Old 05-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I'm about to get on the road and today will be meetings and running around so food planning is VERY important.
B: hard boiled egg, oatmeal breakfast bar
S: string cheese
L: leftover beans with turkey sausages, salad
S: almonds
D: SBD cola chicken (on rolls for the fam) with cole slaw, tomato soup
S: sugar free jello cup

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-14-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -

I have not been doing as well as I should, am not sure why. Well, I know I'm not losing because I'm back to eating garbage and not exercising. I'm just not sure what prevents me from taking care of my health.

I want to get back on track, and so am here to be inspired by others. You all do so terrific! So I will post a plan for today, and hopefuly stick to it. Then, I can say I achieved a mini-goal. Just for today, I will stick to my plan.

Bkfst - I already screwed that up. I had a poptart in the car on the way to work. Daughter and I were running late.
Lunch - tuna on whole wheat and salad
snack - low fat yogurt
dinner - meatballs with whole wheat pasta
snack - apple/diet soda

will try to drink lots of water.
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #18  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone...well so much for catching up w/ everyone today. Our certifiers showed up TODAY!!! YIKES!!!! I spent the day gathering info for them and trying to answer questions. Oh, yea I forgot to mention, I was the highest ranking person in the building and there are MANY, MANY people above me!!! Talk about stress! I did not stress eat (no time and I kinda felt nauseous!). I did go up and down three flights of stairs (no elevator in our building) at least 20 times--seriously. I'm counting that as my exercise for today! They come back tomorrow for round two....The good news is, even though I was the only supervisor-type person there, I felt totally supported by everyone. That helped more than they will ever know!

I will try to pop in tomorrow, but if not I'll be back Friday night.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks - I stayed within my calories yesterday - I am grateful. DH is on vacation this week. He's been bringing in lots of candy. I've had a few too many nibbles of the candy. I've counted it all in, however, I don't need it.

Today I will have lunch with a friend. It's someone I haven't seen in a long time. Should be fun. Our cousins are coming over for dinner.

Today:

ice/heat
meditation
stretches/movement
plan and log food
lots of water

breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - something healthy
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - gardenburger with lite cheese, on lite bun, veggie
snack - oatmeal, raisins, skim milk

Mj5- wow - no stress eating...that's a major accomplishment!! I hope today goes well too. Hang in there!

Avi - Hi!! I hope your day went well. Good plan. Lot's of water is great.

Schmoodle - good plan. I agree - it's good to put down your plan for the day. It keeps it all real, doesn't it? Hope you had a good day.

Have a great day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-15-2008 at 06:09 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #20  

I feel like I'm back in my groove chicks, but we all know how easy it is to slip back out!
Here's today:
B: omelet with Canadian bacon, cheese, and veg, coffee with milk
S: Ezekiel cereal with milk
L: leftover cola chicken over salad, tomato juice
S: latte, orange
D: Eggplant lasagne, salad
S: sugar free jello cup

avi, fake it until you make it! Just don't give up trying to get back on plan. We don't expect to be perfect here, we just keep trying! Take a good look at your plan and see if you can figure out why it's not working for you. It's not you failing your plan, it's your plan failing you. If you need some suggestions, just ask.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #21  
mj5

Can I just say, my dh is wonderful???? As I was trying to de-compress and not stress eat least night, he kept reminding me the certifiers are "just people" and even though they have a lot of control, they are only people and I shouldn't be afraid of them. I wish he had been at work w/ me yesterday!!!! Oh well, today *should* be better, but we'll see....I just don't like feeling so ill-prepared!

On the upside, I know I got a great leg workout yesterday....my quads are super sore!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Hi All!

I love reading your posts. You are all so upbeat - I'll keep reading so I can get that way also (and get healthy). So I did OK, and stuck to my plan, until my daughter went to bed. That last hour when she's in bed, before I go to bed, is my worst. I had hoped to not eat, or if I needed to I would just eat baby carrots. But no - I had crackers with peanut butter (maybe not the worst thing, but I had too many) and then I needed something sweet, so I had some meringues (fat free, but plenty sweet).

Well, today's another day:

bkfst - cheerios with milk
lunch - tuna/veggies
dinner - salmon with salad
snack - fruit

Again, I'll try to drink lots of water (yesterday I have to admit it was more diet soda than water) and to walk for 20 minutes
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #23  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Just dropping by for a quick check-in. I've decided to take tomorrow off, so I have a ton of work to get through today. My Dad is coming in on Saturday and I have so much to do to get this house perfect. We're not dirty, but our home is definitely lived in. Tonight,my oldest DD is in a play, so I won't get much accomplished this evening.

I've still not been working out. I've been doing okay with the food, so I might have a little loss for this week. The DDs are out of school as of the 23rd and they're going to Florida with the grandparents for about a month. I'm gonna miss them like crazy, but this will give me a chance to focus on myself for a bit and get this train moving quickly in the right direction.

I'll try to check in again later. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Checking in quickly, because things are a zoo at work right now...

More-or-less on plan this week, think I'm down another pound. DH out of town, kids want school to be over with NOW.

You all take care!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:47 AM   #25  
Step by step

S/C/G: 260/260/something healthy!

Height: 5'8"

Just thought I would check in quickly before I have to get ready for a 16 hour shift.

Started my new job last week. I love what I do, but it's pretty stressful. I'm working as a Unit Clerk on the Med/Surg floor at our local hospital, and food is very much along the lines of "grab it when you can 'cause you might not get another chance later!" Pizza or take-out is ordered a lot, but there is a nurse I work with who is trying to lose weight too, so we stick together a lot. We take turns bringing in salads and lean protein and stuff and stash it in the employee fridge.

