count.

• Kelleewl,

You can do this...it is incredibly discouraging to feel as though you have gone backwards (I am down only one of my regained pounds) but I try to think of these as "soft" pounds...still not solid and easier to get rid of than those old, hardened pounds I've been working on.

Congrats for having the courage to fess up and start to move on. I always make myself change my ticker on Mondays to reflect the "current" weight even when I don't want to. Otherwise as it gets farther from reality, so do I.
  • Thanks so much for your support guys. I am on plan so far today for food and while I won't be able to make it to the gym today, I will be working out at home and going for a long walk. I am going to take your advice and write my goals down. I know what they are in my head but it will be easier to follow if it is in writing. I think I need a break from the scale as well. I was getting frustrated because the scale was stuck and I think that is what derailed my plan. It was stupid to let it bother me because I started this journey at a tight, tight size 20 and now I am in mostly 16s. I am going to try to focus on health and how I feel overall instead of the number that doesn't mean much on the scale. I really appreciate you guys being here.
  • I totally feel for you!! I JUST blogged about this very thing and I just changed my ticker up 11 pounds. It sucks. But we have to use this as motivation not to let it go on any longer. You did the brave thing by coming and letting us know what's going on, and now you have all this support of people who truly want to see you succeed. Those five pounds will be history in no time. We're all in this together.
  • I think that you are both doing great -- YOU are getting a grip on the weight gain before it becomes out of control--

When I began this plan I went to my doctor who looked at my records and explained that I only gained 1-2 pounds a month for years-- resulting in being 5' 2'' and 260 pounds--

5 pounds even 11 pounds is hard but owning it and getting on plan and setting yourself up to accomplish you goal is great--

GOOD LUCK
  • This journey is tough! But, as long as you keep trying, you're a winner.
  • I am so glad you posted. We have no judgement here - if you are struggling and put some weight back on. . . . We have all been in that situation. Start posting again and trying to work your plan. Just one day at a time. Yesterday is over - tomorrow isn't here yet. We just have today - that's what's real.

We are here for you.