Hi all - Newbie here

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all,
    I have been 'lurking' on this forum for a while. I am a bit shy! But it's time to jump in. I started a serious weight loss journey two years ago almost to the day. In about a year, I lost 96 lbs. (still about 40lbs from my goal) Then in the past year I gained about 30 of those lbs back. I realize that I can't do this on my own and need some help and support, so here I am. I can't gain that weight back. I just can't. (I can't, I can't, I won't!) It's wonderful to discover this website and all the support there is just waiting out there...once I was brave enough to actually post. Thanks to all of you for being there.
  • Welcome-

I am new too-- I found this site about a week ago- it has been a godsend to find people that I can relate to and understand my struggles.

I am glad you decided to join in.

Jen
  • Hi Neanie! Congratulations on your loss! You can go the rest of the way! I did the same thing you did, except I didn't get a grip before gaining back 94 lbs! I was going to Weight Watchers, and when I stopped going, I started gaining. So I've started over doing it on my own without meetings, but coming here makes the difference. Keep posting! You can do it!
  • Welcome to both of you!!
  • Hey guys, !!

NeanieBean, congratulations on your amazing weight loss, I mean really - 94 lbs!!! !! I find it SO much easier losing weight with all of the support and information here Honestly, this place is a godsend
  • Neeniebeanie - I could have written your story. I started 4 years ago, lost almost 80 pounds, went on a looooong plateau, then gained back 30. Got myself back in control a year ago.

Welcome to 3FC!!
  • Welcome!

Congrats are your wonderful weight loss

So glad you posted. You'll find lots of support, friendship, ideas and inspiration at this forum.
  • Welcome I myself am just getting back on track I am sure with hard work and the support of everyone on the board you will reach your goal and I will follow right behind you Enjoy your day.
  • Congrats on your amazing weightloss! That's Fabulous! ~~Post Often!
  • Welcome! 96 lbs lost is amazing. So you had a bump in the road and gained
    back 30 lbs, but you're here now and with all the help and support on this site I know you can do it.
    It's great to have you here!
  • Hi Neanie,

I can relate to being too shy to post. Losing 96 lbs. is incredible! It's great you are getting it back under control!
  • Welcome!
  • To all;
    Can I just say, wow I am absolutely overwhelmed by all of your support and replies to my posting. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I am so grateful to have found all of you. It makes me feel so much stronger already.
    (and to those of you out there who were too shy to post like I was, do it...you'll be amazed)
    Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
  • Lori,
    Thanks for sharing your story. It gives me hope..rather than beating myself up about this, I will just keep on keeping on.
    I am inspired by your sucess and journey! Thanks!
  • You make me feel so hopeful! Thanks