Back from the beach

• Howdy guys! I am finally back from my vacation at the beach. I really missed you guys and this forum. I was gone 5 days and gained 7 pounds, so I am working that off right now. If it isn't gone in a week I will change my ticker.

I see so many new posts and can't wait to get caught up on everyone. Hope there's lots of good news and lost pounds from everyone.

Remember my asking about what to do for a birthday cake? I was going to do a fruit thing. Well we ended up at the beach for my birthday. I didn't take much junk food but I let the kids pick one junk item and they picked those Oreo cakesters for their treat. They never had them before. So we took ONE cakester (which is pretty small) and put ONE candle in it at the beach and they sang happy birthday to me. And we split that cakester between me and the kids! LOL! So you can imagine, I got about 25 calories of "birthday cake." What a way to skip the cake and ice cream calories!!

We had a great time and I have pics I will be posting on my blog today or tomorrow.
  • I glad you had a such a good time at the beach. Also...what a wonderful 'cake treat'. I am happy it worked so well for you.

Happy Birthday Lyn - sounds like it was a day with many many smiles!

Glad you are giving yourself time to knock off the vacation weight. Sounds like a good plan.
  • I am glad you had a great time on your vacation!! Can't wait to see pics!!

What a cute idea about the cakester! I have had the same birthday cake every yearsince I was 10 (evil heath bar cake). I think this year, I'll still have my cake, but send the leftovers home with everyone else. (Hubby won't be happy, but it's MY birthday!)
  • Lyn, I am glad that you had a good vacation. What a cute thing you guys did for your birthday "cake". Happy late birthday! Glad that you are back!
  • Welcome back Lyn! I'm glad you and your kids had a nice time. That was very clever to have everyone share a cakester! Good job.
  • Welcome back, Lynn! Can't wait to see the pictures
  • Welcome back and happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a lovely time. The cake is too cute!
  • Welcome back, and great idea about the cake.
  • Hi Lyn, welcome back and late happy birthday! I am just back today from a week at the beach. It was just me and my kids too because DH is overseas at the moment. We had a great time, and I haven't weighed in yet but I'm sure there is some damage.