Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #16  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I weigh first thingi n the morning...But NEVER nekkid!

My scale is positioned right in front of my refridgerator. I have a big window in the kitchen and I have never taken a poll...but I think the neighbors would prefer to see my 'stuff' covered!

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
I always weigh in the morning after potty if possible, before breakfast and getting dressed. But I don't think of myself as having a "weight" but as having a "weight range" I know my weight can vary up to 5 lbs in a day (sometimes more) and can vary from day to day due to fluids, etc. So a few weeks ago my weight range was 183 - 189. Now my weight range is 181 - 186, so I have lost about 2 lbs. This keeps me from going crazy over all the daily weight variations. Even though yesterday morning the scale said 184, I know that as long as my range is moving down, I am losing. The weight on my ticker is my weight on Saturday mornings, my official weigh in day, it is generally somewhere in the middle of my range. Does that make any sense to anyone but me? I guess I have a very complicated relationship with the scale!
I don't really "report" a weight range to people I talk to (not that I report my weight to people often), but on my spreadsheet, I do a light gray highlight over the boxes for the weights for the week (I weigh daily), so from week-to-week, I can see how my "weight range" changes. Sometimes that is more encouraging than the actual weigh in number
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

As soon as I get up and go pee, I strip down and weigh. Completely naked to see what *I* weigh.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #19  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I agree with the idea of being consistent. Think I'll stick with the current "Monday morning, no shoes, before breakfast" as my "official" weigh-in weight.

Pat
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/127/137

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

I weigh first thing in the morning with no shoes. I was weighing daily but starting to feel discouraged (you know, that immediate gratification thing again) and then yesturday I accidentally put on the wrong pair of shorts. I haven't been able to wear these shorts in forever and yesturday they buttoned comfortably. That was much better than any number on the scale I was obsessed with so I handed my scale to my husband and told him to hide it. I now only want to count what I weigh on my weigh in days and try to focus on boday changes instead.
kelleewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I weigh in the morning, after potty, with my shoes on (I need my orthotic - don't ever go shoeless). My own scale in is the only weight I count for the ticker. I weigh a couple times a month - sometimes, weekly.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I prefer naked first thing in the morning. As the clothes and shoes you wear will vary... it will make your weight vary. It's much easier to keep check of your progress being consistent with this method.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #23  
Silver Surfer

Well I’m certainly the odd one out. I can’t remember when I last weighed myself. I don’t have scales at home and I don’t like weighing myself every day. I think our weight goes up and down too much for that. I plan to weigh myself next time I’m in town, our chemist has scales. I was going to ask at the doctors but I couldn’t get up enough courage to ask the busy nurse to weigh me. If I was to take a guess I’d say I was around ten and a half to eleven stone. I’d like to lose one and a half to two stone.
Etta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #24  

I weigh only on the 1st of every month. 1st thing in the morning, after potty, nude. I used to drive myself nuts weighing more often and would get really discouraged if I didn't see a change or a big enough change in the scale.

So, it's only once a month for me. That's also what's on my tracker.
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #25  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etta View Post
Well I’m certainly the odd one out. I can’t remember when I last weighed myself. I don’t have scales at home and I don’t like weighing myself every day. I think our weight goes up and down too much for that. I plan to weigh myself next time I’m in town, our chemist has scales. I was going to ask at the doctors but I couldn’t get up enough courage to ask the busy nurse to weigh me. If I was to take a guess I’d say I was around ten and a half to eleven stone. I’d like to lose one and a half to two stone.
Oh jeez. They weigh me every time I go to the dr whether I want them to or not!

I usually weigh in at the gym, shoes off, pockets emptied, in the evenings. I'm not as tied to the number on the scale as I am about the way my clothes fit.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #26  
The Complete Newbie

S/C/G: 252/244.4/175

Height: 5"7'

I wake up, brush my teeth, go pee, strip down and weigh in. LOL

Ok, waaaaayyy too much infformation, but you asked!
Maven of Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm in a research study (unrelated to diabetes) and one of the things I learned from that is consistency. Same time, same scale. (scales vary several pounds.)

I too believe in relative weight. I am pretty sure my scale is light, but it is my "official" weight. When I go to the doctor I ask them to tell me the difference between the last time and this time...but never the number! Since I know it will be heavier (clothes, late in day, and different scale) I am happier not knowing.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

First thing in AM, nude.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote