Old 07-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/216.6/140

Height: 5'6

Default Lower Tummy area?

hey!

I'm pretty new around here, but wanted to ask a question...

Most of my weight is below my belly button- like, over where my ovaries and stuff are, if that makes sense. I have A LOT of weight there and I hate it. It's more embarrassing to me than love handles or tummy... I know my mom has is and even when she lost a lot of weight she never lost that.

so my question is, do you guys have it? Do you know exercises that helps with it?
flutestarkiss9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Hello!! im new here also..but I have friends who use personal trainers and they say any belly fat has to be excercised using core methods...i guess you could check online and look up how to make your core stronger..good luck!!
kimspicez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

i would try pilates, my trainer and i did a lot of work with the transverse abdominal region which i think is what you are describing. reverse crunches, corkscrew (pilates move), leg lifts (lay on your back, lower your legs at the same time and use your abs to pull them back up), etc should all do the trick (obviously cardio is needed to but this will work the area at least). let me know if im way off here good luck!!
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #4  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I know that core escersizes def help to tone and build muscle in that area. However, for just losing the poundage and the fat.. regular cardio work will do it. It's just up to your body when it will start to melt away. Every body is different and losesin different parts and different times. It will go away soon. If mine has started to shrink, anyone's can! Just cardio cardio cardio and some toning work to boot!
I was doing the biggest loser cardio max dvd and I have seen mine start to shrink! good luck!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

That seems to be one of my "sticky" areas now. I have only recently started to see much improvement in that area, but now it is catching on. Everyone seems to have their own problem areas. If you keep slimming, eventually there will be no other place to reduce and you will see progress in that area too. Good luck!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/216.6/140

Height: 5'6

I hope so! Thanks guys! I know my mom never lost it when she got thin, so I'm looking for hope! I'll look at some core exercises also!
flutestarkiss9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #7  
The Complete Newbie

S/C/G: 252/244.4/175

Height: 5"7'

Hiya! A lot of my weight is also in the lower abdominal section (blame two cesareans, three ten pound babies and PCOS for mine!). I've been doing pilates since Christmas on a fairly regular basis and I've really noticed a difference. Not only that, but I have a new love for my tummy now that it's stronger. My back doesn't have to support all my weight and I have a lot more energy. Also, with some practice, pilates are so fun!

Good luck
Maven of Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven of Mayhem View Post
Hiya! A lot of my weight is also in the lower abdominal section (blame two cesareans, three ten pound babies and PCOS for mine!). I've been doing pilates since Christmas on a fairly regular basis and I've really noticed a difference. Not only that, but I have a new love for my tummy now that it's stronger. My back doesn't have to support all my weight and I have a lot more energy. Also, with some practice, pilates are so fun!

Good luck
Super advice! I've gotta look more into pilates Do you have any gettig started suggestions?:
Old 07-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #9  
The Complete Newbie

S/C/G: 252/244.4/175

Height: 5"7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Super advice! I've gotta look more into pilates Do you have any gettig started suggestions?:
My MIL gave me a kit from Stott Pilates. You can buy it at Chapters. It has two weighted balls (one for each hand) and a DVD called "Amazing Tone". I've since bought another DVD but I like this one the best. The weighed balls are fun to use and make the workout more interesting. I've gone from 1lb up to 4lbs and am thinking about using 5lbs soon. In the meantime I've lost weight in my upper arms, my back, butt, stomach... and more importantly I feel much stronger and healthier.

I try to do the DVD every two days, although my doctor said I could do 5-6 days a week now that it's not as challenging as it used to be. I'm going to get a couple more DVDs to do at home since getting to a class on a regular basis isn't feasible for me right now.

As for getting started tips, I would say that it takes a good two or three weeks to really start feeling the results, so it's important to stick to it. Now that I have some tone I don't want to stop doing the workouts which is motivational in itself! I worked hard to get this far! I would also invest in a good yoga mat - one that's extra long if possible so you don't have to always center yourself perfectly.

And there you have it. Baby's up, gotta go!
Maven of Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #10  

Thanks so much Maven! I will def check that dvd out!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #11  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I also really like Pilates for Dummies dvd. It has a beginner and intermediate workout.

Love pilates!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote