Old 05-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Well Now I Feel Crappy!

This morning I went to the gym, sounds good right? Well I belong to Gold's Gym and they give you those little key card things and swipe it when you walk in and the computer says "Welcome" out loud. Well today I handed it over, she swiped it and the computer said "Check Status." I thought "oh crap what's wrong" but she looked down at the computer and said "oh don't worry about it, it just says that because you haven't been here in 43 days." 43 days? 43 frickin' days?!?! Heck I knew it had been a while that I had been slacking off but I didn't realize how long it had really been. Now I'm a little angry at myself for taking so long to get back there. I know, I know, at least I went back today, at least I got started again but that doesn't really seem to matter right now. I feel like a jerk
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5' 3"

I think I know how u feel. Guilty, embaressed, frustrated. But, are these positive thoughts. Are they going to change the past. No. If you keep sulking with these emotions, it might lead you to binging (if you have a history of it). So, please don't beat yourself up. It is still okay. Think of it as a leason learned and move on.
needtobestrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

It is frustrating, isn't it? We move through each day, thinking that we're going to get back on track, or back to the gym, and time slips away. We try to convince ourselves that it isn't as bad as it is, and then reality hits and we're so frustrated! I can relate.

But, just remember that you did get back. Just try not to beat yourself up too badly! Just don't let it happen again!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

wisher, I know you feel bad, but you have to look at it this way: If you hadn't been there today, then it would have been 44, 45, 46...
You WERE there today. That's important.
If you are a goal oriented person, maybe you should set a goal of X out of X days to go to the gym, with a reward at the end.
Nothing comes of beating yourself up over it. There's no way you can change the last 43 days. But if you use it as motivation, then it can be a positive thing.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

It's been a lot longer than that for me, although I have been exercising at home everyday. I will have to venture in this weekend.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Well....aren't you glad that the non exercising days are behind you? You can't change the past - however, make a note to yourself not to let that many days go with hitting the gym.

Go forward and don't look back - too much negative energy.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-21-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote