Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default Scale situation

.... i dont acurately know how much i weigh because those scales in the mall ( you know the ones you pay 25 cents to use ) says im 270 my home scale is saying 255 ish and the scale at the doctors office is saying 246 i would really like to know how much i weigh so i can track my weight loss progress which one is the most acurate one ? and does this happen to anyone else

PS these weights where all taken at the same day wearing the same clothes
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I would go with the weight from the doctors office. I used to work in a doctors office and the scales there get calibrated from time to time.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i would love to think that im only 246 that will have already lost me some weight lol .... but then why are all the other scales giving such a high weight ?

does this happen to you?
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, it's tough. I think most of us deal with this one. We use our scale at home, and then notice the scale at the gym or the doctors' is 5 pounds different. I would just pick one scale to use and stick with it. Then you can track how much you have lost.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

right, scales are not always accurate, but I would think the one in the doctor's office would be closest, and the one at the mall probably least accurate. It also matters what time of day it is, what you're wearing, if you've eaten, if you have to pee, etc. But you just need to pick one and stick with it. Then, you track your loss accurately.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #6  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I'd pick the scale that you have access to on a regular basis and you can control the conditions (time of day, same/similar clothes, shoes, pocket contents, etc.) for consistency.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Quote:
I'd pick the scale that you have access to on a regular basis and you can control the conditions (time of day, same/similar clothes, shoes, pocket contents, etc.) for consistency.
Same here.

I know my scale at home actually weighs a little heavier than my doctor's scale (at least it did the last time I went to the dr.), but I have access to MY scale every day ... and I don't get to go be weighed by the doctor every day.

For me, having a consistant measurement to work from is more important than 100% accuracy. So I weigh on my personal scale every single morning at the same time, wearing the same thing (panties and a bra).

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #8  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

You can weigh more or less depending on what time of the day you weigh yourself and if you've eaten or drank anything right before.

I would go with the scale at home since you can weigh yourself every week on the same scale.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I agree trhat the dr scale is most accurate. When you weigh at home, you may be weighing later in the day when you weigh more. So I would write down the date and the dr scale's weight and home scale's weght. Then just use the home one regularly to see the losses. You can always make a note when you go to the dr what it says. I always weigh first thing in the morning, naked. That way my weight does not depend on variables like what I am wearing, how much I had to drink or how much food is in my stomach.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #10  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I say weigh at home. It doesn't really matter which one is more accurate. You just need a starting number and as long as the scale is moving down, you are fine. At home, you can control the time of day and clothes you are wearing for weighing. Good luck!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote