Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/Accountability/Daily Planning for week of August 18-24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi...here's a place where you can put your daily plan and/or menu. Want a place for some accountability? Here it is! Come here for a little chat and some extra support.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:20 AM   #2  

Hi chicks! Well - I made it thru the first day of my 'food crammed' week very well yesterday. I did well at the shower and also at our cookout. I am so grateful. The shower was lovely and the bride to be got some great gifts. I've decided that after 30 years of marriage, I think I'd like a shower too. LOL What fun!

Today there shouldn't be any outside food forces - just the normal daily ones!

I am working this morning.
meditation
lots of water
stretches and movement
log food
Positive Mental Attitude

breakfast - open face turkey sandwich on lite ww bread, mayo, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, melon, green beans with mushrooms, ak mak crackers
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, boca bacon, ICBINBS, spinach, tomatoes
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, raisins, skim milk

Ginger - great job on all that exercise. How's your back doing these days?

Schmoodle - It's wonderful that you've cooked and planned ahead for the weekd. Planning is key. When will DH be back (is it Japan where he is?)

Mj - shoulder is improving, thanks. We had fun Saturday night cooking out with the seniors - they LOVE a cookout. Size L - wow!!! That is a victory, friend.

Shout out to Rhonda, Lyn, Trazey, beachpotato, diane and anyone that stops by to read!

I hope everyone has a great ON PLAN day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-18-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I have a busy day at work today, but that's ok...it makes the day go faster that way! I am going to renew my gym membership too--I tried to Friday, but the person working at the desk didn't know how to do the memberships.

I am wearing my new perfume today (Tommy Girl). I would like to find a new scent (I've worn this one for quite a while), but that will be a future reward. Now I need to come up w/ a new reward! This is fun!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you! I agree, I think at a certain point we should be able to have another shower to replace all the stuff we 'need'...Glad to hear the shoulder is feeling better. I know a L!!! I'm telling you, when I can actually button it (it's SO close right now...) I am going to CELEBRATE!!!! I know it probably runs on the bigger side, but that's ok, I'll take it!!!

Yesterday I started going through my closet. I was able to pull out a stack of pants and some capris that are too big. What a great feeling!!!! Even better is the fact that I already have smaller sizes that fit (so I don't have to spend a lot of $ right now!) I didn't get to the shirts...I was getting tired, so that will be for another day. This weekend I will look for a couple more shirts--bargains, only! Just to spruce up the old wardrobe some more. Dh is thrilled b/c he will get his winter coat back. The past two years I have been wearing one of his coats which has been too big, but I haven't wanted to spend the $ on a new winter coat--I keep saying not until I get to my goal weight and then I will splurge on a really nice one. (I have a dress coat that I could wear, but for everyday to work and stuff, I was wearing his) Well, thanks to garage sales I have found a couple that fit now, so he can have his back. Now I just need to find some pretty gloves to go w/ them.

Wow, losing weight again is really feeding my shopping 'addiction' again....it's a good thing I am a BIG bargain shopper!!!!

Hi to everyone! Have a great OP day!

Last edited by mj5; 08-18-2008 at 08:56 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,
Accountability: I was not well-behaved last night, the munchies hit very hard. Fortunately there was not much in the house that was not on-plan for me, but I ate too much of those things, plus some granola I had gotten for the kids. I thought I was past TOM danger point, but guess not...
Monday is a fresh start!

Plan for today:
B: Lima beans and coffee with milk
S: Grape tomatoes, edamame, hard boiled egg
L: Veggie soup, plum, sugar free jello
S: latte, bean brownie
D: Mahi Mahi and ratatouille
S: fudgesicle

BeverlyJoy, congrats on getting through the first event intact! I like your idea, maybe a shower every ten years? DH WAS going to Japan, but he got all the way to Singapore, and they turned him around and sent him to pick up a ship in Norway. He emailed from the UK, and I think they're headed for the Med. He should be home in late November.

Enjoy your perfume mj! congratulations on all your clothes NSVs.

Happy Monday everybody, hope you are getting some beautiful weather like we are! Thinking of all the Florida chicks and wishing they make out okay with Fay. Not much to report here, work, the usual grind...
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

Today is a re-start day for me. The last week has not been a good one for me. I'm still battling this cold/sinus thing and it's kinda wearing me down. I've been turning to the food. Guess what? It doesn't help! The girls went back to school today and life will be a bit more structured. This is good for me and for staying on-plan.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #6  
mj5

Hi again! I cannot believe it, but completely forgot to weigh myself this am! Guess I was so excited about wearing my new perfume....oh well! I will do it tomorrow!

Schmoodle--Great attitude--fresh start Monday! We are getting nice weather too! Better enjoy it, while it's here!!

Rhonda--Sorry to hear you are still feeling under the weather. Structure is good for me too!

I just ran to the store during my break and found my next reward--some new eyeshadow. Really pretty fall-ish colors. Can't wait to use it!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

HI Ladies,

What was up with last night? It was exactly a binge night for me, but I certainly ate too much - too much chicken, too much salad, too much broccoli--then later I reheated two waffles DH had made for breakfast, srinkled a few choc. chips on them, heated them and scarfed them down. GEEZ, I really didn't need that.

Well, this morning I told the kids I needed exercise and I could either a) go on the treadmill and they could stay home and play, or b) we were all going out for a walk (they could take their bikes).

So we all ended up going for a walk around the neighborhood (which was great) and I'm home again...it's not quite the workout I would get from the treadmill, but it is a workout.

Okay, I gotta run, the kids got ahold of the hose.
Cheers, Ginger

***sorry I meant to write - it wasn'texactly a binge night....it could have been a lot worse.

Last edited by kissingginger; 08-18-2008 at 06:59 PM.
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #8  
mj5

Ginger--New day, fresh start, right?! It could have been MUCH worse. good for you for going for a walk--and for getting the kids involved!

No sticker for me today....I forgot to eat breakfast!!!! I cannot believe it! I was cleaning out my work bag and found a very warm container of yogurt...OOPS! I will NOT make that same mistake tomorrow!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

MJ5 - a big part of my plan and motivation is explaining to my kids (they are 4) that mommy NEEDS to exercise...and the more they can help me, the better off they and I will be. They want me to lose the weight although they can't verbalize it...but they do say things like "when you get rid of your squishy stuff can you ride your bike with us instead of walk?" (we use the term extra stuff instead of saying "fat")....but they do know what skinny is. It's hard with little kids. Another big motivation for me is for them to see me active. I want them to know me as the competitive person that I used to be (and deep down, still am) in terms of sports and ability.

So because I only got a walk in with my kids in the morning, I still did 60 minutes on the treadmill at dinner time (DH fed the kids leftovers). and then I helped put them to bed and read a book.

Girlygirl - hang in there....schedule is everything...I can't wait till my kids start preschool in just a few short weeks.!!

Hi Schmoodle, love seeing your daily plan menus.! Hi BeverlyJoy - happy monday!

Okay, I'm off,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:52 AM   #10  

Hi chicks! Yesterday was a good on plan day - I am grateful. I am happy to report that I am down one pound this week. That's four sticks of butter - gone!

Today is one of my food challenge days. I am working this morning. At lunch Mom and I are going to a fundraiser for her friend at Max and Erma's. I am going to have the Shrimp Stack Salad at 322 calories. Tonight is the Garden Club meeting. I'd like to save some calories to have a nibble of something...hopefully fruit.

For today
working in am
stretches and movement
lots of water
log food and food values
meditation
PMA

breakfast - 2 hard boiled egg whites, 1 ou. turkey breast, lite bread, mustard, melon, 2 tsp. almond butter on a spoon
lunch - Max and Erma's Shrimp Stack Salad (Plump shrimp, baby greens, fresh spinach, crunchy noodles, shredded carrot and pineapple tossed in our signature sweet 'n sour vinaigrette and stacked high up on a slice of pineapple- 322 calories, 12.5 fats, 20.5 protein, 33.5 carbs)
snack - turkey roll up and fruit
dinner - Toad in the Hole -2 ( grilled toast with egg white cooked in a hole in the bread made with a small cookie cutter), sliced tomatoes
snack - a thoughtful healthy choice at the Garden Club Meeting

Ginger - so glad you are having the kids be part of your exercise plan/motivation. They'd probably like it if you put on music and all dance! It's great. Sounds like you are determined - even with eating a little extra. Carry on!

