Old 05-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/135

Height: 5'2"

Default new to 3FC

Hello all,

I am new member to this site and I am hoping to get the needed inspiration to finally get in shape, lose weight and keep it off. My weight has been a yoyo for most of my life. I weight almost as much now as when I was pregnant with my son. He is now 9.....I have lost the weight twice in 9 years but this is the most I have weighed since that. I know how to eat but struggle keeping with it day in and day out. I also enjoy going out with friends and having some drinks. I am currently doing a pretty aggresive walking routine and doing my best at eating. My boyfriend is a wonderful cook but isn't as health conscious as I need to be. I have been exercising for 2 weeks now and watching the diet and haven't even lost 1 pound! I need some success to stay motivated. I welcome any suggestions.
timetochange1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

timetochange
Welcome to the site. Go through and read different threads. You will see inspiration in everyone of them. Maybe it is time to sit down with the boyfriend and have a heart to heart about what is going on. Of course he wants you to be healthy. Of course he wants you to be happy. This journey you are talking to a more healthy thinner body doesn't happen over night. It happens one step at a time and one day at a time. Success takes determination and commitment. Let him know these things. The kinds of foods you eat makes all the difference in getting to where you want to be. Talk about the kinds of foods you three are eating that are good for you and the kinds of foods you really shouldn't be having very often. Maybe he doesn't realize how hard it can be when there is stuff in the house that we don't want or maybe need. Maybe he never thought about better ways of cooking to make dishes more healthy. Just remember, you aren't on this journey to lose weight. You are on this journey for much much more. Eating healthy and staying within some good limits for yourself and exercise has a real good side effect, weight loss
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

We are so glad to have you!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi! I am so glad you found 3fc! Congrats on doing all that exercise. Calorie counting has really worked well for me. I also plan my food for the day and write down everything I eat (planned or unplanned).

If you are getting all that wonderful exercise - then you might be taking in more calories than you think.

Keep posting - folks are glad to help.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hey! you don't have 100lbs to lose! GET OUT!!! hahahahahahahhaha heheh that was really fun to type

of course I'm pulling your leg

Welcome aboard the BOARD! yay! everyone's super supportive in here, so be sure to visit us often!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So glad you decided to join us.

You seem to be doing really well with the exercise. It is probably time to look at how many calories you're eating. Calorie counting works well for me as I can generally eat the foods I like, but keep my calories within a weight loss range. Have you had the opportunity to look at some of the calorie tracking sites? I like both Fitday and the Daily Plate.

Please keep coming back here for support and motivation. This time can be your time!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote