Old 08-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

Red face I am Obese!!!

Last edited by Findmyself; 09-24-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

A lot of people here have had the same wake-up moment. But in reality, it didn't happen to any of us overnight. You got yourself into this over time and you are the one that can get yourself out.
Quote:
I feel I can cry, or just stop living.
Or you can start making healthy changes today that will improve your life immediately.
There is tons of support on this site, and lots of information about healthy eating plans. Just start reading and see what seems like a good fit for you. In the meantime, no more takeaway, start eating more fruit and veggies, drink water every day, and start exercising. It's going to be okay. You can do this!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Snoozle - I can remember feeling like you do now. I am sorry you are feeling so low.

You can make changes - look around the forums. There are many plans. Look for one that fits with your lifestyle. There are no quick fixes that last.

Something that has helped me along my journey is meditation. I know it sounds hokey - but, it helps smooth the edges of emotions and helps alot. Tapes can be found online. Or even do some deep breathing when you feel so stressed.

Glad glad you found 3FC!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Snoozle,

You are singing from my old song book. I had to look at the signature a couple of times to make sure that I didn't write that post!

I am a HUGE fan of this forum. I would have given up weeks ago if it had not been from the advice and support that I found here.

Once you decide on a plan...make sure you visit every day. Post often and read some of the amazing stories. Don't be afraid to reach out when you struggle or faulter. You will find many who have had the same experience who will be happy to share how they got through it.

Good luck!

D

Last edited by djay; 08-03-2008 at 10:28 AM.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hello! We have all felt horrified when seeing ourselves at our highest weights and put so much blame on ourselves. Use this forum as a tool - go into the goal thread and look at what other people on this site have achieved. It is so possible for you to do this and you will get so much support here at 3FC
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

You are in the right place to make some changes. I know it feels impossible now, but you CAN fix this. You can get back down to a safe BMI. And although the stretch marks *seem* terrible, remember that most women, fat or not, do have stretch marks if they ever have children. They do fade over time and sometimes you can't really notice them anymore. And lots of women with stretch marks do wear swimsuits, and I am sure you will again too. You will feel so much better about yourself when you are eating healthy and doing something about your weight. Just get started and don't give up. You can reach your goal!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

The rock bottom part is the hardest thing. You can now make the decision to be healthy, and here is a great community to give you all the help and support that you could want!

Last edited by fiberlover; 08-03-2008 at 12:35 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/224/140

Height: 5'2"

Snoozles, You are not alone my friend. I have also ordered several meals for myself and did the same trick of ordering several drinks so it would look like I was not ordering all that food for myself! So you are not alone at all. We are all here. We are all trying...being human, we all fail but we get back up and keep on. You can do it. Take small steps at first.
NeanieBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #9  

After reading your post, I went to find out what my bmi is to see if I'm over the danger zone. Without even realizing it, at first I plugged in 157 rather than 257 - 157 is overweight enough for me, and I guess I still can't fathom that I'm over 200. Well over 200. My bmi is 42.8 - much worse than yours.

I hit bottom at 150, and lost weight. I hit bottom again at 180. I lost weight, then hit bottom again at 200. I lost 40 pounds after that and yo-yo'd awhile before hitting bottom again at 250, but never lost much after that, and obviously gained more again.

Part of what I'm trying to say is that it could be worse. I'm also trying to say hang on to your losses as you achieve them. Part of what I'm trying to say is *cyberhugs* - you're not alone.
Elizabeth Isabelle is offline   Reply With Quote