I got this from a friend last year, just found it again. I looked up information to find out where it came from, my friend just had a pocket card with the mantra. I appears is was something through Richard Simmons (don't know if he wrote it, or just something from his program). I love it...it seems to help motivate me.
Project Me Passport
1. I admit I love food and I am addicted to it
2. My weight bothers me and I know it's not healthy
3. I am overweight for the most part because I overeat and don't exercise enough
4. I have blamed many people and many things for my fat but I must admit that I am to blame, I hold the fork
5. I forgive those who have made fun of me, judge me or put me down because of my weight
6. I forgive myself and forget about all the times I tried before
7. Today I will make time for myself, I will eat healthy and I will exercise
8. I will not ignore, hide from, or avoid food. I will face food and not lean on it
9. I realize food has no power and will never solve any of my problems-past, present and future
10. I will be patient with myself and will not become compulsive and obsessed with losing weight and exercising
11. If I didn't do great yesterday, i will try harder tomorrow
12. I will take a daily inventory and be truthful with myself
13. I know now there are no easy ways to do this. I know the only way to achieve my goal is through exercise, eating healthy, and staying motivated
14. I will use my sense of humor today, for it heals loneliness, depression, insecurity and boredom
15. This time I am doing this for me
16. I am a terrific person and I like myself right now, no matter what I weigh
17. The next time I have a craving for anything I know is fattening or I am tempted not to exercise, I will think about the new me, and I will be strong
18. I will take a look in the mirror and say, "I am going to have a great day!"
19. I have a very positive outlook about my life
20. I am going it! I am going all the way!
21. I am worth it