What a great idea for a thread!! This should really put things in perspective.
There are SO many things that I'm grateful for... Hmm...
1. All the people in my life--friends, family, all you 3FC-ers (!), employers, neighbors, etc. I'm so lucky that my life has always been full of love and friendship. There's no way I could survive life if I were totally isolated from human interaction. I NEED people! Ha. My best friends are always there for me and I wouldn't change them for the world. I'm especially grateful for my siblings--I am so close with them and I love feeling that there are two people in the world who really, truly get me. That's so hard to come by! Also my dad--the older I get, the more I realize that I'm just like him, and I love it. Heck, I can even be grateful for my mom because knowing that she wants me to fail really motivates me to want to succeed!
2. Like spoz, a working body and mind that makes it possible for me to lose weight (I read that and thought... Yeah!
Though weight loss is all about the body, I'm especially thankful for my brain. It's gotten me so many places in life and I know I can always count on it.
3. My school. I have so much school pride it's ridiculous--I truly believe that I'm at the best university in the world (University of Chicago!!
) and I love every minute of it. It's already helped me and changed me in so many ways, and that's just after one year! I'm so lucky to go there, and I can't believe that I still have 3 more years there. It's SO stressful and challenging, and pushes me to the occasional suicidal thought, but all in all it has been/will continue to be the most valuable experience of my life.
4. My voice. This is a bit of a selfish one, heh, but I do have a very good singing voice... Or at least I've been led to believe so. It makes me feel good to know that I have a real talent, and I love getting applause and having people tell me that I'm good, etc--just LOVE it. Also, it helped me get into an a cappella singing group at my school (one of my favorite
things about school), where I met my best friend! It brings me lots of joy.
5. My iPod, cell phone, laptop, digital camera, etc... Yes I am very dependent on technology! Hehe. I know they're just material possessions, but I'm sure as heck lucky to have them. Especially iPod--I'm a music NERD and have gone through a record player, a walkman, and a discman in the past... I am amazed at the fact that iPods even exist!
6. My pretty blue eyes. This is another selfish one, heh, but I LOVE them. For a great part of my life, they've been the only body part that I truly liked.
There are many more, but I've written too much already! Maybe I'll come back and add more. This was fun.