3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New Update O/T (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/142212-new-update-o-t.html)

famograham 05-12-2008 10:46 PM

New Update O/T

The most recent verdict is in. Just got back from the appointment a little while ago.
Second biopsy...NEGATIVE for malignant cells.

SO, Mom now has a choice. She can have a PET scan in Vancouver (cancer lights up on this scan) She can have a mediastinoscopy (small surgery to try and get another biopsy....small slit in throat and go in behind the breastbone, overnight and next day in hospital)

OR

She can wait 4 more months, enjoy her summer, and then go back in September for another CT scan to see if anything has grown/shrunk. This idea scares me and excites me at the same time, but I do understand that she's tired of being poked and prodded and scanned and bronch'd.
I kind of want her to get the PET scan...but the choice is hers to make :)

Right now, of course she wants to wait. My next step will be researching nutrition/supplements/natural stuff. If you know of any good books, please let me know what they are. Mom will be going to see a Naturopath as well to see what they have to say.

That's the up to the minute news...THANK YOU for the prayers and positive thoughts! She's feeling really good.

I guess we can stop saying she has lung cancer now...because we just don't know...THAT feels good...sort of...still scary not knowing for sure.

Love you tons,
:hug:
Linda

kissingginger 05-12-2008 11:22 PM

Linda,

That is such great news. while I haven't been around much lately, I do poke my head in once in a while and I was so happy to read your post!!!!

Cheers,
Ginger

xGurlyGrlx 05-13-2008 12:15 AM

So that is pretty good news!! I hope she decides to do the PET scan also! I will keep your family in my thoughts!!

SwimGirl 05-13-2008 12:38 AM

Hey Linda - I definitely think she should go for the PET scan, then if it's negative she can enjoy MORE than 4 months, and worry free! I really do believe in the natural side of things and own Prescription for Nutritional Healing. I love that book!!! Infact, I rarely take medication for things that bother me. If she ever decides to do a detox - one I really enjoy was "Wild Rose Detox" it's a local (BC) made one, which I also liked. You eat a ton of food, just certain foods in certain percentages. Anyways, hope everything else is going good with you!

-Aimee

SuchAPrettyFace 05-13-2008 01:48 AM

Oh Linda!! That is so great it's not cancer! :hug: I'm so happy for you & your family!

And yes, I would do the PET scan too. It sounds less invasive. :grouphug:

raiatheplaya 05-13-2008 02:48 AM

Sorry this is a little off topic, but I'm amazed there is someone else from Vancouver Island.

I'm in Comox, where are you?

Beverlyjoy 05-13-2008 06:38 AM

That is wonderful news! Thanks so much for the update.

GirlyGirlSebas 05-13-2008 07:48 AM

Hi Linda,

It's so good to hear from you and to hear such promising news. Please know that my prayers will continue to be with you and your Mom.

rockinrobin 05-13-2008 07:53 AM

Linda, this is AMAZING news. Just amazing. The best possible scenario.

Gosh, how they tortured you though. I'm glad you've finally gotten some answers and that they're such good ones.

Here's to continued good news!!!!

pintobean 05-13-2008 07:58 AM

That's awesome news Linda that she doesn't have lung cancer :hug: I'm sure you're all relieved. My FIL had lung cancer and I know how hard it gets :( And like others suggested maybe doing a PET scan is good. I can see she's probably tired of all the prodding and stuff but I'm sure once she's done this she'll be able to spend the summer worry free.

Jen415 05-13-2008 10:40 AM

What relief you must feel! I am so happy to hear this!

famograham 05-13-2008 11:22 AM

Raia :) :hug:
There are a few of us from the Island here..not too many.
I'm in Parksville!

Everybody....THANK YOU!
I really believe that your involvement has made a difference!!!
The doctor does still believe it's probably lung cancer, but he also hopes he's wrong! But we've had nothing but good news so far :)

I do believe that I will push for the PET scan.

:hug:
Linda

dek6 05-13-2008 01:09 PM

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: YOUR MOM IS IN MY PRAYERS..... GOOD LUCK

fiberlover 05-13-2008 01:16 PM

Well - that is good news at least! :hug:

Lovely 05-13-2008 01:21 PM

Thank goodness for some good news :hug: