Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #1  
Dori

S/C/G: 258.8/234/160

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Is being STRESSED OUT OT???

OK so I don't really know where to start...I have to get up at "Oh my God:30" to get to the airport to fly to Washington (state) for a Pop Warner meeting...I HATE TO FLY...have been having mini-panic attacks since Tuesday-ish...had to get the doc to perscribe some Xanax so I don't LOSE MY MIND, because I HATE TO FLY!!! SO..I am either NOT EATING anything or EATING too damn much!!!! I'm so frustrated...even though my calories balance out in the end my body is FREAKING OUT ..."Oh we're back to the 'Old ways'...'ok nevermind we're eating again' " and if getting on that God Forsaken Plane isn't bad enough....

K.C., my 16 year old son, has decided that the city ordained 11:00 curfew isn't for him...he wants to go to his friends houses at and beyond that time and "chill". He is leaving from his dad's house when Dad is sleeping and dad doesn't do a "bed check" before he goes to work sooooooooo all is well...except that K.C. doesn't understand the DANGER and TROUBLE he is putting himself into...I mean it's not like we live in Mayberry where no "bad stuff" happens. I don't know what to do or how to get through to him.

Then, if ALL OF THAT isn't enough, friends of ours stopped by tonight with a bottle of tequila and 2 bottles of champagne...that's AFTER a day of ALL THIS STRESS..let's just say that MOST of my calories today came from there!!! I am still in a deficit...and VERY HAPPY at the moment...but SHEESH!!!

I'm flying out in the am and won't be back til Monday....part of me doesn't want to eat AT ALL and the other part wants McDonlds and a Snickers

Last edited by Mommie27; 06-27-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Mommie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am so sorry to hear about all this going on, Mommie27. The one thing that gets me thru the really really stressful times is meditation. I know it may sound funny - but, it really helps. Try, at least, to take several deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed. Try that when you are ready to get on the plane.

There are good meditation CDs to buy online or probably at a bookstore, music store or a place like Whole Foods. Daily meditation has really helped me in the past year. Or - if you can find one before your flight - it might help when you are on the plane to get you thru it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Dori,

I've always thought that the proof that God exists lies in the fact that most children live to grow up! But eating (or drinking) will do nothing to change K.C.'s situation, and it won't even really make you feel better except in the very short run.

Meditation is a great idea. What else works for you in times of stress? This is a chance to learn some new coping mechanisms.

Hang in there, remind your body that your calories are balancing out and this is NOT the old ways. The flight will be over in an hour, the Snickers tend to hang around for weeks, at least on my body!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

God created teenagers so that mothers will let go!

When you are stressed, you can't listen to those 2 emotional extremes that are battling it out for attention. You have an unemotional, rational 3rd side. It doesn't even feel like you, different personality, different way of looking at things, detached. Look deep and it is there.

The 2 emotional extremes are part of who you are and why people are drawn to you, but that strange 3rd side can get you through what you have to do when you "can't" do it. Some call it depth, some call it strength but it is there if you need it.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote