Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #1  
Keep on Walkin'

S/C/G: 320/*Ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

Talking Back After Baby #2!!

Its been forever and a day since I have posted on here! I miss this place!! I Have currently just had my baby girl on July 15 and I am ready to get back on the wagon! I had lost 30lbs previously then found out I was pregnant (yay!), but of course I gained it all back. Im now at 293 and ready to get back on track! I had my tubes tied, so no more worries about baby weight, no more excuses! If there is anyone in the SF bay area that wants to chat and be buddies let me know! Im so happy to be back here and hope to join in on the fun too! I did have a question as well for any ladies out there who have had a c-section, cause I did, and I am curious as to know when you started exercising again and how long you waited to do crunches and whatnot. I see my doc on Tuesday and Im definatly going to ask her, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any low key exercises that I could start out with that wont put too much strain on my incision site (lower abs). Good luck to all and stick with it! *hugs*
NiftyTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome back and congrats on your new baby! I'd wait until you go to the doctor's office before doing any exercises....or - give them a call and ask.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/178/145

Height: 5'4

Congrats on your new baby! Welcome back to the weight loss life! I've had three sons and three c-sections. Definitely wait for your six week postpartum check-up so your doc can make sure you're healing well. It was SUPER hard for me to do sit-ups again after I had the c=sections. I had all three back-to-back, within two years I had three sons. I'm just now getting to be able to do my reps of sit-ups without crying my way through it. It just depends on your body. Start out slowly, maybe with some stretching or Pilates to help re-gain control of your ab muscles. Just don't rush it, slow and steady wins the race! LOL Well, good luck and have fun with your new baby!
QueenBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back and congrats on the baby girl!

All 3 of my babies were born via c-section and I had to wait about 8 weeks (my last one I had to wait longer because of an infection in my incision area) before doing any sort of ab exercises. I would wait to start any exercises until after you have spoken to your Dr though.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. Congratulations on the new baby.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:15 AM   #6  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back and congrats on the new little one!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #7  

Welcome back and congrats on your new baby girl!!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-28-2008 at 11:40 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #8  
The Complete Newbie

S/C/G: 252/244.4/175

Height: 5"7'

Welcome back and congratulations on baby #2!

I'm just on my way to bed so I'll keep this short. However, I jumped the gun on the crunches and other stomach exercises after my first c-section and ended up with a hernia. It wasn't noticeable at first but once the weight started to come down it was very apparent, somewhat painful and definitely ugly. Thankfully it was repaired during my second c-section (and third and final baby).

Please - PLEASE! - take your time. Go for walks, focus more on the cardio as you begin to feel better and let your stomach heal. it's major surgery even if it is a common one. It's not worth a hernia or other complications. I got the green light this time once my stomach muscles had come back together and feeling more normal - about 5 months postpartum. I now have great abs underneath all this belly fat. Pilates have been great at giving me core strength again. It almost feels like I never had three ten pound babies! I would highly recommend pilates once you're able to do them. Until then enjoy your little one and do some stuff that's easier on the belly.

Wow... that was longer than I thought. I'm so long-winded! lol

Amanda
Maven of Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #9  

Welcome back!

Congrats on the new baby!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default c-section

I would definatly not do any ab workouts for probably atleast 8 weeks. I had a c-section as well last year and I was so sore I couldn't imagine working out for a while. Walking would be fine I would say by no aerobics or ab or weight lifting at this time. Let your body heal and get back to normal before you do any serious exercising.

Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Congrat's on you new baby .I would wait until I talked to my Dr. like the other have stated .
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Congratulations of the new little one!!

Welcome Back!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote