I DID IT!!! and now my butt hurts!

• I've been going to the gym for almost 3 months now and every time I do cardio I ride the stationary bike. I had tried the crosstrainer back in April and after 5 minutes I thought I was going to DIE...it felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest, and I could hardly breath. My 12 year old, Robbie LOVES that machine and every time he comes to the gym with me he asks if we can do THAT one...I let him do it, but I have just been happy on the bike. WELL, last night I talked my 17 year old, Amanda into coming with me and when we walk in she says "I'm gonna go on that elliptical thing", pointing to the cross trainer. Well, OK! So I told her that I'd just do my 5 minutes on the torture contraption and then in my gasping near-death state I'd crawl to the bike section and finish up there. I hopped on and started my workout...30 minutes later I stepped off, no heart palpatations or wheezing or anything!!! and Amanda was SO proud of me!!! THAT is the BEST reward EVER!!!! Today my butt, thighs and arms are KILLING me...but in that OMG I did SUCH good WORK yesterday kinda feeling!!!
  • Rock on! That's awesome!

I did a mat pilates class today after my usual elliptical workout and I know what you mean about hurting! I can tell already that I'm going to be sore tomorrow - but in that good way.

Yay for both of us!

• Well done! I just wanted to hop in and say that because that, in my opinion, is a bigger deal than some numbers on a scale. You are getting healthier and that is just awsome!!!
  • That's amazing! Good for you - and I know what you mean about your daughter being proud of you. That's truly the best.
  • LOL @ The title!! Way to go, Dori!! You definitely deserve the dancing veggies!
  • Awesome girlie!!!

• I LOVE it!!! So glad you kept with it. YAY.