Old 06-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability/menu/planning - week of June 15 - 21...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #2  

Hi chicks - I had a wonderful weekend with family. The wedding was beautiful Friday, I stayed with my plan. Saturday, I did eat some extra. Sunday, I hopped right back on plan. I am grateful.

I loved spending all that time with my family. My fifteen month grandson is such a joy.

appointments

log food
stretches
ice/heat
PMA
meditation

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana

lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, green beans

snack - fruit

dinner - 12 pancake, soy bacon, sf syrup

snack - cereal, flax, raisins, milk

Merksie - remember, cleaning IS exercise!

Mj5 - glad you got back to the gym. I LOVE strawberry season too!

Sunshower - Welcome! Jump right in and start posting.

Darkblue - Hi - hope all is going well.

Math Puppy - so glad your partner is jumping in on the exercise bandwagon too. It makes it more doable and fun.

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-16-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #3  
started 1/28/08

Happy Monday everyone!

Here's my accountability report for last week (6/8-6/14):
Average daily calorie deficit: -708
Walked 5+ miles on 3 days; walked 3+ miles on 2 days
Weight loss: up 3 pounds

I know the fluctuation is probably some water retention from the heat and humidity, but I'm still so annoyed . . . it would have been really nice to see some results from week one back on plan. Oh well . . . when the going gets tough, the tough get going, and I'm going to get going to the park right now!

mathpuppy: the cruise sounds like great motivation to stick with those excellent exercise plans of yours . . . good luck with your next belt

mj5: so glad you had the chance to spend time with a friend just when you needed it most

bev: Yup, since I tend to procrastinate with the cleaning, there was a LOT to do ! Your weekend sounds wonderful . . . and kudos to you for staying on plan 2 out of 3 days!
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Beverlyjoy, congratulations on doing so well staying on plan. I'd call that a victory! Glad you had a nice time with your family.
Merksie, don't worry the scale will catch up with you. Just be patient, it's very hard sometimes when you feel like you are doing everything right and not getting results, but it happens to us all. Usually it's TOM, or too much salt, etc.
Hi mathpuppy, sorry nobody was around yesterday. It's good to see you back. The cruise sounds wonderful.
I had a pretty good, on-plan, productive and relaxing weekend. Just a couple of very minor slips. We had my folks over last night for a Father's Day BBQ, and I've got a bunch of grilled chicken in the fridge, so no cooking today, hooray! I am starting off the week on a sad note, as my brother and SIL have split up - after almost 20 years.

Okay, on to the plan:
B - 2 turkey bacon and egg cups, tomato juice
S - piece of cheese
L - 3 Bean Salad, some turkey breast, cream cheese, and veggie wrap
S - nonfat latte
D - Grilled chicken salad
S - Ricotta with strawberry rhubarb compote

BTW, in case anyone thinks I do a lot of snacking, well, I do! I always plan for three, but usually I skip either the morning or afternoon one, unless I am having a hungry day.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Merksie--Hang tough, like schmoodle said, the scale will catch up! How was the park?

Schmoodle--Yahoo for no cooking! Sorry to hear about your brother and sil.

I must be feeling better b/c I am actually looking forward to my trip to the gym tonight. It is really my time to unwind and I really need it. Plus, I have been really making an effort to divide up my To Do List at work (as best I can), rather than trying to conquer it all in one day.

Have a great on plan day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends

I am so sorry to report a 2lb gain for this week. I'm officially a mess diet-wise. My men...Hubby and Dad...have been giving me issues lately and I've turned to the food. I wish I could find my "switch" that would enable me to get control over my emotions and stressors and not let them control me. A friend has recommended I delve into Bob Harper's book, so I'm pulling it out again today and will work my way through it. I set-up my crockpot last night with my steelcut oats, so I'm starting off on the right foot today. Hubby has agreed to start walking with me again this evening. We may have our issues sometimes, but he's so great about exercising with me.

I'm struggling, but I've not given up.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

(oops...sorry...double post from the old thread--didn't see the upgrade in time!)

Math Puppy--it's been quiet around here lately. I guess a lot of people are just busy with summer plans. The fresh lettuce sounds wonderful! Orange belt? Wow. I barely made it to yellow in Tae Kwon Do years ago, and have an idea how much work that takes! Good luck! A cruise to Mexico sounds great, too. i've never been on one and would love to try it!

mj5--a girlfriend chat on a porch sounds like an ideal summer fun thing to do. *hugs* to you for missing your dad.

Beverly--sounds like you had a great weekend! Congrats on staying on plan!

Merksie--you're doing it "right." Hang in there--I'll bet you see a big loss this week!

Schmoodle--sad news about your family. Twenty years is a long time.

Rhonda--I think sometimes that men don't have a clue. *hugs* Thinking of you.

OK, must back on track today! I had a "vacation" day from my plan yesterday, since we took first my dad and then my DH out to eat.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #8  
mj5

Hi again!

