Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 03:06 AM   #1  

Wink Maybe I hit the right button...or not? :-)

Hello All, I just discovered this forum and hope I'm posting correctly. I'm a 43 year old female who really needs a diet buddy. Now honey , I'm talking about a diet buddy for a LONG time. I probably have in excess of 200 pounds to lose. Four years ago, I lost 160 and slowly I've gained it back, plus some. I remember how lonely and difficult it was and am hoping a friend going through the same thing will make it easier, for both of us. So ladies, if your out there...I hope we can help eachother.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:38 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

WELCOME!! Well you came to the right place for support!! Everyone here is great!! Feel free to jump in on any of the threads. I know that 200 lbs may seems like a lot, but I had 176 lbs to lose and now it's only 138. One baby step at a time!
Old 03-11-2002, 04:21 PM   #3  

Default Still in need of a bud?

I also have lots of weight to take off-145 pounds, so I'm in for the long haul. If you still need a buddy, I'd love to have a partner for my long journey ahead. I will be honest beforehand and let you know I need someone who can engage in nearly daily communcation, be both supportive and open to advice and help, and have an understanding that there is no short cuts to achieving success. If you feel we have a foundation in common to work from, email me at [email protected]

Faith
Old 03-11-2002, 06:16 PM   #4  

Welcome. You are at the right place. I have 152 lbs to loose so I'm here for the long haul too. I have the first 25lbs. gone. I'm on here daily so if you need me just let me know.

Carol
Old 03-11-2002, 06:35 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I have been here for almost 2 years so the long haul is what has me comming back. I slowly have lost mostly 65 (give or take some depending on the water gain loss of the week) but a slow loss is my focus I mean to keep it off this time. so welcome to the club and hope to hear fom you more!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:16 PM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Hello!!

We all on this thread are in the same boat! Having a 100 pounds or more to lose. Me, I had 144 to lose at the beginning. Now it is 106. I know its hard to start over again after having lost so much and needing to lose it all again. I have done this myself. I lose 50 gain it back and then wait a long time to try again, repeat... I have done this three times already each time losing 40-50 pounds. A year ago I started to try again but this time I resolved to do it slowly. I lost 30 kept it off and just started to try again a few months ago to get more off. This is working for me this time-lose some keep it off and then go for some more!! keep coming here daily if you need too--- it helps keep me going.
good luck!!
lorelei
313/275/169 goal
Old 03-12-2002, 03:25 PM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

Welcome, welcome... we all have LOTS to lose.. and just because its "gone" doesn't mean we won't post anymore!!

I have 125 to lose... I've lost 12.5 (or 10% of my goal!!)

Welcome Welcome!!! enjoy the boards, the people, they are all WONDERFUL!
Old 03-13-2002, 01:05 AM   #8  
gbo

You are in good company my dear as most of us have or have had a great amount of weight to lose. I myself weigh in at 309 3/4 (I finally have written this correctly) and was at 304 before I brainlessly stopped but I am back and on track. I have always done things alone but since that was not working for me and as hard as it was to take that first step, coming here was the smartest thing I ever did. My top weigh was 475. I once was at 238 but life after that has been a real yo-yo. So here I am nearly 48 and just now getting this part of my life together at last. This group is amazing and each is a gift unto themselves. Together we are a power force, you will find you just can't stay away after a time. Lets get o a roll!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 03-13-2002, 02:44 AM   #9  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I'm in for roughly 155 pounds, bringing me in at a solid 175 or so, not bad on a 6' frame so I'm here for quite a while, heck, I've been here for quite a while, this is my replacement screenname, my old one doesn't work for some reason, but when I first started here, I didn't even KNOW my start weight, I was scared to find out so, to repeat what everyone else has said, we're all here together, for the long haul :-)
Old 03-13-2002, 09:56 AM   #10  

Well as you can see you now have a LOT of support and i'm here to do the same. I have about 130 lbs to loose and I have been at my weight 280 give to take for the last 3 years and I do and eat what i want. I started at the gym and that has seemed to help (you don't want to look at the scaled for a couple months)
If you have any question or concern please post it. We all will do our best to help you and support you in any way possible

And you will help us i'm sure. So in advance thank you.

I wish you the best of luck and feel free to ask me anything.

Bella23

279/280/278/150
not great but I have lost an inch in every part of my body
except the waist.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:54 AM   #11  

Alexander, you're positively being inundated with offers of help, aren't you, darling? Well, let my add my name in there too!!

I began at 348 (my highest) and have set my goal at 200 (to begin). When I make it to 200, we'll see if I'm happy there or want to continue. I don't even remember when I hit 200. I graduated HS at 225 (or at least that's what I tried to make myself think). I was fooling myself, I'm afraid.

Anyway, I started back on my journey Jan. 1. I am now at 316 so I've lost 32 so far.

My best friend and I were discussing, dare I say it?, dieting the other day and concluded that when your head is in the right place, eating right is the easiest thing and if it is in the wrong place, it's the very hardest thing! Aren't we lucky???....

So, as others have said, you've come to the right place. I've been here since Dec. (I think) and these people are GREAT !!

Come back often.

Good luck, Gayle {:~D))
Old 03-14-2002, 05:03 AM   #12  

Smile My goodness! I'm in good company!

It's been so nice to see so many replies to my request, you all have no idea how much I appreciate your comments and encouragement.
To be honest, I'm not sure of my exact weight at this point, I have a traditional physician scale and it goes to 350 and I'm in excess of that. So, at this point I suppose my goal is to reach the point at which I can actually weigh myself on my scale. I know there are scales capable of weighing me, but they're at the local hospital and I'll be *&!!@ed if I'm going there and be weighed like some farm animal.
My plan is to return to what worked before; a food diary, calorie restricted eating and eventually, when I feel like my knees and back can withstand it, returning to the gym. I love working out but I'm dreading lumbering around in the gym while people that weight 46 pounds prance around in thongs. : :sheep: Oh well, I'll get over it.
If anyone has suggestions or can offer tips on what's working or what's not for them, I'd certainly appreciate them.
Again, thanks to all of you.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:32 AM   #13  

Default Advice

If new to exercise, start slow. It can be leg lifts in bed before you get up in the morning and arm stretches once out. Don't wait till the weight loss, but do what you can now. Find a building on campus you can walk the halls in and go up and down stairs in after your classes. My diabetic nurse says I must build muscle because it burns fat, helps my condition, and improves my metabolism. Faster metabolism means faster burn and more energy. For too long my body has been in storage mode because of all the diets of the past when I starved and binged. Your body needs exercise to stop storing and start using the fat you've stored. Of course this means dropping fat from the diet at the same time.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:31 PM   #14  

OK. Here's what I'm doing. I plan for 1400-16oo cal per day, and 20-30 fat grams. I use www.fitday.com to record my food and activities. It is a really good place if you've never been there. It's free (most imp to me!) and has charts to show you how you are doing. It takes a little time to enter everything, but, it's worth it for me.

I belong to a weight loss support group in my town. That helps a lot also. We get weighed in on Mondays and for the rest of the day, I don't worry about what I eat. If I want Chinese buffet, I go for it. If I want Micky D's, I have it! But, on Tues. it's back to the regimine (is that spelled right?). I don't deprive myself of anything. If I'm craving french fries, I allow for them in my daily calorie count. That way, if I do crave anything, I'm not grazing in the kitchen trying to assuage that desire. I would end up eating everything is site, then probably get some french fries anyway!!

As for the exercise, there are exercise workout tapes for disabled people out there. I have one from Richard Simmons and that's how I start out. You sit to to the 1st half and lay on the floor for the 2nd. It'll get you more flexible and burn some calories.

Well, that's my story...and I'm sticking to it!!...

Good luck, and let us know what is working for you.

Gayle {:~D))
Closed Thread