AUGUST NSV's

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
  • Yea! This was one of my favorite threads when I started posting here last month... Glad to see that it's back for this month.

My most recent NSV is that I've noticed some of my clothes fit me very differently. My pants all feel pretty loose/are on the verge of falling off--even the ones that used to be my "tightest" pair! I also recently tried on a shirt that I got for last Christmas, but never wear because it buttons up and it never fit very well. Guess what? It fit GREAT! I definitely wasn't expecting that, because I haven't seen much of a difference in my body (I'm mostly watching my progress by the scale, as unreliable as that can be!). It's good to see that it IS changing!
  • My NSV happened Friday at the gym. When I first started out, I could barely go five minutes on the elliptical before I was huffing and puffing and had to quit. But, on Friday I did 4 miles in 55 minutes and was way proud of myself! I want to be able to more miles in the same amount of time and I know if I keep this up, I can do it!
  • Today I tried on a large in a workout jacket I wanted... because there was no xl's left. and the L fit! I'm wearing it right now
  • Awesome guys!!

My NSV - SIZE 10!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I bought a pair of shorts and 2 pairs of jeans in size 10!!
  • No seat belt extender needed on this last trip to Mayo Clinic. (4 different airplanes!!!)
  • My NSV:

I have this neighbor who is somewhat overweight but she still looks pretty good. She is my age. I always have looked at her and thought, man, I wish I looked as good as her.

Well I saw her in the grocery store the other day. She said, Wow, you look great! What are you doing that's working? So I told her. She said she is also trying to lose a few pounds.

WHen she walked away I realized that I am no longer fatter than her. I bet we weigh within ten pounds of each other. Our body types look very similar now. That made me really smile because I know I look okay!
  • A friend haven't seen since I was at my heaviest a few months ago saw me yesterday and gave me the greatest compliment! It's so cool that it's actually noticeable to others
  • I got a new dress and it's NOT plus size!! I got it in an XL. This is first time in years I've been able to wear a regular size dress. Here it is:

http://www.casuallivingusa.com/defau...&sender=Casual

(sorry the price shows...I don't know how to post just the picture)

It's perfect for the bridal shower next in a couple of weeks and for performing.

Had to share!
  • Congratulations everyone! August is starting off great

Well, my NSV, I just ran 5 miles in 56:31 minutes. I usually run 3 miles every other day, but today I just went nuts and did it. I honestly don't know how I kept myself under the 12 minute mile average! Woooh!
  • Wow guys... AWESOME!!

I tried on a dress today that I wasn't able to even zip up by myself a month ago and had to suck it in for it to zip up, and I zipped it up today by myself!!
    It's a tiny sign of ever growing progress
  • My NSV is that I came back - and got back on track - and got through my first "on plan" day! And my next goal will be to make it through an entire week!!
  • OH...Great NSV this am...as I was getting ready for work this am, dh said, "there's my skinny wife" then he said, "really, I can really see that you have lost weight lately" He compliments me often, but he sounded so sincere. What a sweetie!
  • my jeans last night were just a tiny bit easier to put on.
  • Quote: OH...Great NSV this am...as I was getting ready for work this am, dh said, "there's my skinny wife" then he said, "really, I can really see that you have lost weight lately" He compliments me often, but he sounded so sincere. What a sweetie!
    how sweet!