An Attitude of Gratitude

• I was thinking this morning that I do an awful lot of feeling sorry for myself sometimes. Instead of counting my blessings, I count my woes. I am a pretty lucky woman in many many ways. Looking at some of my files this morning I found this "poem". I don't remember where I got it, or who wrote it, but I think I should read it every morning. I hope others find this thread and read it as well, and think about its message:

Be Thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
    If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be Thankful when you don't know something
    It gives you an opportunity to learn.

Be Thankful for the difficult times.
    During those times you grow.

Be Thankful for your limitations
    because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be Thankful for each new challenge
    because it will build your strength and character.

Be Thankful for your mistakes
    They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be Thankful when you are tired and weary
    because it will mean you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
    A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also grateful for the setbacks.
    Gratitude can turn and negative into a positive.
    Find a whay to be thankful for your troubles
    and they can become your blessings.

I am blessed in so many ways. I have lovely home that is paid for, a good job, good friends, money for healthy food and am able to afford a gym. I have beautiful gardens and wonderful pets. I can still walk, I don't have a fatal disease. I have never gone to bed cold, hungry and scared wondering how I will get through another day. I give to food banks, not use them. I have never suffered physical abuse. I know where the women's shelter is, I have never had to cross its threshold. I live in a country where I am allowed freedoms as a woman, not live in fear of the men who run it. I can read. I can write. I have clean water on demand. I don't fear war on my doorstep. I am fat from too much food, my belly is not bloated from malnutrition. I had loving supportive parents who gave me every assistance they could to become the educated independent woman that I am today. I am free to express my opinions freely without fear of reprisals.

What are you grateful for today?
  • I was worrying about little things and being nervous about them, but you've given me some things to think about.
    I am blessed. I have a man who loves me, a DD who is sweet and healthy, a pretty house. I don't have to go to the food bank or roll change to pay the rent any more. I need to look at the big picture. Thank you, Mollymom.
  • I am thankful for the love, mercy and grace of Christ Jesus.
    I am thankful for my sweet hubby.
    I am thankful for my freedom..Go USA!
    I am thankful for that both of my parents are still with me.
    I am thankful that I own a home.
    I am thankful for my animals...one of god's biggest blessings to us.
    I am thankful I can walk, see, and hear.
    I am thankful for my dh's job that supports us...and all my "little indulgences."

GREAT thread!
  • Wow what a much needed reality slap in the face!
    I am thankful for:
    those in my life that love and accept me the way I am
    the ability to love those around me
    the ability to change my situation
    gainful employment
    the right to complain when gainful employment is driving me batty
    the right to speak my mind, even if my opinion is not the most popular
    one
    my education
    being expected to live up to my potential

amy
  • Grateful for a New Year
    I am glad I found my old post tonight. I had to read that message again. Things are so bad all over, everyone is so worried, I know there are some struggling to find one thing to be grateful about. We all have blessings, sometimes, it is just hard to find one. What are you grateful for.