Old 08-17-2008, 12:44 AM   #31  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Relax, take a deep breath... and realize that chemistry is chemistry.

Sometimes it grows on you and sometimes it is just there but unfortunately when you might as well be kissing your sibling for all the feeling that comes with it... There is nothing you can do.

This is going to sound like I am a big ole ho but... I've kissed a lot of people. And let me tell you that some knocked my socks off, and some left me going "meh... I get better mouth action from a chocolate bar".

To be honest... IF it was too fast for you or you were getting all squicked out over him moving too fast it is entirely normal to not feel enticed by a kiss. Heck... The hottest man I have EVER met in my life kissed me (this is years ago but still remember it clearly) and I felt... *drum roll please* NOTHING. IT was like licking a stamp damn it!

Maybe it was the style of kiss... Maybe you need a bit more tease, and finesse to get you ready to be kissed. That soft touch of someones fingers grazing your cheek as they look in your eyes... Slowly moving in for the kiss that is as soft a whisper as a butterflies wings moving across your lips. Personally I like these kind and even typing that out makes me blush a bit... The dive bomb, all or nothing kind leave me going MEH! Even with the man who curls my toes regularly.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #32  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You know I used to think I was asexual for a long time. I know some people here said first kisses are aweful and I'm sure they can be. I don't think I've had a horrible first kiss, I'd probably say the first kiss with my husband was the best. We were both very nervous but it was slow and sweet.

There are a couple things and one of them could be is you just aren't attracted to the guy. Just because someone is good looking doesn't mean you would be attracted to him. I've worked with and known many good looking guys but I wouldn't have wanted to date them.

It may be worth having a third day and talking with the guy. If he is moving too quick, tell him.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #33  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

It doesn't take much for me to be completely turned off by a person and I've never regretted ending something "too soon" based of a hunch or a feeling. If he was over-all just giving you the heebie jeebies, I'd avoid his call. If it was just a case of weird nerves and still feeling eachother out to find what's acceptable and what's not, maybe he deserves another chance. Listen to that gut instinct Sorry it didn't work out so well - But at least you're back "out there"!! One huge leap forward!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #34  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I also agree with eskinomad. My friends used to say I was too picky (even at over 300 lbs) and I was easily turned off by guys but I was looking for specific things and I wouldn't settle for less. Chemistry is definitely part of those things but chemistry can build. (every serious relationship I've had, we've started out as friends with no thoughts of dating)

Don't worry about ending it 'too soon' but also try to see if you would want to give the guy a second chance or if its not worth it. There are other guys out there.

Last edited by nelie; 08-17-2008 at 12:21 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I also think there's two kinds of "no chemistry." No sparks, and neutrality is one thing, something could develop with time, and so you might consider just having fun and seeing if something sparks.

However, the other kind, is really "anti-chemistry." If a guy isn't just neutral to you, but "kinda creepy," or "bugs me for some reason," or irritating in any way, then I think that's a time to trust your gut feelings. You might be picking up on subtle cues that the guy is simply not right for you (or worse).

Last edited by kaplods; 08-17-2008 at 12:41 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I just don't know what to think. I feel awful for not having feelings that way for him, but I just don't. He just moved here about 7 weeks ago so he doesn't know many ppl. He seems like a nice guy, but I was and still am starting to think I would of had the same reaction with anyone. I'm not use to guys having those sort of feelings for me. I'm use to being "THE FRIEND" so it's strange to have someone show romantic feelings. I've also been weird of just showing feelings. I'm not a big hugger or anything like that. So, it was just such an extreme for me and I totally freaked. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #37  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Chemistry is nobody's fault, so no need to feel awful.

I think it's valid to tell him you want to spend more time together building friendship before you become too physical so that you feel comfortable together. If he respects you, I'd expect him to be willing to do that, you know?

I used to not be a very huggy person, either. Just didn't grow up that way. But I recognized that as something I didn't like about myself, so I started training myself to be more comfortable with physical contact. Touch someone (women, men, friends, whatever) on the arm, on the shoulder, very neutral, in passing. Build up to it.

There's a difference between not feeling sexual at the time or not feeling sexy and being asexual.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #38  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I just don't know what to think. I feel awful for not having feelings that way for him, but I just don't. He just moved here about 7 weeks ago so he doesn't know many ppl. He seems like a nice guy, but I was and still am starting to think I would of had the same reaction with anyone. I'm not use to guys having those sort of feelings for me. I'm use to being "THE FRIEND" so it's strange to have someone show romantic feelings. I've also been weird of just showing feelings. I'm not a big hugger or anything like that. So, it was just such an extreme for me and I totally freaked. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.
Perhaps you're playing a head-game on yourself? You don't think he "should" have feelings for you, like you're not worthy of it. But clearly you are! Maybe your negative self-belief is causing your disinterest.

Overall, you just seem really nervous and in your head a lot, to me. And that kind of thing often causes women to turn off, sexually.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMaiden View Post
Perhaps you're playing a head-game on yourself? You don't think he "should" have feelings for you, like you're not worthy of it. But clearly you are! Maybe your negative self-belief is causing your disinterest.

Overall, you just seem really nervous and in your head a lot, to me. And that kind of thing often causes women to turn off, sexually.

This could very well be part of it. It would explain why anyone I have had any real feelings for the last 3 years have lived 700 miles away. Seems "safer" to me? This guy is a great guy, but when he kissed me, I didn't feel like "oh, I like this, this is nice" I thought "omg, why and my head was just spinning" It's not something I'm use to at all! Guys being interested in me, that way. I'm so use to being the friend, that I think maybe I push guys away before I can get close to them to avoid them hurting me? Then I feel like I would of had this reaction with anyone! Not just him, which caused the "maybe I'm asexual" thought.

IDK....I'm just so confused over it all right now and not sure how to handle it.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #40  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Perhaps you have some root issues that are coming into play? Stuff from growing up or whatnot that you haven't fully addressed? I know there have been reasons for me to feel asexual and distant, and I needed help from a counselor to sort them out.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote