Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I will be strong....someone just came around w/ a bag of candy...I politely declined, content to sip my ice cold pink lemonade K2O drink. LOL...it reminds me of a commercial! But seriously, it's hard enough w/ all the other temptations (ie: the vending machine right next to the water cooler), but to walk down the hall w/ candy...not enough work to do maybe?!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #17  

Height: 5.6

I did pretty well today.......stayed on plan - I was pretty sore and it stayed throughout the day - I still went to the gym - but if I am this sore tomorrow - I am going to make tomorrow my off day .

MJ5 - Good job on staying strong - remember the vending machines are the devil.......LOL

Rhonda - You are definitely sounding powerful!!!

Molly - A month of Super Bowl parties - I cannot even imagine - You can do it! You have already identified the problem - you are half way there....

Schmoodle - you probably canceled out the pretzels with all of the swimming...your plan looks great!

Bev - 6 days in row - YOU ROCK!!

Merksie - That is one heck of a deficit - good job on the exercise too! Ask me anything you want about the salads - you can PM if you want.... I am on a Mediterranean kick right now and am really loving it - lots of fruits and veggies - combined in a way that is different than what I normally do - keeps me from going nuts....

Okay - we have one heck of storm - lots of lightning and the power has already flickered once. Take care everyone and keep on keeping on!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks - I had a good day on plan yesterday - I am so grateful. Finally....I showed a loss on the scale today - one pound. (4 sticks of butter - as they say in the other thread!)

working this morning - taking it easy after

the usual -
log food
meditation
lots of water
ice/heat/tens
stretches
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, crackers, steamed zucchini
snack - applesauce and lite cheese
dinner - spaghetti squash with pasta sauce, parm cheese, garlic bread, green bean salad
snack - oatmeal, raisins, flax, milk

Merskie - You are doing great! It's wonderful. Watch out for that heat.

Schmoodle - hope you made it to the pool to cool off. So glad you stayed on plan.

Mj5 - Two pounds down...YAY. Go girl. Good for you avoiding the candy! It's hard to stay away from so many temptations - but, you did and that's wonderful.

Rhonda - Glad you and DH got the healthy foods in the house...that really helps when it's all there. When will the kids be back?

JollyMolly - I am so glad your day is going better. Life happens. If you go off your plan - try to jump back on and you'll be OK. You CAN do this!

Penney - GREAT for staying with your plan. If your muscles are very sore, yes, it's good to rest.

Have a GREAT day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-11-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, another on-plan day, yippee! We did not make it to the pool because of the storms, but I took advantage of the break in weather and cooked a stir fry, a turkey breast and a pan of moussaka, so I shouldn't have to cook again for a few days. Double yippee! I'm sure we'll go swimming tonight and take dinner up there.

Here's today:
B: Vegetable moussaka, coffee with milk
S: Tomato juice, hard boiled egg
L: Leftover chicken stir fry with brown rice, NSA fudgesicle
S: Skim latte, cottage cheese with strawberry-rhubarb compote
D: Chef's Salad
S: Ricotta with fresh strawberry sauce

JollyMolly
, DH is glued to the TV these days watching the Euro Cup. He is rooting for his French team and sooooo happy that CNN is televising.
BJ, great job staying on plan and your 4 sticks of butter reward!
Penney, it's great to mix things up and keep them interesting to help you stay on plan.
You rock mj, great job resisting the candy!
Merksie, did you guys cool down any? It's pretty nice here right now. Feels great after the last couple of days.
Rhonda, I did Ph1 for a week and am now 1.5ing too. It is strawberry season, so I have to take advantage of that, and I've added a grain also the last couple of days. How did day 1 go?

I got my walk in this morning and plan to swim tonight, so exercise should also be on-target. Have a great on-plan day chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 06-11-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Penney--Great job! Thanks, yea, vending machines are the devil!

Beverlyjoy--Great job!

Schmoodle--Swimming is such great exercise! I miss it a lot.

Hi to everyone else! I have to get ready for a meeting...ick!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #21  
started 1/28/08

Hi everyone --

I just got back from the park -- MUCH nicer weather here today, so I did my regular 5 miles.

I was fully on plan yesterday with a calorie deficit of -1,386, so I'm starting to make up for Sunday/Monday and am getting hopeful I'll hit my goal of averaging -1,000 per day this week . . . if I can stay on plan today!

mj -- kudos on avoiding the candy walker . . .

Penney -- good job staying on plan & making it to the gym - enjoy your day of rest if you decide to take it. Mediterranean salads sound yummy . . . I'd love a recipe if you have time to post one

Bev -- congratulations on losing the 4 sticks!

Schmoodle -- yup, we had storms here too. Moussaka -- YUM. Hope you enjoy the pool/better weather tonight.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #22  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

Well, we've made it to the 1/2 way mark. How is everyone? I'm still trying to get my 'bippity bop' in gear and on the way to slenderness. Thank goodness for another fresh new day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I just received the nicest compliment ever! One of our newer managers who I am helping train called me her mentor.
What an awesome compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Molly View Post
I'm trying very hard to stay on plan today... so far so good. ... This weekend I hope I'll remember it's easier to stay with the groove than try to get it back.
Weekends can be rough for me, too. Great job of getting right back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merksie View Post
I did journal everything, and got most of my exercise in despite the incredible heat/humidity. I've walked about 3 miles so far today, and am on track so far for a 1,000 calorie deficit.
Sounds like you are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
....someone just came around w/ a bag of candy...I politely declined,
Another victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penney View Post
.. I am on a Mediterranean kick right now and am really loving it
Sometimes it really helps to switch things up a bit. I've thought about trying the Mediterranean diet one day. The foods do look different, but yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
Finally....I showed a loss on the scale today - one pound!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
How did day 1 go?
Meh! Good intentions and all that. There is something to be sad for pre-planning. I got sabotaged by some chocolates on my table. Needless to say, I need to do a kitchen purge.

Today's plan: I need to begin establishing a daily routine that is based upon eating healthy and exercising. I find that getting organized and planning are crucial to my success. The first thing I will do each morning is plan my menu for the day and start my calorie tracking spreadsheet. Also, I need to start eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at approximately the same time each day and exercising at the same time each day.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

PS....Mathpuppy....where'd you go? We miss you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #23  
brn
brn

Hi All
I posted here early last week. Seems while I've been gone there was a crash and my posts were losts.
So here I go again.
When I got here last week I was feeling pretty down about my lack of progress caused by my not doing what I needed to do.
I was at 220.
Well thanks to this forum and the diabetes one I'm back on track.
I'm doing what I'm suppose to do.
Exercise and sticking with my food plan. I feel really good about that.
I've also shed 4 lbs since last week .
While veggies are not my thing at the moment I am getting in fruit which is a very good thing.
Tomorrow we leave for Tunica so I can attend a workshop on Autism.
While I'm gone I'll do my best to exercise. (I hope there's a pool)
I will also do my best to stick to my food plan.
I'll account for my actions when I return.
brn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #24  

Height: 5.6

Hi all! I am in a bit of a funk today - just had one of those days where I just was not quite with it and had no desire to be.... that is bad I know. I stayed on plan - but I was still sore - so I just kind of did some stretches and played on the Wii for a little while. Did better on my water though. Oh, and I did park a bit farther away from work...

BRN - Good job - sounds like you are on track - have a good trip!!

Rhonda - I am so with you on the planning - I don't have to have it written in stone - but by Sunday - I have to have a general idea/plan of what I am going to do for the week - otherwise I fumble.....BIG TIME

Schmoodle - Don't you just love getting a couple days of cooking out of the way at one time???? Swimming - that is on my list of things that I want to start doing....I used to love swimming.....

Beverly - Congrats on the loss!!!

MJ5 - Hope your meeting went well....

Merksie - 5 miles - that's great - are you a walker, jogger, runner or some combination.... I am working towards the walking & jogging - again - boy - you stop for a month and it might as well have been a year.... Here is one of the first recipes that I tried - the best thing is, you can use any veggies that you want- I just try to avoid the really starchy ones....I have also tossed in some fresh cilantro and it turned out really good. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com - it's a great site.... (the "I" in the recipe is from the recipe site - not me - but they are right.)

INGREDIENTS
4 cups roughly chopped raw vegetables (I like a combination of carrots, red onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, green or red bell peppers, and zucchini)
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
1/2 cup torn basil leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
DIRECTIONS
Toss all ingredients together.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article The Healthiest Diet Ever on December 19, 2004.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

We've had more severe storms through here, knocked the power off for a while and messed up the broadband antenna on the roof.

I've been on-plan for the week, just need to get my tail exercising again.

How is everyone?
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #26  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hey gang!

just checking in.
still working on those last five lbs i been complaining about. lose em, gain 'em. its wierd. probably because its hard to find the motivation to fight the fight these days, but luckily i am feeling the squeeze. the proof is that im here and plan to bull doze my way foward in these coming weeks, to stop waiting to be "inspired" to lose weight, cause lets face it, i could be waiting a long time for that to happen.

i been really sick these past few days ugh! so if my entry seems spacy its because i am. see you tomorrow!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

Hi everyone!
Thanks for all the support and encouraging posts. Getting back on track with the eating is proving harder than I expected. I do OK until after lunch, then the afternoons and early evenings is when I slip. My husband has brought home goodies-- either desserts or snacks-- almost every night and that makes it worse.

The good news is that I am getting my exercise in. I take the dog for a long, hilly walk every day instead of once a week. We did miss yesterday because of pouring down rain and a busy schedule, but we went this morning. Saturday I'm going on a hike with a weight loss group I belong to. I'm looking forward to that. I love to go hiking but I'm by no means hard core so I'm reluctant to go with a "normal" hiking group. We've hired a guide and the hike is categorized as easy, so it should be all right as long as the weather cooperates.

Rhonda- I'm with you that planning and organizing is a must. I make my menu on Friday, but I need to incorporate regular eating times because otherwise I get so hungry that it all goes out the window. It's hard to schedule with a family of four all going separate ways, but I think it's what I need to do.

Brn- Congratulations on the loss! HOpe you have a good trip to Tunica-- it's not far from my home town, so the name is familiar even though I haven't been there in ages. I've heard it's really booming.

mj5- Way to go resisting the candy I'll think of you next time I need to just say no

Penney- Thanks for posting the recipe. It sounds yummy and what's even better is it sounds like something my daughter would love. I'll have to give it a try.

Merksie- I like how you keep track of your deficit. I'd never thought of that. How do you measure the calories you use? Do you have some sort of electronic monitor or do you use a computer program? My calorie counting software is really bare bones, but it's the only one I've found that's geared toward Swiss food, so in the end it's less of a hassle to use than some of the more sophisticated ones that are geared toward the US.

Schmoodle- one of my goals is to go swimming at least once a week. The weather here has been rainy so the outdoor pools aren't so inviting, but I need to make it a point to get to an indoor one. Time is running out for this week...

Bev- Congrats on your loss!

Darkblue- Congrats on staying OP!
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...I had another good day yesterday (that's 8)... wow - I am so grateful.

Today:

storytelling this am - three programs

log food
meditate
stretches
heat and ice
PMA
lots of water

breakfast - kashi waffle with pnb, applesauce, hard boiled egg whites.
lunch - open face lite cheese sandwich, veggies
snack - stawberries
dinner - spaghetti squash, parm. cheese, sauce, garlic bread, green beans
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk, raisins

I hope you all have a GREAT day. I'll be pack for personal later.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #29  
started 1/28/08

Good morning everyone!

I made my calorie deficit goal yesterday (-1,142), so that's two days in a row. I'm on track so far today, but it was one of those "just do it" mornings . . . I woke up around 7:30 and logged onto the computer even though I know I need to do my walk early before it gets too hot . . . I had a bad case of the "I just don't wannas" but forced myself out the door by 8:15. I'm really glad I did the whole 5 miles, because my college roommate has some pieces in a group art show that's opening today -- the extra calories burned will come in handy since I'll be negotiating a wine/cheese/crackers minefield this evening.

Rhonda -- I've been ambushed by chocolates too . . . sneaky little devils, aren't they! How did your search and destroy mission go?

brn -- Kudos on your loss. Keep up the good work, and enjoy Tunica -- it's a fun town!

Penney -- Congratulations on getting your exercise in despite your mood! I'm just walking for now . . . I hope to work in some jogging when I lose some more weight, but I fear it'd be too hard on my knees at the moment. Thanks for the recipe! It sounds great, and I'm planning to try it this weekend.

Molly -- I use the fitday software -- there is a free version on the web at www.fitday.com. It is a combination calorie tracker/activity tracker/weight loss planner . . . you input your weight, age and basic activity level, and it estimates your calories burned. Then you input your food intake and any specific exercise above your basic activity level for each day, and it tells you your calorie deficit or surplus. It lets you create/input nutritional data for custom foods, so it might work for you even if some of your regular foods aren't in its database.

Bev -- 8 days in a row is a great streak -- keep up the good work, you're inspiring!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, snuck a few more pretzels at the pool yesterday. Didn't know those would be an issue for me, but apparently they are, so I need to get them out of the pool bag. Otherwise on-plan. The scale is screwing with my head though, I am up five lbs. this morning from my last weigh in ten days ago, and I have been 95% on-plan. I'm chalking it up to the salty pretzels and approaching TOM. It's not my weigh-in day anyway so I shouldn't have even been on the scale, that'll teach me.
So, here's today's plan:
B: refried beans with salsa and lowfat cheese, coffee with milk
S: vegetable moussaka and tomato juice
L: leftover chicken stir fry
S: lowfat latte, celery with LCLC (only if I feel I need it)
D: cock-a-leeky soup and salad
S: lowfat ricotta with strawberry rhubarb compote

Hi mj and Penney!
merksie, here's some to help you with your reception tonight.
Rhonda and Molly, good luck with your planning and scheduling. Those things really help me.
Beverlyjoy, congrats on your winning streak and good luck with your weekend!
Hi darkblue and math puppy, glad to see you guys back!
brn, good luck on your trip.

The weekend is almost here chicks! If I stay on plan the next couple of days, I get a glass (or two) of wine and some dark chocolate as my weekend treats.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote