Old 08-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #1  
Tammy73

S/C/G: 254/215/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm so excited!!

My weight loss process has been slow until the last 2 weeks.
I knew I wanted to lose weight, but I wasn't very committed to it.
The reality was, I didn't really have the motivation & I was afraid to do the work because I didn't really know where to begin. Looking at 100 lb weight
loss just seemed too daunting.
Then the best thing in the world happened to me. I went to a local amusement park and got in line for a ride that I have been excited about going on all summer. I finally got to the front of the line and got in the seat and they couldn't close the safety bar on me. They tried a few times but
it wouldn't close so they told me I had to get off. I was SOOOO embarrassed
and humiliated. I couldn't believe that I had let myself get to a point where
I was being kicked off a ride for being too large.
I immediately wanted to run and hide myself in the comfort of food. I wanted
to eat everything in sight, but I didn't. Something inside me finally clicked that day. I decided right then and there that I was going to do something about this weight loss. I decided I was finally willing to go to any length to get what I wanted and I wanted to lose weight.
I went to a local gym, paid for a membership and got a personal trainer and started my training two weeks ago.
I'm so excited to tell you all that as of today I'm down 11.5 lbs in 2 weeks.
I know that my weight loss will not continue like this, but I'm so happy about the decision I've made and the progress I am seeing.
I'm loving going to the gym and my trainer is very supportive and encouraging (while she completely kicks my butt into shape).
I have to say though, without this site I wouldn't have had half the encouragement and hope that I have right now. I read posts everyday and feel like you are all on this journey with me!
Thanks for being here & sharing your strength, struggles, hope, and determination.
Tammy
Tammy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! Stick with it and you will be rewarded.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Way to go, Tammy! I loved reading your post...it was full of energy! Like that chef says on t.v.: BAM! I also had a "rock bottom" moment. It was over Spring Break when I went to South Beach, FL w/ my hubby and 2 kids. We HAD to be out by the pool and I felt like a beached whale. Everyone seemed to be model thin and I felt like a complete fool. I got back and decided I'd had enough. That's not to say that I don't stumble here and there (mostly around TOM), but I get right back on and it's all working in the right direction! I'm very happy for you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Height: 5'5"

Wow...how cool! You're a great inspiration.
Redheaded I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Tammy, while reading your post I kept thinking when are we going to get to the point where something you would be excited about happens. I think that is wonderful that you were able to take that embarrassing situation and make it a turning point. Good luck on your journey; it sounds like you are really committed!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #6  

Kewl!!!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Tammy that's soooooooooooooooo great. It gives me hope to keep going .
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote