3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Do you have any favorite food/fitness/health programs on TV? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/141816-do-you-have-any-favorite-food-fitness-health-programs-tv.html)

Beverlyjoy 05-07-2008 03:51 PM

Do you have any favorite food/fitness/health programs on TV?

Lately, I've been watching You Are What You Eat on BBC America. It's about a no nonsense wholistic nutritionist who helps (very sternly) folks adopt a healthier lifestyle.

I also like X-Weighted on the Discovery-health channel. It's done in Canada with a trainer helping an over weight person.

I know lots of folks like Biggest Loser. I could never get into that one.

How about you. Any other shows that you'd recommend?

fiberlover 05-07-2008 04:13 PM

I watch the show about the Obesity clinic on Discovery Health. I can't think of the name of it, though.

Freem06 05-07-2008 04:27 PM

National body Challenge, x-weighted and there are some on fittv that I try to watch about diet but I can't recall the name right now.

valpal23 05-07-2008 04:41 PM

x weighted. last 10 pounds bootcamp and Balance and taking it off. They're Canadian shows

LindseyLouWho 05-07-2008 04:49 PM

I don't know if it counts, but I always love it when Dr. Oz is on Oprah... it's the only time I care to watch! Haha.

Except for recently where they kinda went "Dr. Phil" on a family that was trying to quit smoking... yeesh. I just like some light-hearted nutrition/health talk! Haha

Gela 05-07-2008 05:45 PM

I love to watch "You are what you Eat" and "X-weighted". I tivo these. I also like any weight loss shows on Discovery Health. The shows on weight loss surgery are also very interesting even though I'm not interested in it myself.

SwimGirl 05-07-2008 09:29 PM

X-weighted, last 10 pounds bootcamp, and bulging brides! They are all Canadian and the last two are filmed where I live. So it's kind of fun to see the challenge they do at the end, because they are all hikes in the area. Hmm, I wonder if there is one on tonight... I sure hope so!!

-Aimee

xGurlyGrlx 05-07-2008 09:33 PM

I LOVE the biggest loser! I also like the National Body Challenge and I really like Big Medicine on TLC. The doctors on Big Medicine are father and son and preform gastric bypass. It is very interesting. Not something I would consider but I like to see how people change their lifestyles. They also have a nutritionist to help them as some patients need to lose 100lbs before they can do the surgery.

Trazey34 05-08-2008 10:24 AM

I like X-Weighted too - they finally had a new one on last night! It's much more realistic than Biggest Loser, the losses aren't as dramatic and they take 6 months to do it. Last night she incorporated some fun exercises, but her husband was a piece of work, I must say! The kind who wants a "trophy wife" but begrudges her 1 hour to go for a run! ergh!!

ladybugnessa 05-08-2008 10:27 AM

I love X-Weighted I wish they had more.