Old 05-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation And your skin??

I've been on my weight loss journey for 2 weeks now and been on this site every day since then. I love the before and after pictures!!!

All of you achievers look so great. I was wondering...your skin? Any problems at all? I have close to 75 pounds to lose and am afraid of the *loose* skin. I do exercise and drink alot of water...

So tell me ? Are you totally happy with your new bodies? Did everything shrink and fall into place?

Thanks for sharing :-)

Tammy
ItsGreat2BeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I had to lose more than you, but I have LOADS of excess skin. I have "bat wings" on my upper arms (and a bit close to my elbows as well), upper back, hips, above my butt, stomach (upper and lower flattened spare tires), inner thighs and a bit behind my knees. And no, I'm not happy with my new body, but I am *happier* with the new one than I was with the old one. I look a fright naked, but I think I look pretty good with clothes on.

But don't let my story freak you out! There's a variety of factors that determine loose skin. We have a forum devoted to it! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 05-07-2008 at 10:37 PM.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I have some loose skin now, and probably the last 20 pounds will give me some more. I drink a lot of water, exercise a lot, lost really slow, eat healthy fats, and it is still there
It bothers me a bit, doesn't bother DH at all.

But - it doesn't really show when clothed, except for my arms. And you know what? I would never, never, never, ever, ever, never want to go back to where I was.

Never, never, never - can I say that enough?? LOL

Last edited by fiberlover; 05-08-2008 at 07:59 AM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Yup got loose skin... my arms are a bit flabby, got some wobble on my thighs and I have the whole apron thing going on with my abdomen. Would I swap it for the 100lbs of 'tight skinned' fatter me?

Not a chance

Last edited by denialisnthappiness; 05-08-2008 at 09:20 AM.
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a little on my upper arms, a tad on my thighs, and my stomach has "pouch" going on but all in all it's not that bad. I tend to get a little self conscious about my midsection (it's definitely bigger than the rest of me)
but I would NEVER EVER trade my size 8 jeans with a little bulging midsection for my old size 20s.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Yep, after 60 lbs., things are kinda loose. Still a vast improvement though! And I am 44 years old and the mother of 3, can't expect to find my 24-yo body hiding under there...
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm down 60 and haven't noticed too much - of course I still have a ton to go so we'll see then! LOL But like everyone said, I'll take whatever comes rather than have it all haning off me filled with fat!!! The ONLY part I'm not looking forward to is -- I'm 41 now, and people say I look so much younger in the face, because it's nice and plump so the wrinkles don't show as much hahah. A lot of people I've seen that have lost a substantial amount of weight have that weird face thing going on LOL, and they tend to look a lot older than they did ~ oh well, I'll look old and wrinkly and my body will look like a melted candle but I'll STILL take it over what I have/had !!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Trazey, you are hillarious!!!!!!

I feel so much better now, last night I started reading the horror stories about weight loss instead of concentrating on it's benefits.

I can't thank you all enough!

Tammy xox
ItsGreat2BeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #9  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

I have wings under my arm and yes that pleasant pouch around my midsection. Still, I wouldn't trade it for the weight. The pouch I hide in my pants and friends are surprised when I show them the folds. The arm wings are very visible and I am trying to make peace with them. I am getting there.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Trazey,

Of course I'm nowhere near goal, but many people have told me I look younger now. I think I do look younger than I did 80 lbs. ago.

It may change when more pounds are gone, we'll see.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I'm down 60 and haven't noticed too much - of course I still have a ton to go so we'll see then! LOL But like everyone said, I'll take whatever comes rather than have it all haning off me filled with fat!!! The ONLY part I'm not looking forward to is -- I'm 41 now, and people say I look so much younger in the face, because it's nice and plump so the wrinkles don't show as much hahah. A lot of people I've seen that have lost a substantial amount of weight have that weird face thing going on LOL, and they tend to look a lot older than they did ~ oh well, I'll look old and wrinkly and my body will look like a melted candle but I'll STILL take it over what I have/had !!!
Trazey, I wouldn't worry - you won't look old and wrinkly, you will look younger!
I am younger than you, but was at my HW between 20 and 23 years old. people often thought I was in my early 30s then. I'm turning 29 very soon and to say I look younger now would be an understatement - I have been mistaken for a teenager by women my own age and younger many many many times recently - in fact, people rarely think i'm OVER 22. i like to think it's my radiant glow of health, not my baby face chubby cheeks
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #12  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Like HarpoChicoGroucho I have similar issues but we were very close in starting weights. It's only starting to get bad here. I assume some of it which tighten up but I'm well aware that I either have to learn to live with it or save up for some surgery.

I think it's the arms that bother me most since that's what people see the most... I would look a lot slimmer if it wasn't for them.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yah the age thing I'm not convinced about LOL Sure, some heavy people can look a bit DOWDY, ie not flattering clothes or hairstyles, so when they lose weight, sure they look younger - i mean actual physical changes in the face, when the fat goes the wrinkles show! it's life, who cares, what can you do right?? it's like the girl who won The Biggest Loser, she looked fantastic, but c'mon her face look 10 years older!

oh wait - i lie about my age all the time so maybe i'll say i'm 51 instead of 41 and they everyone will say WOW you look so YOUNG! hahahahahaha
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #14  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
it's life, who cares, what can you do right?? it's like the girl who won The Biggest Loser, she looked fantastic, but c'mon her face look 10 years older!
I know what you're talking about! I though the same thing about Star Jones when she lost all that weight. I think some people's bodies just loses too much fat in their face. The face then has to much lose skin and looks kind of sunken in. You need to have some fat in your face to fill it out, so people get fat injected in their face when they get older to fill it out. But I think everyone is different and a lot of people don't get that sunken in face look when they lose weight.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #15  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah, if I have too much extra skin when I'm at my goal weight and maintain for at least a year, I'm all about surgery to tighten it up! With proper research of doctors and saving money of course.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote