3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   TOM meet Willpower. Willpower, TOM (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/147147-tom-meet-willpower-willpower-tom.html)

Maven of Mayhem 07-23-2008 07:17 PM

TOM meet Willpower. Willpower, TOM

When I first joined a few weeks ago I heard rumblings about how TOM can wreak havoc on a woman's attempts at weight loss. Pshaw! I said to myself. That won't be me! I'll be just fine! I'm motivated and terribly good at this new lifestyle change!

Please tell that to the two low fat ice cream treats I had today and the half bag of baked chips I had yesterday. No amount of 'Just because they're low fat doesn't mean I can eat the whole freaking bag' self-talk made any difference. It was just me, the chips and the need to salty goodness.

Oh man. How do I get through this every month? What can I do to feed the salt and sweet cravings without putting a bunch of weight back on? :dizzy:

Hormonally yours,
Amanda

djay 07-23-2008 07:30 PM

Dill pickels and sugarfree Jello are my favs!

Don't let it knock you out of the game. Back on plan as of right now!

Good luck,

D

Sandi 07-23-2008 09:51 PM

Maybe instead of saying "nothing" you can find some healthy alternatives that will get you through.

Kae 07-24-2008 09:39 AM

Salty-- pickles, nuts
Sweet-- Fruit, lowfat pudding with lite cool whip, skim chocolate milk, or maybe something with honey

Or if you really want something where you can have a treat and it is portion controlled grab some of those 100 cal packs of snacks at the grocery store... ironically they are usually mixed in the cookie/cracker aisle.. so go on a full stomach. :)

Maven of Mayhem 07-24-2008 10:15 AM

Thanks everyone! Last night I had some popcorn (salty) and a small bowl of granola with fruit (sweet). Although it probably wasn't as 'low cal' as I would have liked, it was still significantly better than having a bunch of chips and ice cream. One small victory over TOM!

I love the food suggestions you've come up with. I'll definitely try some of them out. Lite cool whip and berries is definitely becoming a favourite for me, so perhaps I'll make sure to have that on hand.

This weight loss thing is definitely not cold turkey for me. I keep finding healthier and healthier alternatives to the things I like every day. Love it!

Star2Be 07-24-2008 01:55 PM

I know this sounds so, I dunno, old-fashioned, but I really love eating the different-flavored Quaker Oats rice cakes... They can be as low as 35 calories per cake, which isn't too bad. Personally I love the chocolate ones (with real - albeit tiny - chocolate chips! Only 60 cals per cake!) and white cheddar (I think 50 cals?).

Another sweet thing that I like to eat as an alternative to ice cream (or other cool treats) is tubes of Yoplait GoGurt--frozen! Lol, they come in lots of yummy flavors and it's about 70-80 calories per tube. Just stick a couple tubes in the freezer, and it's pretty easy to eat them by squeezing the bottom of the tube. They may not be the most nutritional thing you could ever eat, but they are definitely preferable to ice cream! Hehe.

Good luck with kicking those cravings! I'm in a similar boat as you; I started my plan about a week after my TOM, so it should be coming fairly soon. *gulp* Here's some :dust: for both of us! Heh.

PenChick 07-24-2008 05:07 PM

I love rice cakes...i'm actually eat one right now. Its an organic caramel corn rice cake by Lundberg and its 80 cal! I have to have my chocolate during TOM. So, i buy a bag of hershey's kisses and use the snack baggies. the bag divides into about 3 smaller bags. 3 months supply. And thats all the chocolate i am allowed for TOM's visit.