Rhonda--I have been thinking about getting Bob's book. Do you think it's worth it? Sorry to hear you have been dealing w/ some stress. Have fun on your walk!

Darkblue--Good for you for getting right back on plan today! Thanks for the hugs!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:08 AM   #9  

Hi chicks...I had a good on plan day yesterday - I am grateful.

I had a good week last week - managed to do my programs with the help of my teen helper bringing in my 'stuff' to each school and center. The children and teachers were so pleased and I came right home and ice up.

For today:

one program this morning

ice/heat
stretches and chair aerobics
meditate
log food
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - Kashi waffle with peanut butter, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, sweet potato, veggies
snack - peach, crackers
dinner - grilled chicken, brown rice, green beans
snack - cereal, raisins, flax, milk

Merksie - sorry about the gain... it's just not fair when the scale doesn't show all the efforts are putting into living more healthfully and hard work. You have a great attitude.

Schmoodle - So glad you had a good weekend. Don't worry about the mini slip - hop right back into your plan. So sorry to hear about your brother and SIL.

MJ5 - it's wonderful that you are looking forward to the gym. I am so, so glad that you are starting to feel better!

Rhonda - sorry to hear that the guys are giving your issures. I know it sounds hokey - but, meditatoin, for me, has been so helpful in the past year for dealing with stress and how it affects my relationship with food.. I am so glad you are not giving up.

Dark blue - a vacation day is OK every now and then...life happens...just hope right back on. You CAN do this!

Have a great day, friends.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #10  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning. Here is my plan for the day.
9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
1 slice extra fiber bread
peanut butter

2pm-
1 slice extra fiber bread
BBQ roast
banana
beets

7-8pm-
same as 2pm
I offer up my fasting between meals in addition to my prayers, today I am fasting for baby Tyler James who came early and is not doing well.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! We are getting some cooler weather for the next couple days and I am loving it! I am on track for another on plan day today (yea!) Waiting for TOM to go away before I see what the scale says, though.

Beverlyjoy--YEA to another on plan day! Me too, doesn't it feel great?!

CatholicCajun--Welcome!

Tonights plan is arms/shoulders w/ weights and cardio at the gym. Looking forward to it again. Yesterday when I left work I was really tired, but by the time I got home after my workout, I was really energized!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

MJ - I'm not really sure about Bob's book yet. I've not gotten very far into it yet. I'll let you know what I think in the next week or so.

Well, some of you may have noticed that I've been a bit "grumpy" and negative lately. My glass has been 1/2 empty for quite a while now. I haven't been able to get back on track with the weight loss and I'm just disatisfied with my life in general. I've mentioned before that I struggle with depression, so I'm not sure why I'm fighting myself on this and trying to white knuckle my way through life right now. I finally got real with myself and admitted that I need to go back on some anti-depressants and get back on track. I called and made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow afternoon. Why is mental health such a taboo or difficult subject? I almost feel like I shouldn't even admit my depression here on the threads....as if I have something to be ashamed of. But, I've always been 100% honest about my journey and I see no reason to stop now. Who knows...maybe this will actually help someone else. That would be a silver lining!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #13  
mj5

Rhonda--I am so glad you made an appt for yourself! I know what you mean. Even working in the field and trying to help my residents deal w/ the stigma every day, I felt 'funny' admitting I needed help w/ my anxiety. Bottem line is, I do need help and it's ok! We deserve to feel good and if it takes some help w/ meds, then so be it!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #14  
started 1/28/08

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!

I did walk 5 miles in the park yesterday morning, but I spent the day/evening playing bridge & went out to dinner in between sessions. You all know by now that for me, restaurant meals and eating on plan just don't get along, so my calorie deficit for yesterday was a (not so) whopping -31. At that rate, it'd take me over 100 days to lose a single pound

I am meeting some friends for dinner out again tonight, so I'm going to head out for my walk shortly so at least I get my exercise in, and I'm going to try to limit the damage tonight. I have GOT to figure out a way to stay on plan when I'm eating out . . . or maybe become a hermit . . . a THIN hermit

Schmoodle -- a fridge full of grilled chicken - YUM! Sorry bout your bro/SIL.

mj5 -- glad to hear you're enjoying the gym and had another on-plan day - KUTGW!

Rhonda -- good for you for making that appointment - I hope the doctor helps. I'm having some relationship issues too at the moment, and I would love a good read on the emotional eating subject . . . what is Bob Harper's book/also looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you're finished.

Darkblue -- congrats on getting back on plan after your day off

Bev -- great job - KUTGW!
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Rhonda--I think it takes a lot of strength to be able to say out loud what your struggles are, and know what you need to do to work on them. *hugs* I'll be thinking of you, and hoping things start to look up.

CatholicCajun--Welcome!

Merksie--a five mile walk sounds like great exercise to me! Hanging out with friends is great--you're enjoying yourself and you're not gaining weight! A couple "maintainence" days are ok once in a while.

*waves at Beverly and mj5* Hope your days are going well so far!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote