3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Q for the ladies... :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/146987-q-ladies.html)

bettyred 07-22-2008 01:32 AM

Q for the ladies... :)

Ok, this may seem silly, but the more I exercise the more I notice my *uhm* girls need more support- has anyone come across a GREAT bra that they just can't live without. It's more the jogging and the jumping jacks and jump rope sort of exercises that make me want to use duct tape- LOL

I saw the Butterfly bra from Ashley Stewart- but I dont think that will help with the exercising and most sport bras that I try- don't help.

Suggestions or tips desperately needed!! Thanks :)

JayEll 07-22-2008 06:36 AM

This thread has a long first post about buying sports bras:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...highlight=bras

Other posts on that thread recommend websites, etc.

Good luck! A supportive bra is really a necessity. :yes:

Jay

TJFitnessDiva 07-22-2008 09:44 AM

I use the cotton bras with no underwire from Lane Bryant....not technically sports bras but they fee like one :) They support them very well and cool to wear.

When I was younger and ran a lot I used to tape my breasts down with an ace bandage lol I also played soft ball & volleyball for school up until my first year of college.

GirlyGirlSebas 07-22-2008 10:51 AM

Bob Harper once said that the ladies on Biggest Loser would often double up on their bras....wear two sports bras at once. I tried it and it works! I hate to spend a lot of money on bras that I won't wear for long. Being able to buy less expensive bras and still getting the support I need is an awesome bonus for me.

sprklemajik 07-22-2008 10:52 AM

doubling sports bras work great

bettyred 07-22-2008 11:59 AM

Thanks Jay!! I so should have searched first! LOL

Tanee- I so almost used some extra hand wraps, basically an ace bandage but thicker LOL

Rhonda- Sprklemajik-- Doubling workd FABULOUSLY!!! And when you can find cotton sports bras for 3.50 at walmart- what more could you ask for!!!

I can not thank ya'll enough!! :)

Tai 07-22-2008 01:14 PM

Rhonda, thanks for the suggestion of doubling up on the sports bras! I would never have thought of this on my own. I'm going to try it today before hitting the treadmill!

S3 in LA 07-22-2008 05:42 PM

I use the Glamorise bras.. and also Moving Comfort. Yes, they are more expensive.. but they wick away moisture and keep the girls in their place. They also don't leave me with a uniboob. Uniboobs and shelves are bad. heh

Nori71 07-22-2008 06:16 PM

I also like Moving Comfort.

bettyred 07-22-2008 06:47 PM

I so hate uniboob- LOL Will be checking those brands out! :) hehe

flutestarkiss9 07-22-2008 07:22 PM

So if you use two, how to you decide which 2? Like one for tightness in the waist and one for shoulders? I mean, wearing two of the same bra wouldn't make sense...?
I have a couple sports bras that are comfy for being around the house- but I don't know if they would add any support to my nice sports bra.

bettyred 07-22-2008 08:41 PM

I used my cotton sports bra then an underwire sports bra lol Today I used my underwire one because its tighter, and the outer cotton sports bra tends to adjust easier lol I asked my sister and she uses a regular bra then a cotton sports bra lol

Pandora123a 07-23-2008 07:36 AM

GREAT sports bra

I wear a 40F, and no sports bra ever worked for me until now. I bought a Benden sports, the straps can be straight or crossed. (I always wear them crossed) and have fabulous support, comfortably. They have several styles, I wear the underwire and love it! Not cheap, ($65 at Intimacy which is a small lingerie chain) but absolutely worth it.

GirlyGirlSebas 07-23-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutestarkiss9 (Post 2281735)
So if you use two, how to you decide which 2? Like one for tightness in the waist and one for shoulders? I mean, wearing two of the same bra wouldn't make sense...?

My sports bras come from Walmart but are fairly well made. And, they are rated for heavy impact. I do wear two of the exact same kind and get tons of stability and support.

CandyKisses0204 07-23-2008 04:47 PM

Umm i think i will be trying the benden sports one. When i danced in highschool we had a lot of costumes that were backless and i had to duct tape them down. OWWWW. Now i wear a regular bra, 2 sports bras, and a tank w/buildt in bra and they still jiggle around. Stupid boobs