Old 06-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Getting tired of it all

I am having a hard time sticking to the healthy eating. I know it's a decision I have to make but its so hard sometimes. I did pretty bad this weekend with eating and did not exercise at all. I am ready to get back on the exercise wagon but not on the eating healthy. I just crave junk food all the time! GRR!! I don't have any in the house so that's good but sometimes I just wanna drive out to the gas station and get a bag of chips, a sprite, and a snickers! I know I shouldn't and I won't, but I just need some encouragment today. You all have inspired me but I am just having a hard time today sticking with it.
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Oh I hear you. I really hate it some days too. But it seems like the more I give in, the easier it is to give in the next time. After a few days or a week of "eating clean" as someone once put it, it gets so much easier and I dont even think about the junk anymore. So try and focus on that. Seven clean days. Make it a goal!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/246/170

I know just how you feel. I have doing great for 9 weeks now. No problems at all. Then, just other night, I went crazy looking for junk. And of course, there isn't any in the house. I live just a few feet from a 7-11, and I literally had to talk myself out of going there and pigging out. I had to talk myself out of it several times. I must have looked in every cabinet, every crevice of the fridge for a left over piece of junk food. I felt out of control.

I was so happy I had it all out of the house. And I learned a very important lesson - I have to KEEP it out of the house. Or next time, I might have lots of stuff to snack on during a binge. I keep telling myself that it will get better. And I guess it has. I used to binge-snack like that A LOT (which is what got me to where I was). One attack in 9 weeks is pretty good.

Hang in there!
lala229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My journey has been one of many ups and downs. I'm an emotional eater and it sometimes feels like there are more and more reasons to overeat just waiting for me around every corner. But, I refuse to give up. I just can't face regaining all of my weight and trying to start all over again in the future. I've been there and done that too many times to count. This time, I'll keep trying until I figure out what it takes for me to finally catch on and get with the program. So, for now, I lose a little bit every once in a while, but I havent re-gained my weight. For me, this is a major deal. I think of it sorta like maintenance. When, I'm ready, I'll lose again. For now, my job is to maintain and not look back.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-09-2008 at 06:10 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #5  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I think following healthier eating for me is harder than when I quit smoking. All that just to say "I hear you loud and clear." Sending you some You can do this just hang on and keep coming here for support.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #6  
Dori

S/C/G: 258.8/234/160

Height: 5'8"

OK I might be way off but I'm going to put in my .02 anyway. I DO NOT deprive myself of ALL junk food...to me that's like telling a 16 year old they CAN NOT hang out with a certain someone...it makes you want it so much more and then you have to go over and above just to prove a point (in my case anyway). I handle "junk food cravings" two ways:

1) I buy prepackaged snacks that are in the 100 Calorie range have them handy for when a craving strikes.

2) I buy the big bags but divvie them up into smaller portions...i.e. I will buy a big bag of Doritos take some snack sized zip-loc bags and add a 1 oz serving (140 Calories) to each bag until the big bag is gone. When I get a craving I just grab ONE of the individual baggies and I'm good to go!

I feel that if I don't make it taboo to eat and I can eat SOME regularly then I won't miss it as much and then want to BINGE...if my body knows it CAN have it even though it's alot less than I used to give it, I crave it less and less. When I first started this I was eating 100 calorie packs 3x a day...now 64 days later I only eat them when I am out and about or when that occassional craving hits me I know this isn't going to work for EVERYONE but it helps me out alot No matter what HANG IN THERE because YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Last edited by Mommie27; 06-09-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Mommie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Just wanna reach out and send a

Some days are harder than others. Be patient with yourself.

And if you feel like exercising or moving around, then by all means, please do!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #8  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

This happens to me every single month, just like clockwork. I can predict when the cravings will start at this point. The rest of the month I'm fine; no cravings, I don't miss the sugar or the carbs. But about a week before TOM it starts and it's all I can do to hold on.

Saturdays are usually my shopping day, but I was actually afraid to go to the grocery store this Saturday, I was craving chocolate so much. I had to go on Sunday so I could make my meals for the week, and you know what? I bought ice cream. And I didn't just eat one serving, either.

Yesterday was a bad day. But I'm right back on plan today, regardless of whether or not I want to be. It's so hard to stick to it when your body just wants what it wants. But if I can climb back up on the wagon, you can too.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #9  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycurls View Post
I am having a hard time sticking to the healthy eating. I know it's a decision I have to make but its so hard sometimes.
Are you enjoying your food? I think it's the rare person who is able to stick to a food plan which they don't enjoy. Is this possibly affecting you? If so, what could you do in order to enjoy your food more?

Quote:
I just crave junk food all the time! GRR!! I don't have any in the house so that's good but sometimes I just wanna drive out to the gas station and get a bag of chips, a sprite, and a snickers!
Is your blood sugar under control? Often, cravings for carb-fat combinations are caused by wild swings in blood sugar--too far up, too far down--and the down makes for cravings. If you are not snacking healthfully and frequently, or are eating too much refined sugar and/or grains, then you may have cravings which could be cured by making changes to the timing and content of your diet.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #10  

Thanks for all the advice and encouragment! You all are so awesome and I really appreciate it! I am going to get back on the healthy food wagon today.

I am having a problem with dinner. I don't know what to eat for a healthy meal. I have been eating grilled chicken and turkey burgers and I am sick of it. Any one have any really easy dinner menus?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #11  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
I am having a problem with dinner. I don't know what to eat for a healthy meal. I have been eating grilled chicken and turkey burgers and I am sick of it. Any one have any really easy dinner menus?
The best investment I've made this year is a copy of the South Beach Quick and Easy Diet Cookbook. I'm not doing SB, but the recipes really are quick and easy, and they help me with carb control. Tonight, for instance, I had chicken for dinner. The recipe is SO easy but really delicious:

4 chicken breasts
4 tsp taco seasoning
1 C. salsa
1 C. shredded lowfat cheddar

Season chicken breasts on both sides with taco seasoning. Cover with salsa; cook 25-35 minutes at 375. Once chicken is cooked through, sprinkle cheese over top and cook 3-5 minutes.

That's all there is to it! I love green beans so I spray a pan with cooking spray, toss in as many green beans as I can fit, toss them with a lot of chopped garlic, and roast them in the oven until they start to wrinkle. SO GOOD.

I try not to eat carbs after 3:00 pm or so because my body is weird, so I just had chicken and green beans for dinner tonight. It was fantastic.

Last edited by thistoo; 06-09-2008 at 06:46 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 148.2/145.2/135

Oh my goodness thank goodness I found you. I too have felt like giving up since I watch so hard what I am eating and seem to gain weight and do not get it.

Stress and boredom eating is my life. I do not understand why I feel that I need to control things that much that all I do is eat. If you need a buddy let me know, I know I do.

Boo
aka Beth
RedoBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #13  

Boo, I could always use a buddy!!! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels like this!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #14  

Height: 5.6

Warmaiden - You are so right - if I get bored with my food or make myself stick to a very strict diet - I am going to be so unhappy and then I will eat junk. Also, you are so right about the blood sugar - I am diabetic and when my sugar is really high or really low I will eat the worst food. Especially if it is high - when it is high I have the worlds worst cravings for more carbs and more sugar. When my sugar is balanced - I do really really well.

Crazycurls - check out allrecipes.com they have some really great and easy recipes. I have been going there lately for ideas. Also if you look around the website - you will find a lot of ideas to help plan your menus.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Today was a hard day for me as well, so hang in there. I did well at work then came home and had a bowl of cereal (of course not a recommended "serving"), 100 calorie pringles cup, 2 handfuls of pretzles and a V8...there goes about 600+ calories....down the tubes...

Worked sucked today...can you tell?
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote