Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 02:42 PM   #1  

Default Inspiration for your journey

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried pitifully for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished by what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

I just wanted to share this with everyone. A friend sent it to me and I made a copy to carry with me.

We all have bad days. Days when we eat more than we should or don't drink enough water or don't get any exercise. Don't use these days as an excuse to give up and quit. Shake it off and take a step up.

Carol
Old 03-30-2002, 03:17 PM   #2  
diamondgeog

Default Well said

Great story...and bad, bad neighbors. I am in complete agreement every day isn't going to be perfect. The key is when you wake up it's today, not yesterday, not last year, not last century for that matter. YOU have control over what happens today. If you live in the present and learn from the past that is all you can do. It took me a good long while to do this even though I had heard it for years, but it can be done.

Larry

Old 03-30-2002, 08:22 PM   #3  

What an inspirational story! I'm going to share it with my family during Easter dinner tomorrow. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Happy Easter! (or just have a great weekend!)

Old 04-02-2002, 01:06 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Carol - Thanks so much for the story!! That is sooo the right attitude.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:09 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

You are right Carol what a wonderful story and so true for real life!
Closed Thread