3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   It's been 6 weeks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/149192-its-been-6-weeks.html)

Steelslady 08-15-2008 06:15 AM

It's been 6 weeks

It's been six weeks since I quit smoking. :carrot: I can't believe I did it, but I finally got the gumption up to just go cold turkey.

Now, I feel confident enough to get back to losing weight. Sadly, I gained a lot from quitting, but I knew that would be a temporary drawback. Better now than to lose all the weight and quit smoking after and gain it back, right? :D

So, my family has helped rise to the challenge. Most of them have 20 pounds to lose, with exception to my youngest daughter who has about 24 pounds to lose. So, we're going to challege one another- whoever gets to 20 pounds loss first (in my case, 50 pounds, because I am much heavier and have a lot more to lose than them) gets $25.00 to spend on themself. Second place, $20.00, third, $15.00, fourth place, $10.00. I'll probably get fifth place, at the rate things are going for me this year health wise, but hey, I'll take that $5.00 anyway. I've already lost 3 pounds the last couple of days, to which we started the challenge on Tuesday.

How is everyone doing? I've missed you all- however, this summer, I wanted to focus on quitting smoking, as anytime I would get on a roll to losing weight, I kept getting sick constantly from sinus infections and bronchitis. That's why I haven't been around this summer. Hopefully, I am on my way down the scale for good, and will join you all in supporting one another once again. :carrot:

gr8smyl99 08-15-2008 07:10 AM

CONGRATULATION!!!! You accomplished something incredible :) :) :) Be proud of yourself - and cut yourself some slack. Doing 1 difficult thing at a time is enough!! I know you'll succed at your weight loss, too!

JayEll 08-15-2008 07:57 AM

Hey Steelslady! :wave: I wondered where you went! Glad to see you back, and :congrat: on quitting!

Jay

Pandora123a 08-15-2008 08:59 AM

Quitting smoking is hard! Congratulations! When I quit I didn't think I saw any results, until I realized six months later that I could walk farther and faster than I used to be able to do.

Good work, you will succeed in weight loss as well.

fiberlover 08-15-2008 09:38 AM

:bravo:
That is awesome!

bargoo 08-15-2008 10:24 AM

Congratulations!

Sandi 08-15-2008 01:15 PM

That's awesome!!! Congratulations!! Glad to have you back!

Slashnl 08-15-2008 01:38 PM

So glad to see you back here. You've tackled one challenge and that was a tough one!!! Good for you and good luck on your next challenge.

everanderson 08-17-2008 11:55 PM

Congratulations!

Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your Family Challenge!

Mommysince21505 08-18-2008 11:11 PM

Way to go! I haven't ever smoked, but I know that it is hard just hearing from others that try. Good luck on your family challenge, keep us posted!