MJ - it's been a LONG time since I forgot to eat a meal. Sorry you don't get your sticker. You are doing great! It's SO wonderful to be able to pull clothes out of the closet that are too big. Enjoy your perfume...you've earned it!!

HI Rhonda - gosh, you've been battling that cold/sinus for a long time. Hope it clears up soon. Life will be calmer when the kids are back in school. You CAN do this!!!

Schmoodle - Darn those munchies! Everyday is a new beginning - good plan -hop back on.

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-19-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:34 AM   #11  

Hi chicks, I had the blah-est Monday yesterday. I've had a nagging sinus headache for a couple of days, and no energy, no motivation, ick. Didn't get much done, but I DID stick to plan. Even though I thought about food way too much, I did not stray. So I get a green day, hooray!
Today:
B: oatmeal bars, hard boiled egg, coffee with ff half & half
S: edamame
L: Veggie soup, plum, sf jello
S: latte, bean brownie
D: leftovers for me - salmon, ratatouille, steamed broccoli, hoagies for the kids
S: 1/2 cup blueberries with Greek yogurt, agave nectar, and slivered almonds, my favorite "sundae"

Good luck today with your challenges, Beverlyjoy, you've got a good plan in place. I know you can do this! Congratulations on the pound!
mj, sorry no sticker, but at least it wasn't eating too much, right?
Ginger, it's great that you've got so much family support.
Rhonda, hope you are feeling better today and getting back into your groove.
Lyn, how was the weekend?
Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-19-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #12  

Schmoodle...good for you - pushing thru a blah day along with food thoughts galore. Big victory!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #13  
mj5

Good Morning! How is everyone today?

Ginger--What a great example to set for your kids!!! I'm sure it's hard w/ little ones, but SO worth it. Great job, keep it up!

Beverlyjoy--YIPPEE!! Another pound gone! I know you can be strong today! Breakfast is the one meal I struggle with--I will NOT forget it today!

Schmoodle--So sorry you felt icky yesterday. Hope today you feel much better! YEA for green!!! That's true, at least I didn't over-eat yesterday.

I am down 2lbs this week! YEA!!!!

My knee is really sore today. Stupid knee. I am planning on taking the dogs for a walk tonight after work, if it doesn't rain. If it is raining, I will go to the gym.

Ok, I need to get to work.

Have a great OP day!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #14  

Thanks chicks, I did feel better today and have been on-plan all day too. But I came back here to look at my plan for the day because I am HUNGRY and thought maybe I'd forgotten to eat something on my plan. But no, I just finished my sundae, and I actually had 2 bean brownies instead of one earlier, so I have eaten everything I planned to and more so it is tiime to STOP now. Maybe I'm hungry because my body is getting ready to drop some pounds, right? Okay, just had to talk it through. I'm going to get into my jammies now and if I am still thinking food in a bit I'll make some herb tea.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #15  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

I need to start posting in here because I am fed up with Fit Day and if I don't journal I will end up doing/eating all sorts of no no's!

Pre Gym (10;30)- 1/2 cup quinoa salad and leftover cold chicken breast

Post Gym - peach

Lunchish timish - LOTS of honeyrock melon with 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese

Snack - 1 square 70% chocolate with cranberries and almonds (yep one square...bought it last week and have managed ONE square a day)

Dinner - artic char, leftover ratatouille, spinach

I am trying to have a week with very little pasta, rice or bread..whole grains or not. I am trying to lose a bit more this week than in the past cause when I hit 235 I get to have a facial...plus that birthday is coming faster and faster

Gym: 1/2 hour treadmill, elevation 2.5 average speed 3.3
Weight training - machines and free

1 hour strolling around large department store. Tried on bras...let's not discuss how awful that was! How many calories does struggling with bras in tiny dressing room work off...or the sobbing in the car on the way home (well just kidding about the sobbing!)
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote