The most recent verdict is in. Just got back from the appointment a little while ago.
Second biopsy...NEGATIVE for malignant cells.
SO, Mom now has a choice. She can have a PET scan in Vancouver (cancer lights up on this scan) She can have a mediastinoscopy (small surgery to try and get another biopsy....small slit in throat and go in behind the breastbone, overnight and next day in hospital)
She can wait 4 more months, enjoy her summer, and then go back in September for another CT scan to see if anything has grown/shrunk. This idea scares me and excites me at the same time, but I do understand that she's tired of being poked and prodded and scanned and bronch'd.
I kind of want her to get the PET scan...but the choice is hers to make
Right now, of course she wants to wait. My next step will be researching nutrition/supplements/natural stuff. If you know of any good books, please let me know what they are. Mom will be going to see a Naturopath as well to see what they have to say.
That's the up to the minute news...THANK YOU for the prayers and positive thoughts! She's feeling really good.
I guess we can stop saying she has lung cancer now...because we just don't know...THAT feels good...sort of...still scary not knowing for sure.
Love you tons,