Old 06-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #1  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Talking JUNE NSV's

I didn't see a June NSV thread post-server crash of '08, so I thought I'd start one! I'm using Sandi's usual intro:

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #2  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Okay, my NSV for the day is that I went to the gym! On a Saturday! And I used free weights for the first time today instead of defaulting to the weight machines, even though my former vice principal from high school and former principal from middle school were working out there (doubt he remembers or recognizes me anyway!).
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

When I was at the farmer's market this morning I saw my hairdresser that I had for years! She is my age with kids but her shop closed and I didnt know what happened to her. Anyway she saw me and said WOW you have lost weight huh? You look great! That felt really good especially since she never saw me at my high weight. She always saw me at 240-250 pounds.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:04 AM   #4  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

My NSV for today is when I went dress shopping. I found the most fantastic, fabulous, perfect dress. I am excited...can you tell?!?!
Anyway... it is a 1x!! Not a 3x!! The funny thing is I grabbed a 2x (because they didn't have a 3x) and also a 1x just to see. Well I tried on the 2x first and my friend was like...umm...NO that doesn't fit! Too big! I was SO excited.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I went to a 60th birthday party last night and made all healthy choices! I had the very tiniest sliver of cake and one tiny taste of homemade ice cream and stayed on my plan.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/246/170

I went back to my gym for the first time since March 2007. AND, I signed up for a personal trainer. I should hear back from them this week. I'm nervous, but excited!!!
lala229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

My first NSV of the month was yesterday lol I actually exercised while my husband was home. I know it's silly but I was kind of embarrassed to do it. He's this fit, healthy guy.....he's nothing but supportive so I don't know why I felt that way.

He tried doing the elliptical after me and he got his butt kicked on the program I do! lol Made me feel good

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 06-08-2008 at 12:06 PM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #8  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

I used to have a collection of tshirts that I only wore to bed or around the house because they were too small to wear in public. I realized today that all of them have been moved to the "weekend wear" drawer now because they all fit!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

This is sort of gross if you are a visual thinker (like me), but here goes:

Someone made fudge and brought it into our office, and tonight after my dinner I relented and cut a small piece. I took a bite and thought to myself, "this is not worth it". Then I spit it out and threw it away. Me, throwing out chocolate! That's unheard of.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
I took a bite and thought to myself, "this is not worth it". Then I spit it out and threw it away.
Wow I thought I was the only one who does this. I have recently been doing this more. If I am in the kitchen and take a mindless bite of something, I catch myself and spit it in the trash. And if I take a bite and something is not that good I do the same thing. Of course, I only do it when I am alone!!

Last edited by Lyn2007; 06-09-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #11  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
Of course, I only do it when I am alone!!
I know, I wasn't alone at the time and I had to be careful no one saw me spit into a paper towel. Mostly because I would have gotten yelled at for wasting perfectly good fudge.

Totally not worth the calories, though. It wasn't even good, I don't know what they were all raving about. Now the fudge *I* make...that's worth the calories!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

The fudge NSV is great! I've done that too, taken a bite of something I shouldn't and while chewing my brain is screaming at me to stop, so I spit! Only at home, alone though of course. And when DS does this, he gets yelled at!

I've had a couple little NSVs this week, but it's the little things that keep us going right?
The pool opened and I notice such a difference from last year. I can walk around in my bathing suit without feeling like a total freak show. Last year, I used to take off my cover up and make a mad dash for the water! Also DH kept commenting last night how "frisky" I was. I realized I was jumping around and playing with the kids much more than years past. I kept eying the water slide and I think I may go down that thing one day soon...
And I pulled out a pair of last year's shorts to wear. I don't know why I thought I'd be able to wear them this year, but they were my faves and they had gotten soooo tight. Anyway, way too big, falling down, into the goodwill pile!
Finally, I had quit wearing my hair up because I thought it made me look like a pinhead - you know, tiny head, huge body. Yesterday was too hot, so I put it up and caught a glance of myself in the mirror, and ya know what? I looked fairly normal! Hooray, ponytail for me today!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #13  
started 1/28/08

Congratulations on the fudge NSV - I've done that too. Seeing the consequences of eating certain things/amounts in time to make a decision whether or not it is worth it is surely an important step on this journey . . .
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #14  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Finally, I had quit wearing my hair up because I thought it made me look like a pinhead - you know, tiny head, huge body. Yesterday was too hot, so I put it up and caught a glance of myself in the mirror, and ya know what? I looked fairly normal! Hooray, ponytail for me today!
LOL! I have been walking around all these years with a tiny head, I'm sure.

Those are all fantastic NSVs; nothing small about them!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:15 AM   #15  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Even though I'm losing weight very slowly, I'm not giving up. I know I need to eat well to stay healthy. I'm staying on plan.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote