Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #1  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Default Gone but not forgotten

A few people have contacted me via myspace and asked for a friends request. I am very flattered that people are still noticing my posts here. I will honor any friends request, providing they mention they saw me here!

I have not been able to post here at 3fc for awhile.

1. My PC has taken a major crash. In my former lifestyle I was a computer geek. I have the knowledge to fix this, I just don't have the ooomph and/or time.

2. I work 2 jobs, and I take whatever (within reason) overtime is available. This simply means I am working 70-75 hrs a week. I still make time for the gym, although I can't go as often as I would like. When I do go (I am for 4 days a week, but usually get in 3) I will spend up to 3 hrs at a time working out. This is pure workout/cardio. NO BS'ing!

3. Within a week I am going to start studying to become a Personal Trainer. Thankfully, due to the nature of my jobs, I have plenty of time to study on the job.

The scale has been at a standstill since Oct (240lbs). HOWEVER this is due to muscle mass, as I am concentrating more on bodybuilding. I did experiment with Creatine, but this had an adverse reaction on my acid reflux, and I have recently stopped this. Creatine basically adds water to the muscles, thus creating water retention.

My goal is still to get down to 220lbs, 17% body fat by Thanksgiving of this year. This is also the time I will take my tests to become certified as a PT.

Again, thank you to all the support around here, this forum has been a great tool for my journey. I will check back from time to time (when I get to the library, my 120mhz Macintosh doesn't have the oomph to get on these sites).

I am going to be putting on a presentation at my local college tomorrow, I am going to be wearing 6 layers of clothing, and strip away to show certain highlights of my journey. It will be set to music, and I am hoping that there will be a recording done. I will definitely post back this week...or next...and report on the outcome (good or bad)! I will be doing a Q&A at the end. This presentation preparations has also been eating up at the little time I have.

Lastyl, I have a NSV. My ultimate goal was to fit into a size 36" pants. I have done that. My "wishful thinking" goal is to get down to a 32" - by Thanksgiving. This will oficially mean I lost 1/2 my size. BTW, 17% body fat = Fitness level.

Steven

P.S., if you haven't done so, check out my myspace. I included a bicep pose taken in May. I am very happy on how I am turning out. Hope to see you guys soon!
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Thanks for the update and best of luck with your presentation tomorrow!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey Fresno, it was great to hear from you. Sounds like you are doing splendidly and your new life is moving along beautifully.

I wish I could be there at your presentation. I'm sure everyone will be astounded by you.

Make sure to pop in every now and then and let us know how you're doing. Good luck with your Thanksgiving goal.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Good to hear from you! Have fun at the presentation tomorrow.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

That presentation sounds like fun! Wish I could see it! Are you going to have it taped?
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 AM   #6  

Just stopped by. In theory the presentation sounds fun, but when I did a dress up the other day at 7pm, it was 84 degrees. I'm gonna strip ASAP!

I have requested that his be taped, and the teacher has assured me that it will be. If this does happen, I would like to be able to find someone who would be able to upload this to youtube, so that I can include it in my myspace. And, I would hope that such a presentation would help my chances to get on Oprah (I still want skin removal, but I have learned to deal with it).

My next reply to this thread I will discuss my presentation.

The way this came about, was last year my friend...my personal trainer was taking a health class. She had asked me to come in for her finale and asked me to do a little talk. Talk about How, why, etc. She asked me to dress up in my fat clothes (which I did for Halloween, pics are pn myspace), and asked that I doa Q&A afterwards. The teacher emailed her last week. He stated that he was impressed with me, and wanted to know If I would be available to do that again. The 3 of us have been in communication. I not only agreed, but I told him that last time I just winged it, made up stuff on the fly. This time I created a full fledged production (last time it was my fat clothes over my new clothes). I have selected certain songs to be played while I am speaking.

I am going to emphasize, if I can do it, anyone can. I have been on my own the past 2 yrs. I dieted on my own, I worked out (with the exception of the sessions I had with a couple trainers) on my own. I work 70+ hours a week, and still find 10 hours for the gym. I will be presenting my montage, as well as my front page newspaper article (I still have about 10 copies left). I will be giving out my myspace, so people can read my blogs.

If I could help 1 person, then it would be all worth it.

Lastly, I am going to bring a "special guest." Well, she is going to bring me, as I need a ride! Anyways, this is a woman I work with. For the past few months we have been talking. She wanted me to help her lose 30lbs. Finally, last week I was able to offer her my own PT sessions. I trained her and her daughter for a few days, and gave her her own schedule. She knows a bit about me, and has seen my pics, but has never heard the whole story. She had asked to attend, the teacher gave his approval.

Before I speak, my PT friend will be giving a 15 min talk about health and fitness, and then I am to follow her. I am looking forward to this experience, I just wish it wasn't during the hottest part of the year!

Mental note to self, don't forget the deodorant! I don't know about staying hydrated, it would be difficult to pull down 6 pairs of pants to go to the potty
Old 07-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #7  

My Presentation:

This was only the 2nd time I did a public performance, the 1st time was in the same class room last year. I had my index card, I had a detailed outline. I had a plan. I rarely referred to the cards, but in hindsight I only mentioned about 85% of what I wanted to. I did give a 30 minute show. I was in hiding, until the teacher called me in. He told the class that I was a friend, I weighed 500 lbs, that I need help, etc. Don't laugh at me, as I am fragile.

I got an ovation as I entered. I basically talked about how I got the way I was, then I slowly started to strip. There was a definite wow type reaction as I started dropping layers of clothes. I forgot to bring my 32" shorts (my wishful thinking shorts), but that didnt deter me. I did the classic stretching out the old pants routine, and you could see the jaws drop.

After my friend gave her speech, I gave a 30min Q&A. A video was recorded of the evening. They will provide me a copy by the end of the week. I hope I can find someone who can upload that to youtube for me.

All in all, I had a blast, bought back weird memories. I would definitely do it again