There were a few evenings where I had to resort to the pizza that everyone else was having, but I did limit myself to two slices and lots of veggies. It was about the best I could do, and I was proud of myself for not just thinking "to heck with it" and scarfing down 5 or 6 slices.

The floor I work is on the 3rd floor, and I've been avoiding the elevator at all costs, unless I'm helping move a patient. I figure my feet are going to kill me by the end of my shift anyway, so stairs aren't going to make much of a difference.

I'm down nearly 7 pounds already, and I've lost 3.5 inches off my hips! I know a lot of it is water weight, but I'm still proud of it.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks....yesterday I ate off my plan. Boy, it's amazing that after monthes of staying with my plan - how easy it is to veer off. Thank goodness every day is a new beginning.

Today I will finish getting ready for my annual plant swap at the local park. I've hosted this swap/potluck for 7 years. It's tomorrow and always great fun. Last year there were 150 people from 4 states and about 3000 plants for trading.

Today -

finish up last minute details for the plant swap

breakfast - kashi waffle, npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, green beans
snack - yogurt and fruit
dinner - beans and rice, roasted vegetable
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk fruit

Have a GREAT day everyone. I'll try to get back for personals later.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #27  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--the potluck/plant swap sounds like a lot of fun!

Schmoodle--How are you doing?

avi--Good for you for getting back on track!

Rhonda--Hope you have a great visit w/ your dad! Wow, a month long visit for your dd's...I'll bet they will have a great time!

Parade--Welcome, I can't remember if I have welcomed you before or not, I have been pretty stressed this week....good for you for doing your best at work w/ food. Be very proud, 7lbs is great!

Well, the visit is over, now the real work starts....I need time to process all that was thrown at us and it was a LOT. Some (majority) I am not directly responsible for, but it's really hard to be critiqued like that in front of so many major players. It's ok, we will bounce back! Good news is, I am down 1lb this week!

How is everyone else? Mathpuppy? txmomma? Purple? Ginger? And everyone else I am forgetting....

I am helping w/ my grandmother's garage sale this weekend, so I'll pop in when I can.

Have a great on plan weekend everyone!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #28  

I ate more than I had on my plan yesterday, but it was all "legal" stuff, so okay I guess. I had a couple of NSA fudgesicles to kill a sweets craving, and a few peanuts. I'm still counting it on plan since I don't count calories. Here's today:

B: Kashi waffle with peanut butter, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: tomato juice, lowfat swiss cheese
L: leftover cola chicken or eggplant lasagna over salad
S: latte, orange
D: whatever leftover I didn't have for lunch, salad, sugar snap peas, GLASS OF WINE
S: rhubarb dessert

mj, glad you are through the worst of it at work. Congrats on the lb! And isn't it great to have an awesome DH?
Beverly, you are right it is SO easy to fall. You can be coasting along on plan and suddenly boom, you are on your butt and you didn't see it coming! But it takes more than that to knock us out permanently right?
Parade, sounds like you are doing great under challenging circumstances! It will become habit after a while...
Hi darkblue, glad you are doing okay!
avi, you haven't asked, so feel free to disregard if you want to, but looking at your menu I wonder if you are eating enough? It looks like you might only be around 1000 calories/day. If you are starving at night, you might need to eat more during the day. Also, just fruit alone can cause cravings for other sweet stuff, so you might want to have some yogurt with your fruit snack, or some peanut butter on an apple. Just a thought for what it's worth. It's always better to eat more if you can and still lose, so your body doesn't try too hard to hold onto the weight, and also, you have room to reduce your calories later when your loss slows.
Rhonda, have a great visit with your dad. I'm sure you'll miss your girls, but I'll bet you're also excited to have some time alone with DH and time to yourself! It'll be a nice vacation for you.

Okay, I just want to crawl back into bed with a book on this gray, rainy day, but time to get down to work, so I'll be able to enjoy the weekend. Work, bills, menu planning, grocery list, then pizza at my mom's. That's my exciting day!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #29  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

another quick message to say I miss you all and I'm still hanging in there. I've gained about 5 lbs - but I am going to work hard to get down to 250 again. I don't even know what my ticker says.

I've been eating poorly and my exercise is non-existent since I can't seem to stay healthy. Yesterday I was at the Dr.'s office because I got an ear infection!!! I haven't had one of those since I was a little girl. So you know it's gotta be something bad in my system...whatever my body is fighting, it's making it tired, and worn out and I think it's time for a real break. Just don't know how to get a break. Either way, since January I've gone down from 275 to roughly 250...I'm still very proud of that and as long as I can maintain this for awhile till I get healthy enough to STAY healthy. Ugh...the hard part is - part of me knows that I could have still lost more weight if I had just stayed eating healthy (even with the illnesses...). But never mind, onward and downwards I say!

I'm flying in 2 weeks and that is a major stress for me. I have huge anxiety over it...any suggestions from frequent flyers?

Cheers for now,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #30  

Ginger, good to see you around. What are the anxieties about? Flying itself? Fitting into seats? Fear of heights?
Don't worry about the seats, at your weight and height you will not have a problem. I fly a lot and at 245 lbs. 5'4", I fit into the seat belts on every airline, and I am shorter than you, and so therefore probably rounder.
If it's fear of flying, you will be safe. Just look at everyone around you that does this every day and doesn't worry about it, including the crew. Take something really good to read, and some relaxing music to listen to.