Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/Accountability/Daily Planning - Week of August 25 - August 31

Hi...here's a place where you can put your daily plan and/or menu. Want a place for some accountability? Here it is! Come here for a little chat and some extra support.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:40 AM   #2  

Hi chicks - I had a good day yesterday - stayed in my calorie range, drank my water, did my stretches, logged my food and meditated - I am so grateful. I had a couple pieces of DH's hard candy & counted them in (I wanted more!) - so, I will send those to the office with him today.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. This is the last of my 'foodie' week. They don't have a menu online - but, I called them and asked if they had anything 'healthy' there to eat. After a long pause - the person said "We can figure something out." At least there's something I can put together!

breakfast - boca bacon, pnb toast, peach
snack - latte
lunch -turkey and lite cheese sandwich, open face, zucchini and parm
snack - ff cottage cheese and pear
snack - lettuce salad with vinegarette before we go out to dinner
dinner - grilled chicken or fish, salad, bread
snack - I'll see how many calories are left

lots of water today
meditation
log food
stretches
PMA

Schmoodle - Good for you and your close tracking lately. I am glad that you have new incite into your daily 'living with food'. What a good idea. Did you have the crabs?

Ginger - great job on all that walking, produce and portion control. Count in the goodies and carry on.

MJ - how was your weekend? Hope the family didn't drive you crazy. Any good shopping?

Rhonda - how are you feeling? - hope your sinus' are better.

Shout out to sunshine, slashnl, lyn, mollymom and anyone else to that stops by.

Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-25-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I survived!! Ok, so THAT was a little dramatic! Although dh and I have decided that maybe one overnight night is about our limit....anyway, it was ok. Saturday was great. I started the day with a nice long walk before it got super hot. Then I did some power shopping. I found some great deals--jeans at Old Navy for $12!!! I tried on a nice dark pair and was wearing a shirt that fit (not an old baggy shirt like I had been wearing), when I looked in the mirror, it was hard to believe it was me looking back! Nice ego boost! I know I have a long way to go, but it was nice to think I looked nice--especially in a fitting room mirror!!!! I found some great bargains at other stores too, so I am set for fall.

Saturday I stopped at the store and bought some nice healthy stuff for a salad. After a few snide comments, I actually felt like I had to defend 'why' I wanted to eat healthy, they got over it. Whatever. Like I said, one overnight might be the limit!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you are doing great! Good for you for calling ahead to the restaurant!!!

Ginger--I am sorry to hear about the gym membership issue. Money stuff can be so stressful. Great job on the walking!

Schmoodle--Gret job at the pot luck! Mmm, did you get to have some crabs? Wait, did that sound right?! You know what I mean!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!

I maintained this week and that's ok. I made the best choices I could this weekend--I didn't have a lot to choose from, unfortunately.....and I allowed myself a couple of glasses of wine.

Now, I can't wait until it gets cool enough to wear my new jeans!

Ok, I really need to get some coffee. Dh and I can go pick up the dogs soon--I have missed them like crazy!!! I haven't seem them since Friday, it's much too quiet around here w/ out them!!!

On a positive note, I got HUGE NSV's from one of dh's BIL's. He kept telling me how great I looked, asked me how I was doing it, after he found out that I exercise he asked what I do and how often--so that was really nice.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, just a quick stop by to plan out the day. Busy morning here with work and getting the kids off to the first day of school. The house is so quiet right now, it's fabulous, but I wish I could just go sit on the porch with my coffee and enjoy it! Alas, I've got to earn my keep.
My goal for the week is 7 green days in a row, and to get back to my exercising. I'm sure I can do it.
BeverlyJoy, enjoy dinner tonight and I know you will find something on plan!
mj, glad you got through the weekend okay, you probably really needed those glasses of wine! I tried to order some of those ON jeans online for the kids, but they were out of our sizes by the time I got there. That was a good deal! Glad you found some good stuff and congrats on the NSV.
Yes, my friend brough some crabs, but only a dozen, so just enough to whet my appetite for more! I think I will see if anyone's interested in getting a half bushel this weekend. We had shrimp and lots of veggies and stuff too, so I was on-plan and the kids had fun running around and enjoying the last of summer. I had to drag DS home at 8:15, give him a quick haircut and get him to be on time. He was totally in denial until I woke him this morning, then the depression set in...

so for today:
B: 2 hardboiled eggs, oatmeal bars, coffee with milk
S: faux chick-pea "tuna" salad
L: open-faced BLT, plum
S: latte, fat-free deli ham and cheese rollup
D: Grilled chicken breast, oven "fried" zucchini and eggplant, green salad with goddess dressing
S: my usual yogurt and fruit concoction. I am totally addicted to this now.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #5  

Hi chicks! Yesterday I did well - actually, I was under 1200 calories by a few (which isn't that good) But, one day is OK. (I am usually between 1200 - 1550) We went out to supper and I ordered a tomato salad with goat cheese and grilled asparagus. DH wanted to go to the Dairy Queen on the way home. So, I got a child's cone dipped in chocolate (190 calories). It was yummy. I drank my water, did my stretches, meditation, logged my food too.

I am so thrilled to say that I am down two pounds from last week. Gosh - I am getting close to my next mini goal of 189.

I got thru my challenging time of food mostly well. On to the next challenge. Going out of town for four days soon. I'll take it a day at a time.

Today:
getting my hair colored today
office work
storytelling at a senior center today

meditation
lots of water
log/journal food
stretches
PMA

breakfast - ff cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich, tomato slices
snack - lite cheese and pear
dinner - blt (boca bacon), green beans, corn
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, fruit, milk

MJ - sounds like a good weekend, really. So glad it went well. Ya know - maintaining after a big weekend away from your food 'comfort zone' is really good progress. Congrats on the NSV. I love dogs too...but, DH doesn't want one - scratch their ears and back from me.

Schmoodle - glad you enjoyed your crabs. Yummy. Yep...it's hard to get into the school frame of mind sometimes. Great plan! Carry on.

Have a good day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-26-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

I'm back....5 pounds heavier and ready to do this again. Phase 1, here I go! I went grocery shopping yesterday and I have no more excuses.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

We are having a hard time getting into our routine here. DS almost missed his bus this morning...twice! We were on time, but some kid told him the bus had already come so he came back home, then realized and had to run back for it. DD1 got up late for work, so was rushing around like a maniac. Just got DD2 off, she wanted to be early because she is doing the morning announcements this week. In the midst of it all, I did not get my shower, out of milk for coffee, and I noticed that everything in my basement freezer seems to be defrosting. And it is stuffed FULL. Oh, well, we will settle in soon. The rest of the day will be busy as well, work, errands, piano lessons, and committee meeting this evening.

Rhonda, we were wondering where you'd gone! Good to have you back. Back on the beach, I see!
Beverlyjoy, your salad sounds scrumptious! As does the ice cream cone. Entering a new decade is so exciting.

Okay accountability, green day #1 was yesterday, and I even didn't feel the need for my evening snack so I skipped it.
Today:
B: cottage cheese pancake with blueberries, green tea
S: BLT lettuce wrap
L: grilled chicken salad
S: latte, mock tuna salad with triscuits
D: Taco salad
S: Blueberry sundae
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning! It is gorgeous here today! I am going to take the dogs for a walk as soon as I get home. We are having some work done on our roof and they will probably still be working when I get home, so it will be good to stay away for a little while.

Beverlyjoy--Your dinner and desert last night sounds really yummy! I think you did a great job through your food 'challenge'! Thanks! Keep working on dh...that's what mine did and I finally caved, now I can't imagine not having one! I will do that, and rub their tummy too!

Rhonda--Yea you are back!

Schmoodle--Great job on green day #1!! You'll get back into your routine soon. I hate mornings like that, though. I can't imagine all of that stuff going on...some days I barely get myself out the door!

Have a great op day everyone!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys, it's the great disappearing Lyn!

I love reading your posts because it makes me want to do better, and actually PLAN my days so I can succeed.

MJ - in the past I had people hassling me about not eating desserts. Always pushing cake and crap on me. I found out that if I just tell them I do not LIKE chocolate it works great. When I am eating baked chicken or salad I tell them, "These are my favorite foods, they are so yummy!" That shuts them up and then there is nothing to defend!

I have to get more strict with my eating. I have been treading water all summer (mainly because DH is here but the marriage is over and it stresses me out) and I have GOT to crack down and lose some weight. He is leaving (permanently? not sure since he is being secretive) in about a week and a half and maybe things will get easier for me then, at least emotionally/eating-wise.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #10  

OK, I don't really feel like doing this today. But I need to. I do my best if I plan!!!

So...

Coffee - espresso, 1% milk and, choc syrup
Breakfast - 1 c. HBoO, 1% milk
Snack - Nectarine (I think there is one left. If not some other fruit.)
Lunch - Salad w/ salmon and light catalina
Snack - 1 sweet peppers and some cherry tomatoes
Dinner - Something with chicken baked... Some green beans and ??? I'm recipe surfing
Dessert - 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, homemade hot fudge (I'm PMSing so I'm being realisitic)
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #11  

Afternoon chicks!

Rhonda -I am so glad you posted! Life happens - food happens - weight happens and we carry on. You CAN do this. Good job on getting the right foods in the house!

Schmoodle - Hope your full freezer isn't on the fritz! Those first few days of school are always nuts. Good job on your good day! (a green day is good, right?)

MJ - walking the dogs is great exercise!

Hi to the reappearing Lyn! So glad you posted. So sorry about all the stress with your husband. Limbo is hard, transitions are hard. Take care of yourself and maybe do some deep breathing to help take the edge of the stress.

Momjeeps - glad to you posted your menu - it helps to put it down.

Hope everyone's day is going well!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-26-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #12  
mj5

Hi again! I cannot wait to get outside...it is gorgeous here today!

Lyn--So glad to see you back! Wow, that sounds really stressful. I am sorry you are going through that. Good idea w/ the commens from other people about food. I actually think it's funny. Unfortunately, the people making the comments are the ones who should be eating healthier themselves (I think someone asked if that might be the issue and they are exactly right!). I figure, whatever--if they don't like what I am eating, then don't eat it!

momjeeps--Good for you for planning, even when you don't want to!

Beverlyjoy--How did the haircolor turn out? I need to get mine done soon--a more "fall-ish look", but I need to wait and see if the work on our roof stays w/in the estimate or goes over. I am hoping for under, but we'll see!

Did I mention that I bought a couple of new bras this weekend? Not that you really needed to know that, but I did. I feel so much better w/ the 'girls' up where they are supposed to be! I should probably get a couple more and get rid of my old ones.....
Old 08-26-2008, 08:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

*waves at everyone*

Work has been really really crazy lately. We are short 2-3 people on staff and the rest of us are trying to make up for it. I'm so tired when I get home at night that I just want to sleep.

Weight's down three more pounds, though, but it's mainly due to stress and not having time to eat.

Hope you are all doing well! I've been thinking of you.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hey Vonavie! Your menu sounds good. Better than mine (hot dogs, UGH!!!!!! what is wrong with me??)

Darkblue, good to see you. Boy if stress made me lose weight I would be the size of a pea right now! But I hope your stress level goes down soon.

I sat down tonight and made myself a list of things I am going to accomplish tomorrow. Today was just a total waste. I sat and vegged out and had a junky dinner. Tomorrow I am going to make tacos for the kids, and I always have a nice big salad with a bit of taco meat on it for my dinner when they have tacos. I enjoy it. So now that I have THAT planned, I think it will be a success. The kids go back to school tomorrow. I hope it all goes okay.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:13 AM   #15  

Lyn, thanks! I pretty much stuck to the menu for the day. But I went a little overboard with the hot fudge. I tried though. I made a 1/2 batch. But next time I think I better make a 1/4 or 1/3 batch at most. I could Soooo tell I'm PMSing.

Planning is key for me!

I plan to meet you on a beach somewhere for a mini reward vacation some day Lyn!
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote